Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New community leader

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

HAR
[ Display Name History ]

HAR

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 792 posts
Long overdue, well done Kevin.

Posted Image

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

red_Fat1
[ Display Name History ]

red_Fat1

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 1,378 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Red fat1
  • RSN2:TheHitman324
  • Clan:Dragonwood

Tip.it's slumping...

<3 killerred XD

Banned for being nh.

Grats Kevin.

Nooooo soz

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood
If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez
Rest in Peace 3xtermination
Posted Image

Deltaer
[ Display Name History ]

Deltaer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Deltaer
Grats!
[2010] Proud Member of Downfall
[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan
(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

shinn60
[ Display Name History ]

shinn60

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 342 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Shinn60
  • Clan:Dutch Generation
deserved

Posted Image

Posted Image
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Ralph
[ Display Name History ]

Ralph

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 643 posts
  • RSN:xPyrox
  • Clan:Downfall/Nexus
Congratulations my loyal minion.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.
Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

[Downfall Forums][Downfall YouTube]
Posted Image

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Congratulations!

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy
CONGRATULATIONS :thumbsup:

I_am_Geed
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Geed

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,497 posts
  • RSN:Feel
  • RSN2:Doc Roe3
Gratz <3: you troll general
Posted Image

Mateusz328
[ Display Name History ]

Mateusz328

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 524 posts
  • RSN:Fuhai
  • Clan:FOW
Congratulations man! Keep up good work.

Posted Image

- Proud Corruption Oldschool till the end-

Pan_Nx
[ Display Name History ]

Pan_Nx

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 3,314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Pan Nx
  • Clan:Nexus
Grats bro
Posted Image

Gamerr
[ Display Name History ]

Gamerr

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

cool wont change anything

Comments like that change a lot on the contrary.

Congratulations Kevin!

Posted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • Clan:Downfall

Congratulations Kevin!

Nothing I say will change the state of this section lol.. so why sugar coat it and pretend it will? they have staff they just dont care that much to make it better anymore

Posted Image

RlPT
[ Display Name History ]

RlPT

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 66 posts
he's on these forums like 24/7 should be a moderator of these entire forums to be honest lol

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

he's on these forums like 24/7 should be a moderator of these entire forums to be honest lol

<3:

j0xPu5R.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Congratulations Kevin!

Nothing I say will change the state of this section lol.. so why sugar coat it and pretend it will? they have staff they just dont care that much to make it better anymore

If you have a constructive suggestion you're welcome to share it - but just posting stuff like "it's hopeless" is neither useful nor constructive.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • Clan:Downfall

Congratulations Kevin!

If you have a constructive suggestion you're welcome to share it - but just posting stuff like "it's hopeless" is neither useful nor constructive.

I have posted constructive suggestions in the past. Maybe in stead of crying about aw a reg member thinks this section is dead why not try and fix it, clans and discussions strive on drama btw so you can't get everyone all nice with each other.

Everytime you go around promoting some one new its like here you fix it idc anymore and they dont even do anything with their rank but moderate and more moderation turns people away.

Posted Image

Gamerr
[ Display Name History ]

Gamerr

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

I have posted constructive suggestions in the past. Maybe in stead of crying about aw a reg member thinks this section is dead why not try and fix it, clans and discussions strive on drama btw so you can't get everyone all nice with each other.

Everytime you go around promoting some one new its like here you fix it idc anymore and they dont even do anything with their rank but moderate and more moderation turns people away.

I know you did, however I don't browse these forums a lot anymore. However I think this topic isn't the place to vent your worries in my opinion. Kevin deserves to be congratulated without being questioned when he didn't even have a chance to proof himself.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but there isn't a quick fix. To "revive" a clan section you need a lot of hardworking people who spend a lot of time on thinking out ideas, trying new things. There's a chance that all that work is for nothing, but there's also a chance that it will succeed. I'm not saying Kevin will turn things around, but he's extremely active I see and he tries to make topics - even when hardly anybody else does. I know it's "useless" in the eyes of many people, but if really nobody posts here anymore then the clan section is truly dead.

I'm not going to comment on the current clan staff, but I doubt the situation is different from that a few years ago. A lot of great staff members left the clan staff, and I personally think they should hire a bunch of really active members now, and indeed try to rebuilt it step by step. What did change is the clan situation, since I'm unaware of the current clan activity I don't know if it's realistic to dream of a super active clan section.

Personally I always had a lot of problems with the hierarchy on tip.it. The admins really supported the clan section, certainly when Daniel and Laila were in charge, but there was so little out of the box thinking. I'm not sure if it came from upperhand, but it was hard to get an - maybe risky - innovative idea done. We once had the chance to make some sort of runehead, and instead of putting heaps of people with tech knowledge on it (because honestly, if that was good tip.it could be the biggest clan section now) they just let it die. I also never understood the idea behind promoting clan moderators to super moderators. I think it's a good idea to promote clan moderators like Kim, Y Guy or Joe who did a great job but give them a "higher" rank excusivly for the clan section. Now they spend a lot of time on moderating other boards (I could be wrong but I thought a super moderator was a "general" moderator) instead of having the full focus on the clan section. Times with low activity are the time the clan section needs people (like the CL's) who exclusivly are working on how to revive it. This is in no way a finger point to the current clan forum activity of Kim, Y Guy or Joe - but it's just something I never understood. Because honestly the only person that was able to do that - and that I worked under - was Laila.

I never had the end responsability ofcourse, and maybe the not-clan admins were afraid tip.it's clan section would become too big and the rest of the forum would be undermined, I don't know. However, with the right people and motivation a lot is possible here. I saw that myself a few years ago when I thought the clan section would slowly but steadidly grow to a new dimension, however for an unkown reason that growth stagnated.

Edit: now I'm doing it myself to discuss this matter in a wrong topic. This post can be moved elsewhere if it isn't suited.

Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

No, we promote people regardless of activity because we feel they deserve to be promoted. I don't expect any new cl to single-handedly revive CD. As always, I remain open to further suggestions.

I know you did, however I don't browse these forums a lot anymore. However I think this topic isn't the place to vent your worries in my opinion. Kevin deserves to be congratulated without being questioned when he didn't even have a chance to proof himself.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but there isn't a quick fix. To "revive" a clan section you need a lot of hardworking people who spend a lot of time on thinking out ideas, trying new things. There's a chance that all that work is for nothing, but there's also a chance that it will succeed. I'm not saying Kevin will turn things around, but he's extremely active I see and he tries to make topics - even when hardly anybody else does. I know it's "useless" in the eyes of many people, but if really nobody posts here anymore then the clan section is truly dead.

I'm not going to comment on the current clan staff, but I doubt the situation is different from that a few years ago. A lot of great staff members left the clan staff, and I personally think they should hire a bunch of really active members now, and indeed try to rebuilt it step by step. What did change is the clan situation, since I'm unaware of the current clan activity I don't know if it's realistic to dream of a super active clan section.

Personally I always had a lot of problems with the hierarchy on tip.it. The admins really supported the clan section, certainly when Daniel and Laila were in charge, but there was so little out of the box thinking. I'm not sure if it came from upperhand, but it was hard to get an - maybe risky - innovative idea done. We once had the chance to make some sort of runehead, and instead of putting heaps of people with tech knowledge on it (because honestly, if that was good tip.it could be the biggest clan section now) they just let it die. I also never understood the idea behind promoting clan moderators to super moderators. I think it's a good idea to promote clan moderators like Kim, Y Guy or Joe who did a great job but give them a "higher" rank excusivly for the clan section. Now they spend a lot of time on moderating other boards (I could be wrong but I thought a super moderator was a "general" moderator) instead of having the full focus on the clan section. Times with low activity are the time the clan section needs people (like the CL's) who exclusivly are working on how to revive it. This is in no way a finger point to the current clan forum activity of Kim, Y Guy or Joe - but it's just something I never understood. Because honestly the only person that was able to do that - and that I worked under - was Laila.

I never had the end responsability ofcourse, and maybe the not-clan admins were afraid tip.it's clan section would become too big and the rest of the forum would be undermined, I don't know. However, with the right people and motivation a lot is possible here. I saw that myself a few years ago when I thought the clan section would slowly but steadidly grow to a new dimension, however for an unkown reason that growth stagnated.

Edit: now I'm doing it myself to discuss this matter in a wrong topic. This post can be moved elsewhere if it isn't suited.

All I'll say to this post is that Kim isn't a clan mod anymore - and I don't feel my position as a super moderator takes time away from my work here. I'll also say that the reason the boards are dead isn't unknown - once the drama with DV came to close (partly because of over-moderation on our part) things went downhill. It's how to improve things now that's the difficult part.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
@Gamerr, well I don't think he's questioning me in particular, just the fact that he feels that my particular promotion won't change anything.

Yes, I completely understand that promoting someone isn't going to change everything around completely. We're not magicians. We do the best we can. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve or something that we can implement, we'll try our best to accomodate that desired change.

I know that I'll do the best I can to seek improvements, but it will not be an easy task because as I said, we're not magicians.

I appreciate your feedback though, it's always appreciated. If you want to talk sometime feel free to PM me on IRC. I'm always open to listen. :)

j0xPu5R.png

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Let's be honest, there just aren't that many clans who want to fight in CWA without overhead prayers anymore, such a shame.

:twss:

hzvjpwS.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users