New Grandmaster Quest on the Horizon?

Tim

Xenia is right, if a global crysis came along only raptor and the seventh hero, out of the signature heroes could do anything worthwhile. And that's considering raptor isn't all talk, since we haven't actually seen him do anything.

---------------------------

Now the question is: what global crysis could come? ( WGS, Temple at Sennisten, dungeoneering journals spoilers further on )

[hide]

The dragonkin:

Appereantly by finding/touching the stone of Jas we did something to free the Draginkin, since once you unlock the strange powers the touch awakened (get the xp reward) you see a cutscene with the dragonkin speaking of power resonating and that they will "wreck pain and sufffering upon lesser races" . Which implies a full-on war. What do we know about the dragonkin? Since their population is very limited they created dragons to protect themselves, so having the power to create dragons they could wage a pretty good war against the human kingdoms.

Zaros:

As those who have done Temple at Sennisten know, Azzanadra has restored the communion portal and is now plotting on how to revive the Empty God. Feared by many, the zarosians are truly a faction that could deal alot of damage if they came back. I'm not saying Zarosian rule would be bad at all, considering how splendorous his kingdoms were pre-godwars, but i doubt the current human kingdoms would submit, and a war would occur. And we all know how warring Zarosians goes.

Lucien:

Currently risen from a simple mahjarrat to unimaginable power, an antagonist which couldn't even be scratched by the great team of heroes we assembled, Lucien has now got the Stone of Jas, an item which the godwars were fought for, and which Guthix used to create the runestones and shape Gielinor, he is now fully prepared to attend the ritual.

Many think that we will defeat him during ROTM, but what if we don't succeed? what if Lucien actually becomes a god, and his faction wages war to control the lands? Another great threat.

Zamorak:

Bilrach, a mahjarrat who is presumably second in power to Azzanadra (and Lucien now, that he has the staff of armadyl and the one stone), has been digging a dungeon towards an unknown goal. genetically engineer whole races of slaves who think that pain and fatique is good so they work until they die, then another generation continues the work. Bilrach is delving deeper due to his beliefs that he can ressurect Zamorak by reaching the rift below daemonheim. However he was most likely tricked by the dragonkin to releasing them.

[/hide]

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I'v seen the raptor at the chaos dwarf battlefield, where he proceeded to get almost killed by Cannoners. Im guessing his armour isnt *that* good, as he was being hit more than me!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

^

I don't despise the characters, but I do despise controlling them like in the Frem Sagas/Slug Menace. So the above poster x2 prolly meant along the same lines, or he actually doesn't like the people.

They're just really stupid :P

They are very stereotypical and flat right now. I'm hoping more quests change that but eh, in the meantime, I'll take my cheap humor where I can get it.

I don't want humor in my quests, especially in ones that are supposed to be rich in detail and lore, like rotm. If they're in that quest I'm legit killing myself.

^

I don't despise the characters, but I do despise controlling them like in the Frem Sagas/Slug Menace. So the above poster x2 prolly meant along the same lines, or he actually doesn't like the people.

They are very stereotypical and flat right now. I'm hoping more quests change that but eh, in the meantime, I'll take my cheap humor where I can get it.

I don't want humor in my quests, especially in ones that are supposed to be rich in detail and lore, like rotm. If they're in that quest I'm legit killing myself.

Leave me your rs account in your will please.We need SOME people to defeat Lucien, and this seems conveniet timing for them to appear. Ill hold you to your word.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

^

Leave me your rs account in your will please.We need SOME people to defeat Lucien, and this seems conveniet timing for them to appear. Ill hold you to your word.

Oh right, lucien is perfect to kill them off, considering they're weaklings compared to people like sloanne and Duradel, who became the most powerful slayer master overnight,and were still 1-hitted

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Oh right, lucien is perfect to kill them off, considering they're weaklings compared to people like sloanne and Duradel, who became the most powerful slayer master overnight,and were still 1-hitted

I quite agree with this. It's thought that Duradel had dragon claws (though you don't really ever see them) and he obviously has 99 slayer, probably with the accompanying 99 melees/hp. I wouldn't like people added to the game to instantly be (replace) heroes considering most players could probably take all of them on at once and beat them on a rocktail and two doses of potion. If they added someone like Duradel, who wasn't really considered a hero (but considered special) until he died in WGS, but only for the purpose to kill him off, it wouldn't be nearly as touching. On the other hand, for those people who trained under Duredel's supervision, it matters (well some of them anyway).

Personally I would like to see ROTM include the signature heroes taking on Lucien and us having to save them, or let them die. Big moment of glory, and they forever defer to you as leader of the Legend's Guild. Suitable for someone who has restored contact with a god, dealt with (helped, fought) more mahjarrat than most people even hear tales about, and eventually will bring the Empy Lord's wrath down on the traitors (or so I hope).

Also, please make killing the six Tormented demons in the Temple below Lumbridge( without the Stone of Jas) a pre-bossfight for ROTM. It's not that hard, maybe on par with Nomad at most.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

For me, it would be awful if those signature heroes would be our companions in ROTM, it would just not feel right. We have plenty of good characters that are way longer in the game that could provide a good companion than just some new guys with generic looks and behaviour.

Hazelmere is probably still alive or something (I know he got crumbled by Lucien, and his last spirit seed thingy was used to save our character, but I do remember the litlle shining thing in his hand just before he got hit by Lucien), Baba Yaga is a powerfull witch AND is from the Moonclan, the first humans to find the Stone of Jas.

A newer character is Kuradal, whose life goal is to revenge her father Duradel, she MUST go with us.

I also see Nomad siding on our side, as I believe he is actually a good guy, as there are some little clues during the quest.

Also, the Crux Eqal Order is still alive, they may still have members we don't know of, but that are already released ingame.

Or the old theory, it will be all Zarosians against Zamorakians, or against Lucien, with maybe a little summoning of Zaros or Zamorak, who then shows his might.

There are so much better options than using the signature heroes, as I listed, and, after all that speculation: I know one thing: I can't wait for this quest, as I've been waiting for the finale for already 7 years. :P

I don't have a problem with them being in the quest, but don't want them to fight with me. Maybe a cool siege fight halfway through that takes them out for the rest of the quest.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Ozan is Zevran. I knew it!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

The video is old, yes, but more relevant now...

I didn't consider it before, but perhaps the monster at the end is the original/resurrected body of the spirit/corporeal beast?

I mean, we do first meet it as a ghost. I know what corporeal means, but I doubt anyone's concluding that the Corporeal Beast we can fight now is in his original form.

I actually don't remember how they explained it transforming into what it currently is...

2dgucz6.png

There's alot of options I think for fighting lucien.

One option is that the dragonkin fight with us or help is steal the stone of jas, then we destroy lucien.

Another is that the other gods help us (saradomin, guthix, etc.,) or give us power equal to that of a god, or something like that...

Another possibility is that the majarat will help us.

Or maybe even a mix of those above.

That's just my thinking though. =]

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

There's alot of options I think for fighting lucien.

One option is that the dragonkin fight with us or help is steal the stone of jas, then we destroy lucien.

Another is that the other gods help us (saradomin, guthix, etc.,) or give us power equal to that of a god, or something like that...

Another possibility is that the majarat will help us.

Or maybe even a mix of those above.

That's just my thinking though. =]

Yeah, riiiight...

Everyone will just be trying to kill everyone.

The Dragonkin want the Stone of Jas back (if they still have the implanted-by-Jas urge to protect it) or will just wreak havoc (read: death and destruction) across the world.

Lucien will try to create a band of 'followers' for when he has completed the last step to godhood.

Any other Mahjarrat besides Azzanadra - will all just fight for their own ass.

Saradomin can't interfere due to the Edicts.

Guthix is asleep and no-one wants to wake him 'cause he'll remake the world when he does.

Zamorak is equally bound by the Edicts, though Bilrach tries to free him through the Daemonheim Rift (but we and Bilrach don't know where this Rift/Portal leads to).

Armadyl is lost and most likely unable to interfere due to the Edicts as well.

Bandos is a tiny spirit after the events of The Chosen Commander.

Candidates for actual help:

Kuradal - she has sworn revenge, and is incredibly strong.

The Signature Power Trio - hopefully not, but you know Jagex.

Any of the other 3 (4?) Signature Heroes - see above.

Baba Yaga - powerfull witch and Moonclan.

Crux Eqal and the Templar Knights - both already fought against Lucien.

Azzanadra - favorite and second-in-command under Zaros, immensely powerfull, and the PC has helped him on various occassions (freeing him during Desert Treasure and rebuilding the Temple of Zaros at Senntisten)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I didn't consider it before, but perhaps the monster at the end is the original/resurrected body of the spirit/corporeal beast?

I mean, we do first meet it as a ghost. I know what corporeal means, but I doubt anyone's concluding that the Corporeal Beast we can fight now is in his original form.

I actually don't remember how they explained it transforming into what it currently is...

I was under the impression that whenever it dies in one realm, it is resurrected in the other.

What about nomad?

Also mahjarrat are known for forming pacts with "lesser beings" if it fits their needs.

Or what about all those things you encounter during desert treasure? - Or what about the goblins after chosen commander?

And even maybe, the slug? - The stone of jordan really seems like a binding thing through runescape, and the slug is a big force that seems to be "left out" of the god thingies till now. Might actually be binded here. We beat the queen, but they seem to have a "hive" community. And like many insects a new queen is chosen when the queen dies, we didn't find a "reason" for the slug existance, so it's only normal to expect a slug to return someday.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

What about nomad?

Also mahjarrat are known for forming pacts with "lesser beings" if it fits their needs.

Or what about all those things you encounter during desert treasure? - Or what about the goblins after chosen commander?

And even maybe, the slug? - The stone of jordan really seems like a binding thing through runescape, and the slug is a big force that seems to be "left out" of the god thingies till now. Might actually be binded here. We beat the queen, but they seem to have a "hive" community. And like many insects a new queen is chosen when the queen dies, we didn't find a "reason" for the slug existance, so it's only normal to expect a slug to return someday.

We've beaten Nomad in a fight, though obviously not killed him. I don't think he'll be in the mood to form a pact with the PC. Those 'things' from DT where killed in the quest, remember? The goblins could be usefull in mass numbers (cannonfodder) but we would have to use Zanik to rally all goblins of the world to fight, which I doubt she would do considering the extremely high casualty rate.

The slugs are parasitic beings, not made to fight on themselves.

Oh and it's the Stone of Jas, not Jordan.

The Mahjarrat forming alliances with 'lesser' creatures... where did you get that from?

count_civie.png

Level 99's

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

11.jpg

What about nomad?

We've beaten Nomad in a fight, though obviously not killed him. I don't think he'll be in the mood to form a pact with the PC. Those 'things' from DT where killed in the quest, remember? The goblins could be usefull in mass numbers (cannonfodder) but we would have to use Zanik to rally all goblins of the world to fight, which I doubt she would do considering the extremely high casualty rate.

Well we "beat" him, however immediatelly after the quest came out rumors started he would actually help.

True, but I'm just rambling: all great forces are resembled in the fights from the majharrat - except the slugs.

The Mahjarrat forming alliances with 'lesser' creatures... where did you get that from?

Well from the stories of bilrach where he sided with demons, and the stories during collecting of ghostly robes. (A human was very high in command under zamorak while zamorak was still a mahjarat).

Then they came for me

What about nomad?

Well we "beat" him, however immediatelly after the quest came out rumors started he would actually help.

True, but I'm just rambling: all great forces are resembled in the fights from the majharrat - except the slugs.

Well from the stories of bilrach where he sided with demons, and the stories during collecting of ghostly robes. (A human was very high in command under zamorak while zamorak was still a mahjarat).

As far as the demons go, okay. Could you tell the name of the human though? The only one I can remember that fought 'under' Zamorak was only loosely affiliated with him, and was in it for the fights.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

11.jpg

I was under the impression that whenever it dies in one realm, it is resurrected in the other.

So the spirit beast died as whatever it was in the living world, we encounter it as the spirit beast in the spirit realm and defeat it, and it turns into the corporeal beast back on the original plane.

So that kinda goes along with that its original body could still be somewhere on the living plane.

And maybe it gets resurrected, and the signature heroes fight it.

And maybe they all get one-hit-koed like the previous heroes.

And maybe we drop a pillar on top of necrobeast, killing it and allowing everyone to forget about it and the 2nd wave of heroes.

And maybe RS quests are starting to make me a little cynical...

And I don't think JaGEx realizes that you're supposed to make action figures of the heroes before you kill them off and then you release the 2nd wave for children to beg their parents over...

2dgucz6.png

Viggora - remember him boosting about his "skills and rank in the army" quite a lot.

However the whole miniquest is about "alliances" and "who sides with who". - Just like Azzandra sides with you, as he needs you to build zaros' empire again.

Then they came for me

Zamorak is equally bound by the Edicts, though Bilrach tries to free him through the Daemonheim Rift (but we and Bilrach don't know where this Rift/Portal leads to).

Remember in one of the Morytania quests (or some other quest) there was the Zamorak and Saradomin followers trying to remove the edicts?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Remember in one of the Morytania quests (or some other quest) there was the Zamorak and Saradomin followers trying to remove the edicts?

Those where humans trying to find loopholes. I'am talking about the gods themselves.

Perhaps if a god is summoned to this plane through the actions of creatures the Edicts aren't broken.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

11.jpg