Things of the Past

Aceethan

So with the recent graphic improvement to the G.E, Jagex also revamped the appearance of the Spirit Trees, making them more older looking and less cheesy.

As I went through my farming runs, using the Spirit Trees to travel from place to place, I realized that I enjoy the corny version with the leaf mustachesmuch more then the new version and the fact that soon everything will soon be revamped is a daunting one. Does the loss of funny mustaches really change my game experience, not really. But will I still miss the talking trees that made me chuckle whenever I looked at them, yeah.

So this is a post to talk about the things in RS that got updated or removed that you miss or enjoyed particularly more then the new version of said thing.

So post away and lest us reminisce together about the things of the past.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many threads about this but I would have to say evil chicken... I miss him.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

There have been many threads about this but I would have to say evil chicken... I miss him.

Yeah, I know this is a bit of a repetitive topic, but RuneScape is constantly changing and I've felt a little nostalgic lately so i thought it should be brought back up.

P.S: I also miss the chicken as well as many other randoms that have vanished.

Maybe looking at the old spirit trees make you chuckle, but personally, they make me up-chuck.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I know the RSWIKI has a page dedicated to showing the old and new version of Graphic Updates.

Can't remember anything I miss, at least at the moment.

I miss the old mining rocks, where you could tell at a glance if they had ore or were empty. IMO demons looked much better with their long snouts, and every time i think of gnomes, either while reading a book or playing some other game, i think of the Runescape equivalent with their pointy heads.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

The day when whips were the best weapon

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I miss the Beta version of 2h swords, where you just held them like longswords.

Also, dragons and demons in their beta graphic forms felt to me to be a better design than the current ones we have now.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You know, half of the time people complain about graphics, it feels more like players are complaining about the change to something they're used to then actually disliking the new look. Or nostalgia, like this topic - I just hope people realize it's nostalgia, not that the older way looked better. The only way to get a true view on that is to ask someone looking at it for the first time which one is better.

What I miss... general store. In the pre-GE days where people would sell their items in it and you could buy stuff other players sold there. To be honest, I wish there was some way you could incorporate the old general stores while keeping the GE somehow.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I miss the old mining rocks, where you could tell at a glance if they had ore or were empty.

Indeed. If there has even been a really bad graphic update, it's this.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. The new rocks are way harder to tell whether they have ore in them, especially coal.

I miss the old mining rocks, where you could tell at a glance if they had ore or were empty.

Indeed. If there has even been a really bad graphic update, it's this.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. The new rocks are way harder to tell whether they have ore in them, especially coal.

I find it annoying also. Plus at some mining rocks the ores in the rock looks like crystals/gems, when it's completely different from what it is.

I miss the old dragon scimitar, 2H and longsword looks. I also miss the events which killed bots back in the day.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!