Aceethan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the old dragon equipment.

Unid herbs! :D

The way the logs looked like before!

The great fountain at Varrock, which was turned into a wintumber tree during christmas.

The prospect option on ore veins, or even the old blocky veins.

When the Lumbridge swamp was smaller and the Wizard Tower had a bridge with two turns in it.

The days when Falador was still grey, but all the NPCs said it was the White City.

When banks were actually busy, with people calling their bank sales.

A few good old rock golems or river trolls, together with a hard baguette from the sandwich lady and an little egg from the evil chicken, joined together with alot of bones from a wandering zombie.

Ahh, the memories!

I love the new updates then been doing the only things I miss is the

Dragon Scimitar.

The old square HP bar.

Rune long/short swords.

I like how are characters wouldn't lunge forward when we equip rune scimmys.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I agree. I think the new changes are okay. But I'd rather have to where things were 2 or 3 years ago. It's like they're changing everything I grew up to being familiar with. I saw the G.E and was just astonished. I thought that would always be the same but they have to change everything I guess sooner or later.

jhgfdfghjkjhgfdsdgfh.jpg

I agree. I think the new changes are okay. But I'd rather have to where things were 2 or 3 years ago. It's like they're changing everything I grew up to being familiar with. I saw the G.E and was just astonished. I thought that would always be the same but they have to change everything I guess sooner or later.

I remember when there was no G.E. It wasn't that long ago. There was actually a map of World 2 Falador of where to sell certain things. It was a pretty cool player-made functioning area. Everyone knew what area to sell things and you knew where to go to buy them.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The days of NO G.E. (W2 Fally/Seers, W18 Edge) and when WE made the prices of items (1k yew longs (u) = 300k; simple, rounded, even prices). I have to say that was the funnest part for me back in the day. I knew that I could get money chopping trees and having a buyer steps away at Seers. After getting such a high woodcutting level, I decided to get my first 99. Boy did I start my cash pile (and kept it!) :lol:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

before they introduced free trade :shades:

So before RS existed?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I miss the emote selection screen (along with the emotes themselves) that was just plain text. It was so much more convenient to use back then.

I don't know when, but low level full helmets and the amulet of fury seem to have changed too. I don't think they ever used to be this bulky and I kind of wish they were smaller like before (maybe pre-HD).

The old demons were quite menacing when they walked around slowly with their arms in front, although the newer ones aren't bad.

The original life point bar, chaos elemental and tztok-jad.

I miss the old mining rocks, where you could tell at a glance if they had ore or were empty.

Indeed. If there has even been a really bad graphic update, it's this.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. The new rocks are way harder to tell whether they have ore in them, especially coal.

I find it annoying also. Plus at some mining rocks the ores in the rock looks like crystals/gems, when it's completely different from what it is.

I have to jump on this train as well. The new rocks annoys me to death! It's irritating to always change the camera angle to see if the rocks have ores or not. And not to mention coal rocks in the mining guild. If you have max settings on, I always have to turn them down to actually see them. Please bring back the previous rocks! *Picks up pitchfork and a lantern*

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

I miss the old Edgeville.

Edgeville is where I spend all of my time (I never actually "Play", just stand around)...Whenever I'm online, that's where I am...And it's been ruined. Completely and utterly ruined. It's a dull and dreary place, now. Not as bright and welcoming as it once was...Thanks, Jagex.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Varrock guards... The old bronze med iron chainbody guards where a symbol of runescape to me.

unid herbs... Selling unids 1k each! (buy unid guams 300 ea sell 1k ea :thumbup:, made my first 10m that way)

Zammy pages 150k ea.

Tutorial island@@@

Purple sweets 1k each, brews at 2kish (I refuse to ever use a brew or purp sweets until they drop to these prices)

Some more I could come up with but short on time :P

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

before they introduced free trade :shades:

So before RS existed?

yes

on a serious note, the only thing I really miss are the memories themselves. It's hard to feel nostalgic when everything's different.

I kind of liked no free trade though, as it didn't really inconvenience me. Now I'm running in to scammers and beggers and lurers everywhere I go; it's ridiculous. I swear it wasn't this bad before they took free trade away. /rant

cliffside1ra5.png

on a serious note, the only thing I really miss are the memories themselves. It's hard to feel nostalgic when everything's different.

Nailed it for me, I think. The older versions of Runescape had a much more distinct feel to them that just really made it such a fresh and great game for me.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I miss the old mining rocks, where you could tell at a glance if they had ore or were empty.

Indeed. If there has even been a really bad graphic update, it's this.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. The new rocks are way harder to tell whether they have ore in them, especially coal.

I find it annoying also. Plus at some mining rocks the ores in the rock looks like crystals/gems, when it's completely different from what it is.

I have to jump on this train as well. The new rocks annoys me to death! It's irritating to always change the camera angle to see if the rocks have ores or not. And not to mention coal rocks in the mining guild. If you have max settings on, I always have to turn them down to actually see them. Please bring back the previous rocks!

Oh yes. The old rocks were so much easier to see.

*Picks up pitchfork and a lantern*

What time is the riot? :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I miss

Old scimitars, 2hs, swords... (New ones are sooo ugly)

Old NPCs

Old emotes (especially dance emote)

Old Seer's village, Varrock, Edgeville, Ardougne... Old dungeons

Tutorial island

Old rocks

Hitpoints skill

Time before GE, bank sales, old general stores

When rare dragon items were worth something

And many more. :roll:

Does anyone know how many times Reldo at Varrock Library has been updated? I know at least 4 different ways he looked like. XD

Changed too many times to be counted. I can't even miss the old versions of him because I don't see them before he changes again :blink:

i love the graphics updates to spirit trees and other trees they look nice.

grand exchange is alot better. :thumbup:

draynor is great. :thumbup:

Mortanyia and mort myre swamp look great :thumbup:

i hate edgy update.... :thumbdown:

Watching noobs run away screaming 'Help!' from evil trees/chickens... That was classic :D

As much as I love the GE, I'm always going to miss the noob days in Varrock square where shouting "selling raw chickens!" was my way of making money lmao xD