Canada

Nomrombom

You can get around without a car. Pretty much every city has buses. You don't need to know french for 90% of Canada. I would suggest staying away from Québec... Oh and try poutine if you haven't already. Also, get used to Tim Hortons'.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Poutine looks [bleep]ing delicious.

Seems Tim Hortons is like the Dunkin Donuts of Canada, right?

I haven't been to Dunkin Donuts, so I wouldn't know for sure, but if you mean the main shop for coffee and donuts (I'm pretty sure any Canadian here can testify not going to one community without a Tim Hortons in it), then yes.

j0xPu5R.png

Poutine looks [bleep]ing delicious.

Seems Tim Hortons is like the Dunkin Donuts of Canada, right?

Even more so. They're literally everywhere.

Tim Hortons is a combination in between Dunkin' Donuts, a corner store, and a church, but mass is every single morning just before work.

22031_s.gif

Good. I like rain. If I end up not moving to Canada, I'll probably go to California or Washington state.

I love Washington. Sadly, where I live, there isn't a whole lot of green. But I'm sure you'd be able to find a nice green, rainy place on the west side if things in Canada don't work out.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

There are a few Tim Horton's here in Maine, it's pretty much like a D&D.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Good. I like rain. If I end up not moving to Canada, I'll probably go to California or Washington state.

I love Washington. Sadly, where I live, there isn't a whole lot of green. But I'm sure you'd be able to find a nice green, rainy place on the west side if things in Canada don't work out.

You live on the eastside? I grew up on the westside in a small town east of Everett.

tFtfA.jpg

Last I heard, Vancouver is kinda hard to get a job and the cost of living is pretty high (especially for a decent place to live). It's got lots of really nice outdoorsy stuff though. It's pretty much America, just with less things to hate/rant about and colder weather depending on where you are. As someone who has lived on the prairies their whole life, don't come here. There is nothing to see. Also, watching Trailer Park Boys is mandatory.

On the immigration though, I'm not certain, but I'd guess it would be hard to get in if you don't have a marketable skill/education. I could be wrong though.

How old are you/what is your occupation/education?

e: Also I heard that Alberta is pretty good for finding jobs depending on the skill and such, but if you're lucky you could get a good job on the oil sands and pull in 6 figures a year