Tip.It Times - 14th August 2011

Racheya

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

[hide=Read these rules before posting in this thread]

Rampant flame wars have taken control of virtually every week's times discussion topics. The following guidelines must be followed when posting on this topic. Posts that ignore these guidelines will be removed.

1. You are invited and welcome to express like or dislike on articles and a particular author's writing style. It is not acceptable, however, to flame or personally insult an author. Posts that aren't anything but an attack will be removed from the topic.

2. Spelling and grammar errors can be reported to Racheya by PMing her and they will be fixed promptly. It is not necessary to post them on the discussion topic.

3. Off topic posts that do not discuss the content of that week's articles will be removed. This is not the place to discuss the direction of the times, how much you love or hate the times, etc. Off topic posts will be removed.

By keeping within these guidelines, Times discussion topics will mean more for the Panel and Administration than just a place for flame wars. Flame wars do not provide any useful feedback to the Times, which is mainly what we're aiming for with these topics: feedback.

This policy is effective as of now, November 17, 2010. Any posts prior to the creation of this policy may or may not be removed according to the new guidelines.

[/hide]

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Yeah so it's storming where I'm at right now and I almost had a heart attack while reading the scary story article, especially since I'm alone and a light went out while I was reading. Almost to well written :ohnoes:

First Post!

Yeah so it's storming where I'm at right now and I almost had a heart attack while reading the scary story article, especially since I'm alone and a light went out while I was reading. Almost to well written :ohnoes:

It is good, isn't it? I actually made a comment about being glad that I hadn't read it late at night when I edited it. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Whoa, what happened to Croce's article? 2 guest articles this week :/. The first article had a good concept, with a good premise to build upon. However, there's some parts of it that appear slightly repetitive, which tires the reader a bit. Factoring in the fact that it's only Missingno's second article, it's actually a very good effort at the article.

I feel the second article is written with too much bias, with much of the theme slamming at players. Some statements are very subjective too, yet the author fails to elaborate why he believes something, such as the following: "the novelty of the completionist cape has worn off." It's a good effort, but it really fails to meet the standards that the Times should have.

Gotta love the fictional though. Keep it up!

Edit - @Jona Yep, it's a great fictional. You should submit more works to the Times :)

I thought the fiction was great, and a nice departure from the last few weeks' articles. No offense to the authors, as I did enjoy reading for the most part, but it was nice to read something that wasn't about boredom and/or bots.

I'd somewhat agree - there has been such a trend of beating the deadhorse topic that it just gets frustrating to read after a while. But hey, my recent article is probably the only one I'll make about 'em, until something changes about them... maybe.

I'll personally assure that when Croce's article gets posted, that the readers shall be stunned though :).

Edit - @Jona Yep, it's a great fictional. You should submit more works to the Times :)

Are those two parts of your statement related :huh: ?

I am by chance actually writing a rather big fictional :P It will still take some time until I'm finished, though...

Are those two parts of your statement related :huh: ?

I am by chance actually writing a rather big fictional :P It will still take some time until I'm finished, though...

I forgot the 'also' in that response lol.

Edit - Sour skittles to anyone who can figure out the Easter Egg in the fictional. (Hamtaro excluded from this :o)

Very unusual fictional - loved it. I was disappointed with one part of it though - the conclusion. We don't know if it was real or not or if there is some other twisted plot :o There's some things about the article that make me think it's a bit older. Firstly the fact that he mentions level 126's as a level of authority, instead of using 138's. Also perhaps the fact that he's using windows XP. I just don't know - something about the mistery around that article enhances it - Perhaps the author wrote it awhile back and by now the mysterious figure got him, while his ghostly remains came back to submit it as anonymous.

Yeah i know, i was just day-dreaming :P

Final1.jpg

Hell that fictional was pretty damn chilling... Very good!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

How sly to run a fictional ("Run, Escape, and I will Find You") without identifying it as such. It took me a few paragraphs in to realize it was a story, but ultimately, I took it as a comedic horror piece satirically poking fun at "no-lifers", more so as it was anonymously written. "The Complain Game"-- well, others said it best. "The Little Things" was the important article IMHO, however. Why?

Because I remember quite a few of those little things. Some of them, when they were implemented, well, I just about fell out of my chair, because they were discussed HERE. Yes, HERE, and I WAS PART OF THOSE DISCUSSIONS. The bank in the Cooking Guild? I remember participating in a suggestion thread here about that. We couldn't have guessed that it be part of an Achievement/Task system, but it still happened. I laughed when salamanders and chinchompas were released as I recalled a statement of "If every noob had what they wanted, they'd be running around with flamethrowers and hand grenades"-- or something to that effect. I figure a jmod saw that and thought it was funny as hell, and decided to give us exactly that. I mean, come on, people, EVEN MY DAIRY CHURN IDEA (churn-x) GOT IMPLEMENTED TO SOME DEGREE. And my idea to let us deposit items with Peer the Seer? YES, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, JAGEX THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD. I could go on and on. I remember updating existing cities compared to putting out new areas was an idea Gugge pushed very hard for a while.

So let me say to all those punks that criticized my ideas... hey man, you got had. Jagex eventually put quite a few of them in.

The fictional piece was by far one of the best pieces of writing I've read in a while. Took me about half the article before I realized it was a fictional story, and I kept waiting for some "conclusion" but was instead left with a cliff hanger kind of feeling which was awesome. :thumbup:

Very unusual fictional - loved it. I was disappointed with one part of it though - the conclusion. We don't know if it was real or not or if there is some other twisted plot :o There's some things about the article that make me think it's a bit older. Firstly the fact that he mentions level 126's as a level of authority, instead of using 138's. Also perhaps the fact that he's using windows XP. I just don't know - something about the mistery around that article enhances it - Perhaps the author wrote it awhile back and by now the mysterious figure got him, while his ghostly remains came back to submit it as anonymous.

Yeah i know, i was just day-dreaming :P

Hey, there are still people who use XP! :) (It's simply the only stable running OS on my comp)

You're right about the 126s though :P

Overall, I think it was an excellent edition of the Tip.it Times! All three pieces were well written

Missingno makes a good point in The Little Things. One of those little updates that I noticed and greatly appreciated was making it so that when we click on the gate between Lumbridge and Al Kharid, we can now just walk right through. It used to be a pain in the butt.

The Complain Game gives some good food for thought. Perhaps we do complain too much. I know I do at times. That being said, I miss classic. I fought switching over so long that I missed the cutoff to transfer my stuff. lol

Note to Anonymous: I don't like you anymore! Not only do you know how to spell, "Anonymous," but you also scared me!! I remember when The Times published the first work of fiction. The reaction was quite different from this time. Most of it had nothing to do with the story, just the fact that it was a fiction piece. I'm glad people have come around.

Congrats to the writers and to the editorial staff for a job well done!

Rule #1 clearly states, "Do NOT confuse Newpy!"

Only 19 years to get to level 99 in something.  Mining, check.

Moving right along ... Catch me if you can! 🤣

Always buying silver ore at above GE prices!

Missingno makes a good point in The Little Things. One of those little updates that I noticed and greatly appreciated was making it so that when we click on the gate between Lumbridge and Al Kharid, we can now just walk right through. It used to be a pain in the butt.

Easily one of my favorite 'little' updates. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It's always good to hear our drunken ranting hard work is appreciated. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Wow reading that last article while lying on my bed with my laptop at 1 AM in the morning

was NOT a good idea.

Can someone hold my hand? I'm scared! :(

[hide=]VERY well written though :)[/hide]