Waterfiends are weak to crush... Rapier time!

Powerfrog

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goal of this test is to find the stab/crush def level of wfs. Slash can be tested too. After all the data has been compiled, we should be able to calculate how good any weapon is on wfs.

I meant if it affects the chances of getting a higher hit, ignoring soak, is the special based on luck (50-150, one randomly picked number, or is it based on melee accuracy? or on magic defense? Both? not «dumb rumours». I want to TEST this.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I meant if it affects the chances of getting a higher hit, ignoring soak, is the special based on luck (50-150, one randomly picked number, or is it based on melee accuracy? or on magic defense? Both? not «dumb rumours». I want to TEST this.

Test it then, but i can assure you it's dumb rumours. Runescape just doesn't work that way. It's 50-150, random. Just like every other weapon is 0-100.

CNqWHdA.jpg

As soon as Im back from holidays and not sorting out Tmht/ possible crew stuff, yes.I'll do some work on it.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• 4 months later...

So... what happened to people actually researching this? Or is it like every other time someone says they will do some form of research <_<

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

So... what happened to people actually researching this? Or is it like every other time someone says they will do some form of research <_<

Yeah, i just lost interest personally.

I do believe goliaths beat maul (and indeed rapier) though, especially in chaos tunnels where the special, which is often worse than a regular hit as it's max is below 200, effects 5+ waterfiends and thus gives out more overall damage. Can also be used in combination with deflection prayers to finish off weak waterfiends to avoid overkill.

Goliaths are a hell of a lot more DPS than maul with 100% accuracy, and waterfiends have rather low crush defense. If this experiment is going to go any further i think you'll be comparing goliaths to rapier, as maul has been outclassed.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Once you have unlocked goliaths then it only takes roughly 5 minutes to get a glove. I reckon unlocking goliath if probably quicker then getting 8- dung for maul, or 88 if it's your second chaotic weapon. Goliath is also cheaper to use as maul has 200k, or 2m cash recharge.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Goliath gloves give the best stats in the game. Unlocking them should be something you just do as a high level player. If you break it down to how many hours spent unlocking them, and how many hours of combat you're going to play runescape and try break down the time "wasted" i think you're probably not playing for the same reasons i am.

In regards to your question, if your only goal was 99 summoning from waterfiends, from scratch, it would probably be best to just use Sara Sword.

Once you unlock them, 4 minutes a glove is easily doable, gloves seem to last roughly 5 hours at CT waterfiends in my experience. It only has to be a 1.3% extra DPS for gloves to be worth it, i assume it's a lot more than this. Oli makes a good point too, each glove over maul saves you ~1m/10k tokens

CNqWHdA.jpg

I love my goliath gloves, but i use them in my gloves slot in slayer along with my chaotic weapon, i don't tend to use them on their own for my slayer task unless i get a waterfiend task, i use the goliath gloves in ancient cavern along with turmoil and ovls. I also use familiarisation and i can normally end up with over 250+ crimson charm in the 40 minutes that familiarisation is active.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Assuming the goal is 2496 total, a maul only costs 20 minutes (200k dg xp), whereas goliaths cost a lot more to unlock, since it's not a comp cape req (idk the exact time).

Assuming the goal is 2496 total, a maul only costs 20 minutes (200k dg xp), whereas goliaths cost a lot more to unlock, since it's not a comp cape req (idk the exact time).

Gloves only take like 6-7 hours to unlock. They give the best stats, so are useful for bossing/pvp. Not to mention dominion tower can be one of the best combat trainers in the game.

You're assuming the hypothetical player has a very niche goal. (wants comp cape, doesn't care about anything other than cape) When most players either don't care for the cape and ignore skills they dislike, or want to complete the game in every sense of the word, with unlocking the best gear being right at the top of the list.

Not even gonna go into the impracticality of consistently getting 600k/hour dungeoneering xp for an average 120 dunger.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Don't forget that Dominion Tower also unlocks dreadnips. I'd also take Goliaths to Forinthry to cannon Greaters, since the risk with those gloves is almost none. Also, many players want the best combat gear unlocked, and Dominion Tower goes a long way to ensure that.

How did you work out that it costs 20minute of time?

Because Meredith is using a dg/hour of 600k experience. 200k tokens would save you 1/3rd of an hour (20 minutes) if you purchased exp instead of a maul. Because a goal of 120 accumulates so many tokens, the math is done from the perspective of spending the tokens, not gathering them. It would "take" a little over 3 hours at that dg rate to gather enough tokens for a maul, if you want to look at it that way. However, if you still need tokens to buy chaotics, you are highly unlikely to be getting 600k/hour.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

• 1 month later...

Goliaths are definitly your best chaoticless performers

Common knowledge to almost everyone.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You need at least like 4 hours of each weapon for me to be interested in testing it. Not only that but you are recording charm drops (things like luck are a huge factor when recording small amounts), instead of kills/minute at the LEAST. Hit/miss would be better, but that requires thousands of hits.

553VriC.png?1