RS RWT with "Legal" RWT Games

jjjon123

The reason why Jagex hasn't increased membership costs is that they've asked themselves this: Is my game going to pull in that average 13 yr old when for the same cost, they can play something like, I dunno, WoW? Aion? Age of Conan?

The answer is no.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why Jagex hasn't increased membership costs is that they've asked themselves this: Is my game going to pull in that average 13 yr old when for the same cost, they can play something like, I dunno, WoW? Aion? Age of Conan?

The answer is no.

In that case the insentive to play RS is wrong. People should play RS over another game because they LIKE rs more than another game. Not because the costs of another game are higher. If jagex really fears this, they admit they haven't designed a game as good as the alternatives.

I play rs because it doesn't require much to start up. You can quickly play for a few minutes when you have spare time (and just let it be when you don't).

Maybe the payment should be based upon the amount of minutes spent ingame? - That way normal players are less hitted by an increase in price than bots are.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Even more reasons to let the price grow. Those who are too immature to understand that gaming costs money shouldn't be here.

But Runescape already costs money and Jagex is already making money with the set price.

Upping the price to make players leave, as you suggest, would be bordering commercial suicide.

People are willing to pay 2 to 3 times the amount of money per month for other games, because they believe they are better and the fact that other games can sustain very large playerbases, regardless of charging $10-15 per month sustain their beliefs. (That the games are better graphically etc, than Runescape).

So if Jagex were to raise the price to 2 to 3 times the current cost of monthly membership, a heckload of players would go play the other, better game.

The general population is not as attached to this game as alot of people would have us think.

Who cares let sad idiots buy cash... :angry: :angry: :angry:

And anger the entire legitimate community? Most people would not continue playing a game where that is allowed because it makes what they do legitimately feel less accomplished. And yes, its just a a game with virtual benefits but studies have shown that gaining a level in a game is just as psychologically satisfying as say making a big reception in a football (American) game.

I'm fully against this:

What should be done is increase the monthly price so bots can't sustain (ie make it around 50 euros). Using RWT simply means the more money the more you can have. And economically it means those without A BIG sum of money cna't ever compete with those who do have.

Although I agree with your point, which is why I created a thread some time ago called "How Much Would You Pay to Stop RWT/Bots?", Jagex cannot do that with Runescape. They cannot for the simple fact that they built Runescape based on the ability to enjoy a free game and a low-cost members portion that was made to sustain the costs pretty much of Jagex.

Easy to say, "it's their game, they can do what they want with it", but its more complicated than that. Based on the thread I made which was a small sample granted, but a legitimate part of the RS community here at Tip.It, most people capped their ability/desire to pay for Runescape around $15 a month. The truth is, RS is only competitive with other games in its genre because of its low cost compared to its expansive gameplay.

Can I get an A-BAN for the poster above me!?

wessan.png

Can I get an A-BAN for the poster above me!?

The person posting above you could mean it in a humorous context for all we know.

I also real world trade, every time I buy my groceries.

But even if meant as a joke, it's not really that funny :P

Based upon my preacher style sentence, it could easily be construed that I am joking as well; however, I am not because it is an account with only 16 post count, possibly pointing to an ignorance of Tip.It's intolerance of RWT on these forums.

wessan.png

Even more reasons to let the price grow. Those who are too immature to understand that gaming costs money shouldn't be here.

If I hadn't been banned for 3 days for being rude at stupid posts, I'd be extremely rude towards yours.

Let's just say that Jagex's current earnings are more than enough to cover both server hosting (which is hella cheap) and development expenses.

I suggest you do some digging up and actually find out that their costs aren't so great that they need higher fees.

Sauce

You see, there's a point where if you sacrifice acessibility for greed, you'll profit less than you used to when the fees were lower, for reasons stated previously by other posters.

It's the reason steam sales work so well, and actually carry an enormous profit.

Sauce 2

It's also part of the reason many developers blame piracy for the failure of their game, when it is a cash and carry 60$ pile of failure.

So no, rising membership prices would accomplish nothing beneficial for nobody.

And ending subscriptions due to unwarranted price rises is not "immature", it's common sense. Unless you just throw money at anybody who tries to rip you off.

crossed_body.png

Maybe the payment should be based upon the amount of minutes spent ingame? - That way normal players are less hitted by an increase in price than bots are.

Is this a joke?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Based upon my preacher style sentence, it could easily be construed that I am joking as well; however, I am not because it is an account with only 16 post count, possibly pointing to an ignorance of Tip.It's intolerance of RWT on these forums.

Fortunately I believe the administration isn't care-free enough to ban somebody, based upon a single statement and the fact that the poster has a low post-count.

Besides, if one is ignorant of the rules on tip.it they should be advised of them and given another chance, especially as a new user.

dont u just have to pay once to play tf2?

im sure after they get their money they dont care what u do with the items in-game.

i think jagex should view it the same way.

TF2 is free to play.

omg i think ima play it haha. i always thought u had to pay so i never bothered with it

I like getting hard when I PK

Is this a joke?

No is it so weird to pay for the time actually spent playing?

Many amusement parks/swimpools use this: you check in when you start and check out when you leave, paying only for the minutes inside.

Then they came for me

Is this a joke?

Many amusement parks/swimpools use this: you check in when you start and check out when you leave, paying only for the minutes inside.

You're comparing two completely different things.

[hide]

[/hide]

Amusement is amusement.

But really who said the price had to that "high" - maybe consider 8 hours playing daily the "average" - that means 5,- for 250 hours of playtime? The idea is that bots would have to pay two/three times the average runescaper does. Also it is much more fair: if you don't play a lot (say 1 hour daily, maybe only in weekends), you don't have to pay for those who do.

Then they came for me

Is this a joke?

That is to counter overcrowding.

If anything, Jagex wants more and more people online at any given time, since it means more potential customers. Very few will start playing RS with buying membership.

If you make people pay by the hour or minute, they will get the feeling of having to accomplish something all the time, ultimately stressing out little kids and people will stop playing.

Computer games are meant to be played for relaxation.

Also, hackers would just leave accounts logged in to troll people and that would cause extra confusion and trouble on Jagex' behalf, most likely they would have to refund a buttload of money.

Is this a joke?

If anything, Jagex wants more and more people online at any given time, since it means more potential customers. Very few will start playing RS with buying membership.

If you make people pay by the hour or minute, they will get the feeling of having to accomplish something all the time, ultimately stressing out little kids and people will stop playing.

Also, hackers would just leave accounts logged in to troll people and that would cause extra confusion and trouble on Jagex' behalf, most likely they would have to refund a buttload of money.

The combination of stress from checking whether I payed too much, or didn't get the maximum per hour (like what happens during a BXPW, where you are stressed over not getting the max experience for your highest multiplier) and the possibility that hackers could leave you logged in and over-charge you makes this kind of feature dead before it gets off the ground.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Is this a joke?

The combination of stress from checking whether I payed too much, or didn't get the maximum per hour (like what happens during a BXPW, where you are stressed over not getting the max experience for your highest multiplier) and the possibility that hackers could leave you logged in and over-charge you makes this kind of feature dead before it gets off the ground.

Which is why I am about to PM pulli and ask him who is dealer is. Seems like he's smoking something pretty heavy duty.

No I'm open minded, I don't rule out any option.. And I believe that when checking at the absolutes you can find the best solution.

Then they came for me

Simple bot fix, you have a device connected to the computer & your arm and it tests your blood to make sure you are human. If your not it kicks the account.

/end genius

Lol

[hide]

[/hide]