Money

aeternitatis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth is Michele Bachmann possibly responsible for a recession?

Because she was one of the dumb [bleep]es who held up the Debt Ceiling debate for political gain.

Or possibly because she was elected on a platform she would have had to break. I actually like when politicians try to keep their promises, even if their promises are stupid :thumbup:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm somewhat sickened by how so many kids want to be doctors and lawyers just because of the pay.

I don't understand why that sickens you? I do enjoy law, but I enjoy other areas more (history, music) but realistically I wouldn't be able to do much with them when I finish my study. While the money starting out in

As I mentioned before, I lived in a very poor country where doctors got paid very little. Compared to the business-like structure of hospitals here in the US where doctors aim to prescribe the most expensive, non-generic medicines to get the most money, the doctors there were surprisingly caring, knowledgeable and dedicated to their work. You can't buy some traits. If I knew somebody who went to law school just for the money, I would never hire them because their primary motivation isn't to seek justice.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

I'm somewhat sickened by how so many kids want to be doctors and lawyers just because of the pay.

I don't understand why that sickens you? I do enjoy law, but I enjoy other areas more (history, music) but realistically I wouldn't be able to do much with them when I finish my study. While the money starting out in

As I mentioned before, I lived in a very poor country where doctors got paid very little. Compared to the business-like structure of hospitals here in the US where doctors aim to prescribe the most expensive, non-generic medicines to get the most money, the doctors there were surprisingly caring, knowledgeable and dedicated to their work. You can't buy some traits. If I knew somebody who went to law school just for the money, I would never hire them because their primary motivation isn't to seek justice.

Lawyers who seek justice. LOL what a laugh.

How can you possibly claim to know all doctors prescribe the most expensive medicines possible just to get money?

polvCwJ.gif

How can you possibly claim to know all doctors prescribe the most expensive medicines possible just to get money?

Considering this is a respectful discussion, I really don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. I never said all do, but it's a very common practice to prescribe name brand drugs rather than just-as-effective generics. The doctors that tend to do this aren't bad doctors per say, but they don't put the patient first. They don't bother to spend time researching the types of drugs they can prescribe and instead fall back on the big names. These kind of doctors are also vulnerable to the [cabbage]load of swag and propaganda that pharmaceutical companies pitch at them. There's a reason why some pharmaceutical companies spend more on marketing than on R&D.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

Yes, and I'm asking for your source on that. "common knowledge" is not good enough.

If you're going to imply causality like that you should be prepared to prove it.

polvCwJ.gif

@obfuscator;

The Tea Party faction of the Republican Party is solely responsible for the shoddiness of the debt-ceiling deal of Aug 2nd.

Michele Bachmann is the de facto Tea Party leader; she is one of their key ideologues, she set up the Tea Party caucus, she is essentially the Tea Party candidate for the GOP Presidential nomination. She politicised what was originally a grassroots movement. All the problems caused by this Tea Party can be traced to her.

I think that this might also explain a lot of what is wrong with the woman, politically and mentally. If I were American, I'd be very ashamed that she won the (admittedly pointless) Iowa straw poll. (She's doing this on the anniversary of his death, by the way).

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

@obfuscator;

The Tea Party faction of the Republican Party is solely responsible for the shoddiness of the debt-ceiling deal of Aug 2nd.

Not true. To say they were somewhat to blame would be accurate, but America's debt problem owes its roots to many unwise governments.

Michele Bachmann is the de facto Tea Party leader; she is one of their key ideologues, she set up the Tea Party caucus, she is essentially the Tea Party candidate for the GOP Presidential nomination. She politicised what was originally a grassroots movement. All the problems caused by this Tea Party can be traced to her.

I believe you're thinking of Sarah Palin - the tea party movement existed long before she(bachmann) had any prominence.

polvCwJ.gif

@obfuscator;

Not true. To say they were somewhat to blame would be accurate, but America's debt problem owes its roots to many unwise governments.

I believe you're thinking of Sarah Palin - the tea party movement existed long before she(bachmann) had any prominence.

I believe you're drifting away from the original question. This is not a discussion on who did or did not, may or may not, cause the next recession.

Well, actually, the topic is about money - so that train of thought is relevant.

But Croc, if you want to continue the discussion, you can make a new thread, I was thinking of creating a thread about government debt anyway.

polvCwJ.gif

I will create a separate thread at some point - it's certainly a discussion worth having.

Just for the record, trust me I was referring to Bachmann. Palin's just a media personality these days. ;)

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

• 2 weeks later...

I withdrew $3300 from my bank account today (in cash). I withdraw all but $900 every so often and keep it in a safe in my house. Don't ask me why, I just do.

So it was a bit weird answering the clerks casual questions: "So, are you going to buy a car?" "Erm... yah, that's it."

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I withdrew $3300 from my bank account today (in cash). I withdraw all but $900 every so often and keep it in a safe in my house. Don't ask me why, I just do.

So it was a bit weird answering the clerks casual questions: "So, are you going to buy a car?" "Erm... yah, that's it."

My friend named Giordano lost his house 'cos of you [bleep]s, [bleep] you!

...is what you should of said. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My friend named Giordano lost his house 'cos of you [bleep]s, [bleep] you!

...is what you should of said. :razz:

The clerk probably would've said, "Giordano. Is that a French name? Oh, and please rate me a "5" for the service you received today!"

To which I would've said, "Fool" and then given her the good 'ol bird for ya. :thumbup:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The clerk probably would've said, "Giordano. Is that a French name? Oh, and please rate me a "5" for the service you received today!"

To which I would've said, "Fool" and then given her the good 'ol bird for ya. :thumbup:

I wouldn't of used that f-word, but the next event is all good. :thumbup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg