17-Aug-2011 - Temple Trekking: Revamped

Tim

The only good thing about the update was

Finally, familiars no longer need to be dismissed when entering the Grand Exchange. Instead, they will be hidden until you leave the area. The familiars timer will also pause while youre in the area.

Otherwise, nice try Jagex

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible if you do 1/2 the event(1 of 2 vyrewatches) or by going at the start point, choosing the same companion then resuming the trekk.There's a change you'll get a different event.

Ghasts become visible/attackable if your companion hits them.

Can claim multiple construction items(have 5 boots at the moment).

Isn't there a boat to evade from?

Staurolite.png

The only good thing about the update was

Finally, familiars no longer need to be dismissed when entering the Grand Exchange. Instead, they will be hidden until you leave the area. The familiars timer will also pause while youre in the area.

Otherwise, nice try Jagex

Wait what? If the familiar is "hidden" and the timer on it is "paused", can you still bank the contents of your "BoB" while in the GE? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

It's possible if you do 1/2 the event(1 of 2 vyrewatches) or by going at the start point, choosing the same companion then resuming the trekk.There's a change you'll get a different event.

Ghasts become visible/attackable if your companion hits them.

Can claim multiple construction items(have 5 boots at the moment).

Isn't there a boat to evade from?

Game won't let you.You have to do atleast 1/2 of the event to evade or you can restart the run then choose resume(companion will tell you if you want to resume the trekk).

Don't give your companion too much food.Better to use the food on him when hp gets low, otherwise you lose the "stocked" food in that companion.

Leveling them seems to get a lot slower at around 55.

Just got Pazuzu to level 60. Anyone know if tanking for them is faster then normal trekking at that level?

Just got Pazuzu to level 60. Anyone know if tanking for them is faster then normal trekking at that level?

Pazuzu will speed up as soon as you get to 75 for firewave/sol, Dean was very fast to higher levels once you got him to whip/bandos (he's the fastest to level though) :P

The slowest overall to level is Smiddi Ryak.

Also when you unlock the max ability for your hero eg whip. you get a hint of what the path will lead to ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Pazuzu will speed up as soon as you get to 75 for firewave/sol, Dean was very fast to higher levels once you got him to whip/bandos (he's the fastest to level though) :P

The slowest overall to level is Smiddi Ryak.

Also when you unlock the max ability for your hero eg whip. you get a hint of what the path will lead to ;)

Alright. I assume they all speed up once you unlock their best moves/items.

8508367.png

Jayene with her trusty Dark bow 8)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I think Rolayne Twickit will be the slowest to level, seeing as you can't really tank him to level 99.

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

level75.png

I'll power level now she has ahrims, then it's starting the mediums on both I left them at around level 30 dean is maxed now so on the way back I'm already working on the first med one.

New Magic trees (Source Coduron HLF)

642e75d47ee1e41174f9f382ab628914.png

Looks more like those cursed mage trees from Spirit of Summer, or maybe plantable Elder trees.

...unless thats actually what mage trees look like now.

Popoto.~<3

Familiars at the GE. Best update ever!

This.

The new trekking is really good!

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

New Magic trees (Source Coduron HLF)

642e75d47ee1e41174f9f382ab628914.png

Looks more like those cursed mage trees from Spirit of Summer, or maybe plantable Elder trees.

...unless thats actually what mage trees look like now.

Thats what they look like now.

Leveling the companions is mighty addictive, I can see myself easily leveling 'em all to 99.

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

So what's the fastest way to level them up?

What path?

Tanking and letting them kill?

Rushing through easy?

Tanking so they can kill give best leveling rate to them.

Rangers and mages you can even block for so zero damage to the follower.

In terms of keeping them alive I found 1 - ~30-40 is best done on easy then ~30-40+ medium.

I've not got there yet but I'm guessing around 70 - 80 region hards become feasible

Though all these do rely no your ability to tank the damage

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Much love,

Sorry you think this update isn't of any worth for you, I hope you give it some more time or saw the original to see how much streamlining/gameplay improvements were made.

The rewards are similar it is true, but rather than being completely random you now have choice over what you pick. Not only this, the reward amounts have all be changed to re-invest the time you've spent (and the herbs have a new structure where red gives less but FAR better herb quality). Aside from this the XP remains the same and tomes random. But given you can now chose the reward it pays off more for a short-timed trek.

The 2 new events were to balanced out how many combat events there were before. I hoped they'd be a bit of fun, being a human water cannon or rounding up 20 skeletons for the 1 shot KO! All of the events have been revisited in someway, subtle gameplay tweaks or new things added (like saving the NPC's in Mort'ton for heal/prayer restoration).

I'm glad to hear you enjoy the NPC leveling, I really wanted that in to join you to the trekker a bit more and it feels really "RuneScapey" to see the ol' fireworks.

-Chris:

P.S/Offtopic:

You're point on damage soaking was a design decision I was asked not to implement given the power/effects of those items.

Nex did have the drops made more common, that doesn't mean they are too common, it just means people are using the content so the items come into the game (like we initially intended).

Loyalty points - I only implemented a few Auras as requested, sorry if you don't like the system.

WTL, glad you like it and I'm looking forward to the next elf quest as I'll finally get the big GFX budget it needs I hope! As for ROTM, I'm helping Paul as organising a ritual turned into 2 man job it seems

[qfc]15-16-715-63111627[/qfc]

Some comments from Mod Chris L.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

So what's the fastest way to level them up?

What path?

Tanking and letting them kill?

Rushing through easy?

Tanking so they can kill give best leveling rate to them.

Rangers and mages you can even block for so zero damage to the follower.

In terms of keeping them alive I found 1 - ~30-40 is best done on easy then ~30-40+ medium.

I've not got there yet but I'm guessing around 70 - 80 region hards become feasible

Though all these do rely no your ability to tank the damage

You can tank for all, bring a weapon that hits fast say knives... and hit the meleer first such as Talon beast.

Aslong as you're witihn melee distance of the NPC (one you're levelling) they opposing monsters will always hit you.

Rare case scenario if the monster is locked on the NPC kill it so it's zero risk and leave the ones on you to be killed.

New temple trekking sounds really fun :D can't wait to get back tomorrow and check it all out for myself :)

Also finally getting lumberjack can't be a bad thing if I get that too! :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!