Refer a Friend Programme - 18 Aug 2011

PoorLepRecon

[qfc]15-16-342-63114921[/qfc]

17-Aug-2011 - Refer a Friend to Receive an XP Boost!

RuneScape can be great fun to play with others, whether you’re starting a clan, aiming for a skill milestone or taking on a boss. So, to help with this, you can now invite your friends to join you in RuneScape and we’ll offer them items and extra XP, with the possibility that you could earn an XP multiplier too!

All you need to do is Refer A Friend through our programme and, if your friend subscribes within two weeks of joining, you’ll receive a 10% XP boost for one week. You can receive up to five of these boosts in a year, so it is a great way for you to level up on those harder to attain skills.

Also, to help your friend when they start out, and get them closer to your own levels, they will receive a x2 XP multiplier to any skills they train in their first seven days of playing. So, this gives them the opportunity to rise up combat levels quickly as they fight against creatures of RuneScape, or reap the benefits when practising other skills. The x2 multiplier cannot be used to take a skill beyond level 30.

You may only refer someone using the Refer A Friend programme if they create a new account that has not played RuneScape previously.

You and your friend will be automatically added to each other’s friends list, and your friend will receive a special cracker which they’ll need to pull in order to receive a special starter pack of weapons, armour, cake and coins.

There are no limits on the skills that these multipliers can be used on. For full details of how the XP boosts work, please see here.

To start referring your friends now, please visit the Refer A Friend link in the Account Menu. For more information on the programme take a look at the FAQ below.

Mod Nexus

RuneScape Product Manager

The FAQ

What is the Refer A Friend programme?

Mod Nexus: A lot of our players found RuneScape through word of mouth, so why not use this optional programme to invite your friends, help them get started on their adventures and unlock some benefits for yourself.

Can I refer an existing player?

Mod Nexus: This promotion is only valid for new accounts that are created after the Refer A Friend programme has been launched.

Can I refer myself?

Mod Nexus: You could refer yourself if you wanted to create a second account as a pure or hybrid character for example. However, your main account would not receive the 10% boost unless that account subscribed as well.

Can I refer a friend who has played other Jagex products?

Mod Nexus: Yes, as long as they create a new RuneScape account.

What happens if I remove my referred friend from my friends list?

Mod Nexus: This will not affect any multipliers you may earn or have already unlocked, it’ll simply remove them from your friends list.

How do I know if my friend has been referred or if they’ve subscribed?

Mod Nexus: We’ll keep you informed of any key events such as when you’re friend has made an account through to when you can activate your bonus XP. You can also check your Referral history when logging into the Refer A Friend page to see past referrals and other useful info.

What is in the cracker and how does my friend use it?

Mod Nexus: The cracker (not the one with party hats inside) will be given to your friend upon creating an account. Your friend will be added to your friends list, so meet them in-game and help them pull the cracker! It contains a few useful items to help a new player get started, from existing weapons and armour to 500 coins of ‘spending’ money, and a bit of cake. Everyone loves cake!

How does the 100% XP boost for my friend work?

Mod Nexus: The new account can earn a 100% XP boost in all skills up to level 30 for the first 7 days from the moment the account logs in. This is to help new players “catch up” to their friends and allows them to access a greater variety of the early game content and quests slightly faster than normal.

How does the 7 day Bonus XP for me work?

Mod Nexus: If a friend that you’ve referred through the programme subscribes within 14 days of creating their account, you’ll unlock access to a 10% XP boost that lasts for 7 days that you can use at any time. You can save these up (to a maximum of 5 at a time) and choose when to activate it to suit your skilling needs (up to 5 per year from the first boost activated).

Does the boost multiplier show on my XP globe?

Mod Nexus: The XP bonus shows on the XP drop down interface, so you should be able to see the extra XP you’re earning.

How can I check the duration of my XP boost?

Mod Nexus: You can see the history of any boosts used when logged into the Refer A Friend page. You will be able to work out how long you’ve got left if you’ve activated one recently.

Can I activate more than one of my 7 day boosts at a time?

Mod Nexus: You can activate more than 1 at a time, however, this will just increase the duration from 7 to 14 days etc.

Do the various XP Boosts stack with Bonus XP weekends?

Mod Nexus: The 7 day 10% XP boost will not “stack” or “multiply” with the benefits of a Bonus XP weekend (as the effect from the latter is always greater or equal to 10%). Your friend however will benefit from whichever multiplier is greater of the two effects. For example, the 100% boost will take precedence over the Bonus XP weekend when it would naturally drop below the 2.0x multiplier. Don’t worry though, we’ll let you know about any future Bonus XP weekends more than 7 days in advance so you can ensure they don’t overlap.

Sounds a lot like WoW if you ask me...

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is beyond weak. People are only going to abuse it, and fundamentally it's not fun. Some of the best times in the game are to be had training your initial levels, getting your first equipment, and discovering the world, please leave that alone!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Refer a friend, get an xp boost.

Nice going Jagex.

But tbh the first couple of levels are the most painful anyway so I guess it could also be a good move.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

"Jimmy, here's 5$, go buy membership and play rs for a minute okay."

"Why?"

"JUST DO IT JIMMY"

So for 35$ a year, you can receive 5 weeks worth of a 10% exp increase. Just over 10% of the year. Massive long-term effects? Not really. But from the hardcore addicts that's an additional 35$ per year on top of the 72$ they already pay.

I think I learned from the last time these small updates happened (ornate katana) not to freak out but I have to really resist the urge to shout, 'Called it!'

Now I'll go mope and play temple trekking.

hzvjpwS.gif

Please tell me this is a joke. How greedy and pathetic can they get? What's next? Buy a membership, get a free Big Mac?

Tbh that's not a bad deal, I'd honestly take them up on that offer.

Refer a friend, get an xp boost.

Nice going Jagex.

But tbh the first couple of levels are the most painful anyway so I guess it could also be a good move.

If it's so painful then introduce starter classes where what you pick during the character creation will have +10 to a related skill instead of having the options be mere salad dressing.

EDIT:

I think I learned from the last time these small updates happened (ornate katana) not to freak out but I have to really resist the urge to shout, 'Called it!'

Hah, yes.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

"Jimmy, here's 5$, go buy membership and play rs for a minute okay."

"Why?"

"JUST DO IT JIMMY"

So for 35$ a year, you can receive 5 weeks worth of a 10% exp increase. Just over 10% of the year. Massive long-term effects? Not really. But from the hardcore addicts that's an additional 35$ per year on top of the 72$ they already pay.

Now I'll go mope and play temple trekking.

You "only" get to use 5 of these a year, so actually that's $25, not $35.

I like the way the FAQ neatly answers the following question:

Can I refer myself?

Mod Nexus: You could refer yourself if you wanted to create a second account as a pure or hybrid character for example. However, your main account would not receive the 10% boost unless that account subscribed as well.

Seriously disgusting.

EDIT : So, is Tip.It going to write a guide describing this new game feature?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.