Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

Update 7

Details are spotty as jagex has censored mostly everything but the mod is "ken genosis" and was demodded for speaking out against jagex for removing f2p hiscores earlier today. His thread is gone and all discussion removed...as usual of the jagex censor team.

Jagex is cracking down hard right now - every thread on ken's demodding is being killed. If you happen across one, be sure to savor it, because the jagex censors are hard at work.

Here's the thread in question, unhidden now..but for how long? Update: yup, as expected, all trace of the thread has been deleted. Ken genosis was never a mod and never criticized jagex. Way to go, thought police.

16-17-712-63379987

Also, original (already censored) thread

16-17-616-63378168

Mod Jon H

Jagex Mod 16-Nov-2011 10:35:16

Last edited on 16-Nov-2011 10:36:48 by Mod Jon H

Hi Ken,

Genuinely sorry to see that you feel this way.

I believe you should have an inbox message from Mod Stevew concerning your status as a former member of the volunteer moderator team - I won't go into any more detail than that here on the public forums.

I've removed your opening posts on this thread. You are clearly entitled to those opinions and you may repost them on a new thread if you wish. However, my CM colleagues and I feel that leaving them visible with a green background would add undue pressure on to the remaining members of the Forum Moderator team, who volunteer their time to help and support the community on the forums. As you know, we do provide extra tools to the volunteers to allow them to raise any concerns they may have directly with us.

All the best,

-JH

Update 6

Jiblix on f2p hiscore removal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sg3vEPZsZE

Update 5

Jiblix is returning to RS from his short quit after the botting update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Zzx0zX2qc

Update 4

The results are in and jagex lost to not only LoL (somewhat expected) but some random game called world of tanks, placing *3rd*.

good job jiblix, I hope jagex finally gets your message.

And now on rsof, we're coming full circle with jagex cracking down again...this time on threads discussing gja results.

Lol....tanks..lol...

--------------

Jagex is doing a communist style censor crackdown on RSOF on this topic. TIF mods: please keep TIF a free and open platform!

Well, I'm sorry if I'm a few days late - but I just found out about this. Jiblix, a forum mod, was de-modded for posting this video.

This really is quite an outrage. He took honest, unedited, REAL footage of RS. This is the REAL RuneScape, and yet Jagex silences him for it - and not only this, cracks down on all discussions of this. Jiblix is a fellow poster here on TIF - he has also made other great anti-bot videos - check out his channels.

If you support his message, please join the movement to vote AGAINST Jagex in the Golden Joysticks. This year, they truly do NOT deserve to call themselves the best free MMO.

For telling the TRUTH, Jiblix you have earned my respect and I hope many others in RS communities everywhere.

update - jiblix 'last thread' and mmg response

http://forum.tip.it/topic/300179-jiblix-demodding-and-golden-joystick-voting/page__view__findpost__p__5022655

update 2 - Jiblix has quit RS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIbBhvFZzA

Date: September 24th, 2011

Time: Forum Time: 19:00 Forum Time (7:00 P.M UK time , 1 P.M Central Time, etc...)

Where: World 11 (F2P world) @ Lumbridge

Clan Chat: Jiblix

Quick find code: 199-200-232-63217305

update 3

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSOF is worse than ever before now. Because of the reactions to both this and the referral program, it's as if Rants has reincarnated itself as a giant explosive pile of filth covering and saturating even the areas that still held legitimate topics and discussion.

... And there are now ASCII penises.

Some, I believe on these forums, have expressed the sentiment that JaGEx is like a group of looters trying to grab every object of value from a building before it burns to the ground (perhaps during the riots in the country they're based out of, if that helps it hit home).

Which is why I've resigned myself to just trying to glean whatever enjoyment is left and forgetting about JaGEx as any kind of entity that can be communicated with, which I guess I should've done long ago.

2dgucz6.png

Support. Jagex doesn't get to tell me what I can and can not say about them.

Let me just first off say thanks to the community for the overwhelming amount of support they have given to me time in and time out.

As for the whole moderator fiasco, the question that needs to be asked is what does Jagex expect from their forum moderators? For over 2 years I’ve spent a lot of my time on the forums and with the community trying to make it a better environment. I was actually at one point given a big ticket (free trip to Jagex/RuneFest 2010) not because I won a competition or a raffle draw, but for being considered as an outstanding moderator by Jagex. What happened? I’m still the fun, loving, and caring noob that I’ve always been. That hasn’t changed -- what has is Jagex.

New management has taken over, and so far we’ve seen a lot of dissatisfaction from the community (players, p and f mods, etc..). If there was actually one group of players that was deeply dissatisfied with the direction of the company, it was the forum moderators. On a daily basis I would read through threads and try to understand why people are so dissatisfied with the service that Jagex gives. These are people that have been playing RuneScape for years. As a player myself, I can relate to the frustrations that a lot of players share. I’m a problem solver by heart, but in my position there is very little I could do. I can’t change how a company operates, but I can (and have) tried on several occasions to give feedback on these sorts of problems.

Jiblix

Highlight

View in thread

17-Aug-2011 06:25:11

As for the whole "player first, mod second" st00f...

Being a forum moderator is a volunteer role. It shouldn’t make a difference what color your post is (unless gold – then you have to represent Jagex). In a way, I felt restricted because I couldn’t say the things that really bothered me publicly -- none of us could. These aren’t the like troll or rants threads, but more so threads written like this. Very constructive, yet negative, threads, but posted by fmods. Not too long ago I had actually started drafting a thread with over a dozen fmods (outside of the game) to try and voice our concerns as a group publicly in regards to the ever-growing dissatisfaction towards upper management. It really was difficult to write such a thread without it being perceived as an attack on Jagex (we did*’t want that at all). It was later scraped and I just took the core ideas of that thread and wrote it without worrying about what to say or how to say it. What became of the thread? Well… You’re reading it right now.

So ask yourself -- why would someone in my position who was viewed as a shining star by Jagex act this way? I never did these things for myself; it was honestly all done for the community. A lot of us do care that the community is unhappy. And we want to see things change for the better.

Unfortunately, I guess at this moment in time I’m doubtful things will ever change. Soon this will happen, soon that will happen.

Jiblix

Highlight

View in thread

17-Aug-2011 06:25:22

On a final note I just want to set the record straight. I never told anybody to vote for or against Jagex in the Golden Joystick Awards, I only asked people to think about what their vote means. As for discouraging players to not for Jagex, I did*’t do that either; their actions as a company did that – I just happened to be at the right place at the right time with my orb of oculus.

I care (and still care) for the community, despite the color of some post background or a crown. Sometimes you have to put it all on the line to get your point across.

Posts from Jiblix, if curious.

I think it had less to do with the bot videos, and more to do with allegedly encouraging people not to vote for Jagex in the Golden Joystick awards. I don't see how he was encouraging anyone; he merely gave his opinion at the end of the video and twice in the General forum thread.

In either event, this is a foolish move. Current moderators will see this and realize their voice is being stifled, and future players won't want to become moderators lest they lose the freedom to give their opinion.

But hey - to be honest, if the award really means all that much to Jagex, if they want to have it at the cost of what's left of their supportive, benefit-of-the-doubt community, then let them have it already. Then they can finally stop pretending to give a damn.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

it won't help not to vote on them, they don't achieve much with it. What would help is a massive unsubscriping, but I don't think it will be massive enough for jagex (we just have to see what happens). But I think these are just teasers and we have to prepare ourselfs to the worse.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

it won't help not to vote on them, they don't achieve much with it. What would help is a massive unsubscriping, but I don't think it will be massive enough for jagex (we just have to see what happens). But I think these are just teasers and we have to prepare ourselfs to the worse.

Have fun you will be back in 2 weeks lol

Lol i never said I will be unsubscriping (sorry forgot to mention it in the post) but I guess that if to many people quit they will at least think of deleting the refer thing, because I think they are just doing it for the money and if people are quiting they will get less money then they would get from the refer thing.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

People aren't actually going to do that though...

The video is quite shocking and the demodding of the player is a bit disturbing, even if I can understand why Jagex did it. They don't need more negative rep than what they already pile on themselves and what's a few users compared to the prestige of being able to say they won the award (again).

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

People aren't actually going to do that though...

The video is quite shocking and the demodding of the player is a bit disturbing, even if I can understand why Jagex did it. They don't need more negative rep than what they already pile on themselves and what's a few users compared to the prestige of being able to say they won the award (again).

The only problem with the negative rep is it's entirely Jagex's fault. It was only highlighted by someone that was a moderator. If someone without moderator status did something like this, I doubt anyone would raise a fuss.

But...but...if they won the award, then most of the people that really supported Jagex through thick and thin (and still does today) would leave in disgust. It'd be really tough to get that level of trust back, even with new money players replacing that.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

I know it's their fault, they've been screwing with the game for a long time and now they don't want to admit it to themselves.

And nobody is going to leave if they win. I didn't pay attention the last time they won and I won't if they do so this time. You forget that a majority of players won't be aware of this video or even of what Jagex has been doing to the game. Because we're higher levelled than average and we're on these forums we're far more keenly aware than most players of what Jagex are doing and the effect it is having on the game.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

...And nobody is going to leave if they win. I didn't pay attention the last time they won and I won't if they do so this time. You forget that a majority of players won't be aware of this video or even of what Jagex has been doing to the game. Because we're higher levelled than average and we're on these forums we're far more keenly aware than most players of what Jagex are doing and the effect it is having on the game.

Well, no. I don't expect a stampede if Jagex does win. However, I disagree with your other sentiment; there's going to be a lot of [read: enough] people that know about this video come Monday.

The video's already somewhere close to 50,000 views; assuming that every 0.75 views = 1 unique view, we can say then that ~38,000 people have seen the video. Assuming that out of 220,000 people (the average number of "people" online), 60% of them view it, that's only ~132,000 players. With the numbers I came up with, that would imply that 28% of the 60% would have already watched this. And this video was posted four days ago. It'll only get more views from there, as this whole issue goes viral.

Then again they don't need to watch the video to see what's going on; it's pretty self evident.

s1L0U.jpg

Honestly jagex don't deserve to win, they're nominated for best free to play game and the f2p is completely trash atm, bots and autotypers everywhere. And the trailer they are using to encourage people to vote is of clan citadels, members content. I voted for league of legends, I have no respect for jagex any more and the sad thing is they probably will win again not because theyre the best but because they put an announcement up encouraging people to vote for them

Bbk.png

Player mods don't offer a single thing to the game so I don't see the big deal about demodding.

The video doesn't really show much if you walk around RuneScape you can see it for yourself ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Player mods don't offer a single thing to the game so I don't see the big deal about demodding.

The video doesn't really show much if you walk around RuneScape you can see it for yourself ;)

they help with the bot busting event, a key technique in the reduction of users who macro.

they help with the bot busting event, a key technique in the reduction of users who macro.

I really don't know if that's sarcasm or not :P

Honestly it's just another status symbol, if people who are player mods say they offer more to a game than any other player I get a small laugh out of it because there was a time before player mods which I believe they were rolled out in june 2004 with special attacks? and honestly the community was better back then not that they're the cause just players want a crown so they report their own friends.. suck up to Jagex Mods for it.

A lot of mods actually will suck up to try and get reviewed for mods not naming names but I remember Jiblix getting mod, dual-mod and it was a status getting forum mod and player mod first level 3 skiller with it... was all about making a name for himself and now a viral video to go with it.

I had him added for a while and it was last year in May or so and was his 99 farming, (he accidentally got mage xp in dungeoneering on the power crystals for the colour-lights puzzle.) I said "I'm in a dungeon" I was expected to quit for a 99 party, "Dungeoneering is more important than your friends?", I don't attend 99 partys... and I don't want to be yet another green dot on a huge minimap of players because apparently big partys are better.

It's very much a case of not what you know it's who you know I believe through knowing poppy he got a VIP invite to Jagex, and even his 99 pictures posted on the RuneScape facebook, talk about what status does to you in this game :)

Forums mods are a huge annoyance in the game, they have Community Management for a reason do they not shouldn't they be coming in game and on the forums to deal with those issues.

/rant over on player mods and forum mods.

I haven't played much Runescape lately, one of the reasons is because of the lack of good updates like the newly released Temple Trekking Revamp, also because of the lack of good story quests.

Although I voted to return free trade, there are still parts of me that feel that that is one of the reasons I have the feel to quit. I mean, with the amount of bots around the game has just lost it's spark.

You can't go anywhere anymore and not see a bot.

Even though the mod who posted that video got demoted I am glad someone had the courage to make a video like that.

The last two times I have voted for Runescape for the Golden Joystick award. But this time, I just can't do it.

I haven't played much Runescape lately, one of the reasons is because of the lack of good updates like the newly released Temple Trekking Revamp, also because of the lack of good story quests.

Although I voted to return free trade, there are still parts of me that feel that that is one of the reasons I have the feel to quit. I mean, with the amount of bots around the game has just lost it's spark.

You can't go anywhere anymore and not see a bot.

Even though the mod who posted that video got demoted I am glad someone had the courage to make a video like that.

The last two times I have voted for Runescape for the Golden Joystick award. But this time, I just can't do it.

I made a video like that just not 8 minutes :P there's plenty of videos like that it's hardly a gap in the market just that has gone viral ;)

I agree with lack of content, I wonder what Jagex as a company long-term and short-term goals are now as a company. Interesting to see what happens with their game now especially with Andrew not having a big say in that the development of the game anymore, to investors I dont even see why they'd ban bots if it's making enough money for them.

i would think that if the number of hits were declining the would just get runescape back to the way it was...

its a shame, especially considering just got want ive always wanted. leaves me wondering what ill do without rs,

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

i would think that if the number of hits were declining the would just get runescape back to the way it was...

its a shame, especially considering just got want ive always wanted. leaves me wondering what ill do without rs,

This. Jamflex are pissing me off at the moment. Tempted to take a bike ride over to HQ and show them....

If I record the event, might help out with this some more.

Anyone have questions they want me to ask?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

there have been several updates before that erupted into rioting/spamming etc (that i remember), but not quite to this extent. jiblex's botting vid went from ~23k views this morning, to 52k views currently. the rsof thread announcing the update is nearing 900 pages of raging, denouncing, flaming, and spamming.

now we get to see if this dies down over the next couple days, or if it continues.

if this doesnt provoke a clear response from jagex, im not sure what would.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

This video and the controversy surrounding him losing his status is just foolish. The fact people are blowing this out of the water is crazy. Nothing in that video is new news, you are treating him like he's after uncovering some massive secret. Nothing is different. At all.

There may have been more to him being demodded than meets the eye, you will never know. It's between him and Jagex. He's went from a huge suck-up (To obtain his position) to a "Jagex hater" in recent months, this isn't the first load of drivel to come from him. And I don't think a voluntary position given on behalf of a company is something that should be displayed like that.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

This video and the controversy surrounding him losing his status is just foolish. The fact people are blowing this out of the water is crazy. Nothing in that video is new news, you are treating him like he's after uncovering some massive secret. Nothing is different. At all.

There may have been more to him being demodded than meets the eye, you will never know. It's between him and Jagex. He's went from a huge suck-up (To obtain his position) to a "Jagex hater" in recent months, this isn't the first load of drivel to come from him. And I don't think a voluntary position given on behalf of a company is something that should be displayed like that.

My sentiments exactly :) <3: