Dungeoneering

Neohero1972

Hi

This is yet another bunch of questions about Dung (sorry, in advance !)

----Question 1----

I have been reading the advanced guide for Dung and has understood so far that one should go for the best 2-hander possible as well as the best plate armor.

Well, since I prefer to melee I can follow the advise about the plate armor, however, I don't really understand why I should use the best 2-hander as I would loose the ability to wield a shield as well as stabbing an enemy.

I prefer to use my trusty old longsword combined with a warhammer as this combo allows me to wield a shield also.

I have read that the reason why a 2-hander is recommended is that it does some serious damage, but still I fail to see the real benefit vs. a longsword, warhammer and shield setup ?

----Question 2----

After floor resetting I don't quite understand why I shouldn't use complexity 6, but rush the floors upto 10 floors away from my last reset (I.e. the last floor I could enter) I mean; rushing lowerleveled floors makes me loose a lot of prestige and as a consequence of that a lot of experience.

I know that some of you would probably argue that if it is done this way it will take me forever to reach my highest floor again, but what if I don't care about how far I'm going down the dungeon and is more interested in the experience is this still the wrong way to do it.

I'll guess the essense of this question is: progress vs. experience per hour.

Well, that was all, I hope and look forward to read you views on these subjects

Longswords hit worse than battleaxes on slash and warhammers hit worse than battleaxes on crush, so you should at least be using battleaxe + rapier/ls/spear for stab. Secondly, all stab-weak monsters are better slashed/crushed/maged, so your second bind is better used for a defensive item or a boost to your battleaxe/two-hander.

You can prefer to pray melee, but often you'll pray magic to avoid being bound, and at time you definitely want a plate if you don't have a hood.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hi

This is yet another bunch of questions about Dung (sorry, in advance !)

----Question 1----

I have been reading the advanced guide for Dung and has understood so far that one should go for the best 2-hander possible as well as the best plate armor.

Well, since I prefer to melee I can follow the advise about the plate armor, however, I don't really understand why I should use the best 2-hander as I would loose the ability to wield a shield as well as stabbing an enemy.

I prefer to use my trusty old longsword combined with a warhammer as this combo allows me to wield a shield also.

I have read that the reason why a 2-hander is recommended is that it does some serious damage, but still I fail to see the real benefit vs. a longsword, warhammer and shield setup ?

----Question 2----

After floor resetting I don't quite understand why I shouldn't use complexity 6, but rush the floors upto 10 floors away from my last reset (I.e. the last floor I could enter) I mean; rushing lowerleveled floors makes me loose a lot of prestige and as a consequence of that a lot of experience.

I know that some of you would probably argue that if it is done this way it will take me forever to reach my highest floor again, but what if I don't care about how far I'm going down the dungeon and is more interested in the experience is this still the wrong way to do it.

I'll guess the essense of this question is: progress vs. experience per hour.

Well, that was all, I hope and look forward to read you views on these subjects

q1: your first bind is a weapon. Either the highest 2h sword you can use or a maul if your strength is much higher than your defence. The warhammer really has no benefit to you as the 2h can crush and slash the same way the longsword does. There aren't many monsters weak to stab (brutes i know right off the bat), but a 2h with berserker can deal with them effectively.

Your second bind has to be a shadow silk hood. It hides you from humanoid monsters during the dungeon (meaning skeletons and zombies and the like are no longer aggressive until you're spotted by a mage.) So if you choose to bind 2 weapons or a weapon and a platebody you're at a huge disadvantage.

q2: I didn't really understand anything you said there. For the fastest xp you do small complexity one dungeons for floors 1-30 and large 5:5 dungeons until max. If you choose to do small complexity 6's you will not be getting your max xp/hr but if you're just dungeoning for fun have at it (:

catfight2.jpg

1) Firstly, longsword + warhammer would take 2 binds (or the time to make them yourself every floor). Secondly, you usually have enough food to survive the floor without the shield (and as mentioned before, you binds are limited and making it yourself every floor would be a serious waste of time). And most importantly the 2h has the highest dps.

2) You don't lose prestige if you do c1's rather than c6's. the lower floor are done at C1 to gain prestige faster and then do the last floors which give more exp. If you do let's say 10 first floors at C1 then the prestige for doing floor 11 after them is the same as it would be if you had done all 10 floors at C6.

Hope that anwsers your questions.

tuuskukk.png

- Get 80 attack and defense.

- Bind a gorg 2h and gorg plate.

- Bind a csb if you don't already have one.

- Upgrade your zerker and blazer rings to at least t6.

- Stop using shields and tank ring. They're useless.

Now you have better DPS and defense. Congratulations.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

1) Firstly, longsword + warhammer would take 2 binds (or the time to make them yourself every floor). Secondly, you usually have enough food to survive the floor without the shield (and as mentioned before, you binds are limited and making it yourself every floor would be a serious waste of time). And most importantly the 2h has the highest dps.

2) You don't lose prestige if you do c1's rather than c6's. the lower floor are done at C1 to gain prestige faster and then do the last floors which give more exp. If you do let's say 10 first floors at C1 then the prestige for doing floor 11 after them is the same as it would be if you had done all 10 floors at C6.

Hope that anwsers your questions.

I see your point about why I should go for the 2-hander instead.

q2: I didn't really understand anything you said there. For the fastest xp you do small complexity one dungeons for floors 1-30 and large 5:5 dungeons until max. If you choose to do small complexity 6's you will not be getting your max xp/hr but if you're just dungeoning for fun have at it (:

Answer to the both of you:

Regarding the prestige then I'm quite sure that if I do a floor which I already have done once then I will loose prestige if I lower the complexity - I'm quite sure that this happened the last time I did a reset and tried to rush the upper floors.

This time I have done the first two floors on complexity 6 and I haven't lost any prestige.

Jagex has changed it so if you do the same floor again in the same themed group you tick off the other floors in the themed group. I think that why your pretige is no longer lost.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Jagex has changed it so if you do the same floor again in the same themed group you tick off the other floors in the themed group. I think that why your pretige is no longer lost.

Hi

Hmmmm, I'm not sure that I quite understand you ! - are you basically saying that I can do lowerleveled floors on a lower complexity level without loosing my prestige - or have I got it wrong ?

I have just done floor #4 with complexity 6 and I got 7k+ exp.

To the rest of you who are participating in this thread I can say that I tried to use a 2-hander instead of my old trusty longsword and I must say that I really saw the difference !

Prestige has nothing to do with complexity level. Just remember that.

But doing a floor at a lower complexity has lowered your prestige before, I'm not sure how it works now - all I know is that I'm getting a pretty decent amount of experience for doing the upper floors on complexity 6.

Doing lower complexity gives exp penalties around 50%, it has nothing to do with prestige.

It's true that one gets a penalty for doing a floor on a lower complexity than 6, so far I can agree with you, however, one would also get a lower prestige - according to @oliboli1992 then Jagex has changed this.

Personally I haven't been able to confirm this myself though, so I'm currently playing on complexity 6 even on the upper floors just to be safe.

btw, does you or anybody else know whether or not it is possible to check how much prestige one currently have ?

Doing lower complexity gives exp penalties around 50%, it has nothing to do with prestige.

It's true that one gets a penalty for doing a floor on a lower complexity than 6, so far I can agree with you, however, one would also get a lower prestige - according to @oliboli1992 then Jagex has changed this.

Personally I haven't been able to confirm this myself though, so I'm currently playing on complexity 6 even on the upper floors just to be safe.

btw, does you or anybody else know whether or not it is possible to check how much prestige one currently have ?

That is wrong. It doesn't matter whether you do c1 or c6; the current progress will still go up (except if you repeat a floor even when all floors of the same theme are done).

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Every time you do a floor, a floor of that theme is checked off. If you finish all the floors of a theme and do another floor of that theme, you'll get 0 prestige xp. Idk why that's such a hard concept to grasp.

Hi

Well, it's a little beyond me why you're talking about progressing through the floors and the penalty to for repeating for doing them again - I'm talking about reduction in prestige if the floors are done on a lower complexity, so...

Anyway, I'm planning to do one floor on complexity 6 and thereafter one on complexity 1 and write down what prestige I got from each of them.

For my sake I hope I'm wrong in my assumption that my prestige will go down.

Say you just reset your ring, your previous prestige is 32 and your current prestige is 0.

Now if you were to do floor 1 on complexity 1, floor 1 would be ticked off and your current prestige would change to 1.

However if instead you decided to do floor 1 on complexity 6, floor 1 would be ticked off and your current prestige would change to 1.

As you can see the only difference is that C1 takes way less time and 50% less xp, since you shouldn't care about xp until floor 30 C1 is better.

After this if you were to do floor 1 again on complexity 1 floor 2 would be ticked off and your current prestige would change to 2.

The same would happen until all the floors on that theme were ticked off.

I hope that answers your question.

TidySlayer.png

Say you just reset your ring, your previous prestige is 32 and your current prestige is 0.

Now if you were to do floor 1 on complexity 1, floor 1 would be ticked off and your current prestige would change to 1.

However if instead you decided to do floor 1 on complexity 6, floor 1 would be ticked off and your current prestige would change to 1.

As you can see the only difference is that C1 takes way less time and 50% less xp, since you shouldn't care about xp until floor 30 C1 is better.

After this if you were to do floor 1 again on complexity 1 floor 2 would be ticked off and your current prestige would change to 2.

The same would happen until all the floors on that theme were ticked off.

I hope that answers your question.

Hi

I'm sorry to say that I find this very hard to understand (yes, I can be pretty thick-skulled at times !)

I have just done two floors and gotten the following prestige:

Floor 6 (medium size) - complexity 6: 9513 prestige

Floor 7 (small size) - complexity 1: 1261 prestige (got aprox. 310 dung exp.)

Now if I look at your example I cannot understand why the method you mention is better if it's the dung experience I'm after.

The first 29 floors give terrible xp compared to the higher ones, so it's best to just complete them as quickly as possible, which means doing c1 smalls.

I think that answers your question, but then again, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

I think he is thinking that prestige xp adds up each floor, which it doesn't.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

The first 29 floors give terrible xp compared to the higher ones, so it's best to just complete them as quickly as possible, which means doing c1 smalls.

I think that answers your question, but then again, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

I'm basically saying that doing all of the floors on complexity 6 would be better experience-wise as far as I can tell.

When I did floor #6 (complexity 6) I got around 7.100 experience and it took me 2 hours to complete (yes I know I'm kinda slow) when I did floor #7 (complexity 1) it took me 11 minutes which means that I can complete roughly about 5 floors an hour which would give me something like 2081 experience for that hour under the assumption that I get 10% more experience for each completed floor

I haven't done the math (due to lack of math skills) on how much I would get for completing 10 floors, but I would imagine that you would get less than 7.100 experience in total.

In other words, prestige is not the same as exp. As it stands now, (after a reset), you earn 1 prestige every time you finished a floor for the first time. After that, every time you finish a floor you've already done, the game checks if there are other floors of that theme that you have not finished yet. If so, one of those will be marked as finished instead, and you will gain prestige as normal. However, if there are no floors of the same theme uncompleted, you gain 0 prestige for that dungeon.

Since doing floors at c6 takes much longer than at c1, most advise doing lower floors (which are worth less exp overall anyways) at c1, in order to quickly reach the higher floors. This does not effect prestige.

wotmania505.png

Yes, you will get more xp, but you'll get dramatically lower xp/hour. Does that make sense?

Hi

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that - according to my own calculation and guesstimations + what I have read elsewhere, then xp/hour is higher, however, since I haven't gotten very deep into the dungeon yet I can't say whether this is apply all the way to level 120, but I can say that on the upper floors you will get better xp/hour using complexity 6.

The downside is that it will take you far longer to reach the lower floors where the experience is far greater according to what I have heard.

I have just finished floor #8 and I got 4.100 experience (I died 5 times or so) and yet I still consider the 4.100 exp. relatively decent for spending aprox. 1½ hour clearing the floor (it's roughly 2733 exp/hour) which is sorta okay when one is also taking the floor level into account.

I get about 100k xp for my higher floors on average, including the lower xp abandoned floors. If I did a furnished large, I'd get about 50k xp. Since I have 23 high floors and 30 low floors, I'd get 2.3m and 1.5m xp respectively. Now, I can spend an extra 10 hours doing floors 1-30 as larges and get that 1.5m xp, but it's only be 150k xp/hour, rather than the 300k xp/hour I'd get just doing abands, occs, and warps.

Essentially, you're cutting your xp/hour by more than 1/4 if you do your c1s as larges.