23-Aug-2011 � New Rewards for Minigames

brainymidget

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Proximity chinchompas for use in Castle Wars."

Worst update ever.

Barrows drops appearing in the log is awesome and hopefully they'll be adding more stuff to that soon (a few more clue rewards would be good when getting stuff instead of just finishing every one).

The Necromancer robes look awesome along with the hybrid armour, a shame that it's useless outside of those minigames but should be great in them. Also the method of getting them sounds great, very little "pointless" grinding and I imagine people will get them while going for other goals within the minigame.

The new spells seem somewhat useful although they idea of getting to 900k points in that horrid horrid minigame is not appealing at all so was disappointed there's absolutely no way to change how that works.

Ibis armour is awesome and I'll probably try and get that soon, need to get thieving up anyway so that'll help with that.

Tiger Shark is good I suppose although will be the same as Manta Rays and Sea Turtles in terms of amount it's used, unless the shells are decent enough to make people do trawler more.

Skull change is good I guess, although will encourage people to camp places (such as Penguins) as if people come back after dying to retaliate they'll be skulled. I imagine a lot of complaints coming soon from players who've not read this update (the fact that it's hidden away in a dev diary isn't good for such an update).

But yeah, good update overall I think, just disappointed the quest didn't come today, next week though :)

I for one won't be going for the hybird armour, the only update that really got my attention was the master rcing outfit, i estimated it would cost 10k tokens for the set..look how wrong i was, plenty of 50-50 gop for me!

The other thing that interests me is the neomancer kit, i wouldn't mind trying to get the neomancer kit but i do fear it'll be very expensive and time comsuming for the little prayer bonus that it offers.

The shields from stealing creation will probably degrade quite a lot, don't think i'll be giving up my dragon defender for it any time soon.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Shark Tooth Necklace (Shark Teeth from Trawler)

"Effect:

The heal over time effect given when a baron shark is eaten works for an additional 5 seconds.

Eating a shark has a chance to heal an additional 20 life points.

5% additional Fishing XP boost when fishing for sharks.

"

Stats aren't great but that 5% additional xp from shark fishing isn't too bad. Need 5 shark teeth + thread and requires 91 crafting to make.

The shells gives 60% additional xp in the next game (one does just you, another does 10 people, clan mates first).

I have no idea why they didn't mention the new sceptre and the shields in the update, wonder if there's anything else they didn't mention?

It takes approximately 220 hours to reach level 99 runecrafting, assuming ZMI rates of 60k/hr.

Each piece of the master rc set requires 15k tokens, which comes to about 7.5 hours of GOP for each.

There's really no point going for the full set effect in a sense, since the first piece already gives a 0.8% boost, which is almost a third of the full set effect alone.

So on the way to 99 runecrafting, this 0.8% boost will save you 1.7 hours.

The full boost on the other hand saves about 5.5 hours, at the cost of 30 hours of gameplay.

OH YEAH.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Almost all of these new things have absolutely no utility at all.

What's the xp/hour of GOP?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It takes approximately 220 hours to reach level 99 runecrafting, assuming ZMI rates of 60k/hr.

Each piece of the master rc set requires 15k tokens, which comes to about 7.5 hours of GOP for each.

There's really no point going for the full set effect in a sense, since the first piece already gives a 0.8% boost, which is almost a third of the full set effect alone.

The full boost on the other hand saves about 5.5 hours, at the cost of 30 hours of gameplay.

OH YEAH.

If you enjoy Great Orb Project and hate grinding runecrafting, the 30 hours of a mini-game you like and probably would have played anyway to save 5.5 hours of something you don't might be worth it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

If you hate runecrafting you'd crawlercraft/black dragon craft it depending on wealth.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

OH YEAH.

If you enjoy Great Orb Project and hate grinding runecrafting, the 30 hours of a mini-game you like and probably would have played anyway to save 5.5 hours of something you don't might be worth it.

Plus this math fails to account for the fact the 30 hours includes rc xp.

Granted not best ever but double rate nats is pretty decent xp:hr; enough to probably make it so time wise you only lose out an hour max vs full grind

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

woox16jad.png

Woox16/new jad pet. Looks pretty cool I guess.

He's still at W119 Livid farm now if anyone wants an in-game look at the pet for w/e reason :P

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

They fudged the knowledge base again. The master robes appear to be F2P since it doesn't have the member's only tag, but when you head over to the guild it's actually P2P.

Since most opponents are usually robots it is not all that difficult to win every single game. And for some people, mainly the GOP zealots, 60k tokens is a drop in the bucket.

EDIT: experience per hour in GOP is tediously slow, but your experience is initially doubled. Then you start adding exp boosts, like runecrafting gloves to triple it. But most don't really play the minigame for the experience if they enjoy it, they play it for the simple yet intriguing mechanics. These robes seem tailored for those who like the minigame.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

*Using an arcane capacitor necklace, the Borrowed Power spell allows you to cast the following spells:

Wind wave

Water Wave

Earth Wave

Fire Wave

Entangle

Enfeeble

Telekinetic Grab

Wow, that's lame. They should've allowed Surge spells as well. Now the spell is just useless.

Are the jewelled statue and diamond statue in pp new?

ROW only items.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Master Rc robes are F2p :cool:

Time to get them on a Few accounts :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Gold keys for shades of morton appears to be pretty rare.

Are you using magic logs and fiyr remains (Highest shade)?

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Well – while I could wax poetic about the uselessness of (once again) offering "hybrid armour" that's only useful in PvP mini-games/activities I will simply ignore this aspect in favour of something far more important:

*ahem*

OMG!! NEW CLOTHES!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

To start, play any of the following minigames. See the individual minigame pages for full details of the rewards:

Castle Wars

Stealing Creation

Fist of Guthix

Pest Control

Shades of Mort’ton

Fishing Trawler

Great Orb Project

Pyramid Plunder

TzHaar Fight Pits

Soul Wars

Hmmm -- no apparent improvements/benefits from Trouble Brewing ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Love story offers trollheim teletabs, no need for spellbookswap or countless hours at the zombie farm.

10 teleport sceptre would be nice yes.

farming [cabbage] from zombie farm produce points.... well 2 hours work for such a usefull scroll yay... its not like betweeen farming we have nothing to do, we do farming between the things we are already doing (to make some money, because we cant all bot)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.