Anyone else feel that?

4nr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The epicenter is 20 miles from my house, actually. It's not a big deal. Just a 5.9. Strongest earthquake on record for VA, but nothing to really worry about.

usc0005ild_ciim.jpg

As you can see, most people will feel something closer to a 2-3 than a 5.9 like I did...and all it did was shake the walls.

edit: awww man, the picture changed. Wtf.

We felt it in western PA. Nothing damaged...just moreso everyone here going "WTF IS AN EARTHQUAKE DOING IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA"

Yeah, that was pretty much the reaction here. They happen so rarely I didn't know what was happening at first. This is probably child's play to those on the west coast.

floorgazer.png

What I find funny is that nearly everyone any news station is interviewing is saying this is their first earthquake. And these people are in the mid to late twenties and older. GO OUT AND EXPLORE THE WORLD PEOPLE.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

What I find funny is that nearly everyone any news station is interviewing is saying this is their first earthquake. And these people are in the mid to late twenties and older. GO OUT AND EXPLORE THE WORLD PEOPLE.

I will not travel the world just so I can feel an earthquake.

hzvjpwS.gif

I was trying to pee when it hit. Made aiming rather difficult. I felt a 5.8

It was a fun 30 seconds. I laugh at those that panic.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

But my point is you visit other places for pleasure, you'll have a greater chance of experiencing some sort of natural disaster whether you wanted to or not. I'm trying to say that most likely the people being interviewed have never been outside the US.

Also, the people on TV came off as like "OMG I felt an earthquake for the first time! GET ON MY LEVEL!" which pisses me off even more.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

5.8 is indeed relatively small. Still i guess it could have caused some injuries or even deaths if people who never felt an earthquake did something really stupid, or someone was very unlucky (i'm thinking having a lamp fall on your head maybe). Anywhere from 6 onwards and i think it could have caused more serious damage.

I'm not informed on this - have there been any injuries/deaths?

Final1.jpg

But my point is you visit other places for pleasure, you'll have a greater chance of experiencing some sort of natural disaster whether you wanted to or not. I'm trying to say that most likely the people being interviewed have never been outside the US.

Also, the people on TV came off as like "OMG I felt an earthquake for the first time! GET ON MY LEVEL!" which pisses me off even more.

I will not forgo my sarcasm for your well reasoned arguments, either!

hzvjpwS.gif

5.8 is indeed relatively small. Still i guess it could have caused some injuries or even deaths if people who never felt an earthquake did something really stupid, or someone was very unlucky (i'm thinking having a lamp fall on your head maybe). Anywhere from 6 onwards and i think it could have caused more serious damage.

I'm not informed on this - have there been any injuries/deaths?

Haven't heard of anything yet. I heard rumors that a building has at least partially collapsed in DC, but I don't know how much merit that holds. A few windows in an elementary school closer to the epicenter blew out.

floorgazer.png

Felt it, thought it was some construction.

Thought it was my dog beating at the sliding glass door to be let back in, then the entire house started shaking lol.

floorgazer.png

I didn't feel anything. I kinda wished I did though... would be fun to experience it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

We felt it in western PA. Nothing damaged...just moreso everyone here going "WTF IS AN EARTHQUAKE DOING IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA"

North-western PA here, and i didn't feel anything. Most likely because i was asleep '_'

But i did see a bunch of my local friends post about it on Facebook when i woke up. Kinda' wish i was up for it. Wanted to know what it was like >.>

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.