Anyone else feel that?

4nr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad had a flight to Miami via new York today. Hit flight was delayed for a while because they had to circle around the airport a few times to avoid the earthquake. No biggy though.

Apparently they felt it here in New-Brunswick too, although at the south of the province. I wish I was still living there (moved out to the north of the province last week). I could've known what it was like, although I still probably wouldn't really have felt it.

People in California are laughing at us East Coasters right now.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

wrong thread [first time for everything derp]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

According to the talking heads on the news, the east coast is denser and colder so the earthquake waves propagate further and can be more intense.

Also, buildings on the east coast aren't constructed with earthquakes in mind, so even a small to medium sized one can be devastating.

That said, I didn't feel anything in West Lafayette, IN. I was watching the news when it happened, was pretty interesting.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Why are there no conspiracy theories popping up? Obviously terrorists are attacking from the ground. :ohnoes:

Oh there are conspiracies...

[hide]

funny-facebook-fails-earthquake-ob-all-hail-obama.jpg

funny-facebook-fails-earthquake-ob-depths-hell.jpg

funny-facebook-fails-earthquake-ob-hubby-says.jpg

[/hide]

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Why are there no conspiracy theories popping up? Obviously terrorists are attacking from the ground. :ohnoes:

Oh there are conspiracies...

[hide]

funny-facebook-fails-earthquake-ob-all-hail-obama.jpg

funny-facebook-fails-earthquake-ob-depths-hell.jpg

funny-facebook-fails-earthquake-ob-hubby-says.jpg

[/hide]

24o5yzp.jpg

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Didn't feel anything here (Ohio) though I wonder how bad it could have been, had the earthquake been just slightly larger, seeing as buildings on the east coast are not earthquake proofed.

I haaaaate it so much when people involve God in their stupid explanations.

So many idiot theists out there giving us all a bad name. >.>

Sorry to bring up this rant again. It's been said plenty of times. Sarge's posts just resurfaced my hate.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Hmmmm,

U.S. nuclear officials said that the North Anna Power Station, which has two nuclear reactors, had lost offsite power and was using diesel generators to maintain cooling operations after an 5.9 earthquake hit the region.

The North Anna plant, which was near the epicenter of Tuesday's quake, is reportedly located on a fault line.

The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission rates the plant as the seventh most likely to receive core damage from a quake. But they say the chances of that are only 1 in 22,727.

Also, according to Dominion Power, it was only built to withstand a range of 5.9-6.1. Of course, a long, sustained shaking can be more destructive than a short, but more energetic quake...and the Richter scale doesn't tell us that sort of stuff. But after Japan, this doesn't exactly make me feel good (especially because the North Anna Power Plant is 20 minutes from my house, prolly like 10 miles in terms of distance).

Hmmmm,

U.S. nuclear officials said that the North Anna Power Station, which has two nuclear reactors, had lost offsite power and was using diesel generators to maintain cooling operations after an 5.9 earthquake hit the region.

The North Anna plant, which was near the epicenter of Tuesday's quake, is reportedly located on a fault line.

The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission rates the plant as the seventh most likely to receive core damage from a quake. But they say the chances of that are only 1 in 22,727.

Also, according to Dominion Power, it was only built to withstand a range of 5.9-6.1. Of course, a long, sustained shaking can be more destructive than a short, but more energetic quake...and the Richter scale doesn't tell us that sort of stuff. But after Japan, this doesn't exactly make me feel good (especially because the North Anna Power Plant is 20 minutes from my house, prolly like 10 miles in terms of distance).

We live very close to eachother then, it's like MAYBE 15 minutes from where I'm at.

floorgazer.png

Pretty muchicon_razz.gif

And then the Bay Area gets hit with a 3.6 not too long ago from now. East Coast sharing their earthquake with us in the West Coast? <3:

I was watching the news earlier, and this one woman who lived in NYC for 30 years now said she has never felt an earthquake until today. Except NYC has had its share of earthquakes within those 20 years; small mind you, but still. o.O I guess she was just "lucky" up to now not to feel any. XD

Pretty muchicon_razz.gif

And then the Bay Area gets hit with a 3.6 not too long ago from now. East Coast sharing their earthquake with us in the West Coast? <3:

I was watching the news earlier, and this one woman who lived in NYC for 30 years now said she has never felt an earthquake until today. Except NYC has had its share of earthquakes within those 20 years; small mind you, but still. o.O I guess she was just "lucky" up to now not to feel any. XD

The Bay Area one was a cute widdle quake :3

I think I'm pretty damn unlucky with the earthquakes, living in California and all. I haven't felt one in years. Either I'm sleeping or driving or something when one happens. :mad:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg