Large Dungeons

JPMC Mate

I have been practicing larges a lot lately as keyer, but I still get lost in the dungeon, even as keyer.

So, as keyer, what am I suppose to do? When do I mgt? How can I improve myself as keyer. Usually the team is ahead of me and I'm left behind. What can I do to be one step ahead of team?

EDIT: Here are three parts to my large:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbkn0wv1CWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_geRIRsP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45wAzzg-Ck

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Umm is this a random team or a team you always DUNG with? Not that it matters alot. There is a few factors that are still not knowen. Are you doing puzzle rooms or is the team. Are you marking gd rooms for them to do while u key? IF the team is one step ahead of you not the end of the world unless there yelling at u to come open doors. If so let them gate the room and come get keys. Then again I Am not a great keyer haha. But saying that a good team is just as important,

Opthsis.png

u can use some grid/graph paper and mark all the key doors that you see on it, this should speed you up a bit. and aswel another key thing to remember is to always have your team doing something, whether it is going and gating doors, moving the gt or doing gd's/puzzles. also what time are you averaging when you key?

Umm if you're still doing that whole turning the screen and looking at each door separately while spending 5 seconds to turn on prayer, of course you're gonna be left behind.

You mgt when the path you're currently on comes to a de, or you're at a solo puzzle and there's other rooms that could be done, or when the gt is in a useless place.

Staurolite.png

It might help if you get a good permanent team on vent/skype/etc.

The main thing is communication for the team.

Obviously if your teammates go down a path and start opening doors, you won't know what doors they are until they say something.

It's a lot easier with a team on vent because if you forget, you can just ask instead of typing it out.

capt%20kevin.png

Umm is this a random team or a team you always DUNG with? Not that it matters alot. There is a few factors that are still not knowen. Are you doing puzzle rooms or is the team. Are you marking gd rooms for them to do while u key? IF the team is one step ahead of you not the end of the world unless there yelling at u to come open doors. If so let them gate the room and come get keys. Then again I Am not a great keyer haha. But saying that a good team is just as important,

I use a friend's chat called D Squires for floors. Also, I do mark GDs, but I sometimes don't know how to prioritize rooms.

Umm if you're still doing that whole turning the screen and looking at each door separately while spending 5 seconds to turn on prayer, of course you're gonna be left behind.

You mgt when the path you're currently on comes to a de, or you're at a solo puzzle and there's other rooms that could be done, or when the gt is in a useless place.

I use full screen now to dungeoneer, so that is no longer an issue. When running through rooms I always put prot magic on default and switch prot prayers depending on monsters attacking me.

It might help if you get a good permanent team on vent/skype/etc.

The main thing is communication for the team.

Obviously if your teammates go down a path and start opening doors, you won't know what doors they are until they say something.

It's a lot easier with a team on vent because if you forget, you can just ask instead of typing it out.

I have tried making a team like that, but it is hard to find people that are willing to follow a set of rules. Plus, I don't have a mic.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

youre 89 dg, and you use d squires. i think thats one of the biggest problems right there.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

youre 89 dg, and you use d squires. i think thats one of the biggest problems right there.

Then what would you suggest I use?

azeem1992.png

DGS and I won't work out. I have college starting soon anyways. Know of any others?

azeem1992.png

Anyone?

azeem1992.png

SO w148 is my only option? Will many people join my teams at 90 dg?

azeem1992.png

Well then what's the point of going to w148 if they won't be good? How will I learn that way?

azeem1992.png

Well when you're not that good either it might help you get better without being left behind so much.

If you just keep thinking you are entitled to good teammates then maybe you shouldn't have had that whole issue with DGS and all. :rolleyes:

Staurolite.png

Well when you're not that good either it might help you get better without being left behind so much.

If you just keep thinking you are entitled to good teammates then maybe you shouldn't have had that whole issue with DGS and all. :rolleyes:

I couldn't have made a full commitment to DGS anyways due to my college starting inevitably.

azeem1992.png

What do you mean? What did I do to you?

EDITED for reasons.

azeem1992.png

grind it out on w148 and then 67 (or whatever the 3bo world becomes) at 100+.

Hopefully you might learn some stuff by yourself along the way. IQ and common sense is required for dg.

It's not like the people who are good at dg learnt their skills from a guide. they discovered tricks, techniques, patterns by themselves.

open the map more often

I open the map every few seconds as keyer.

@ Rare Pain: That is true. I have been trying to learn by myself, but it's pretty slow learning.

azeem1992.png