Hurricane Irene

Hugger_88

My parents live near DC. Apparantly it just rained a bunch and got kinda windy. Nothing to write home about on that end, but apparantly some places up near Alexandra lost power.

^ I lost power, although it was because of something stupid. (transformer blew out or w/e, hopefully fixed today).

It wasn't bad though... just ruined my weekend because I had nothing to do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So were there any fatalities from the storm? Gotta admit, I'd be kind of pissed if there wasn't at least one, with all the hype Irene was given...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

So were there any fatalities from the storm? Gotta admit, I'd be kind of pissed if there wasn't at least one, with all the hype Irene was given...

About 50, last I checked. As far as hurricanes go, meh.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

With the time of preparedness and warning that was given, nobody should have died.

But eh, whatever. Natural selection baby.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Hurricanes are nothing compared to tornadoes. The general public is informed days before it even has a potential of striking land. Compare that to 300 mph winds spontaneously generating in the middle of land.

That's not to say hurricanes aren't tragic enough. And I'm sorry to those who've been lost and their families.

Hurricanes are nothing compared to tornadoes. The general public is informed days before it even has a potential of striking land. Compare that to 300 mph winds spontaneously generating in the middle of land.

That's not to say hurricanes aren't tragic enough. And I'm sorry to those who've been lost and their families.

Question: Do hurricanes and tornados cancel each other out?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It always makes disasters sadder when people start invoking God by claiming the disasters are God's punishment on man for x or y. Falwell blamed the gays for 9/11. And now bat[cabbage] crazy Bachmann is essentially blaming Obama's economic policy.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Hahaha, oh man that Michelle is so crazy.

Huh? She's running for president? Haha, oh you're so crazy.

What? You're serious? Haha, nobody would support her. Haha.

What? She has supporters?

Oh.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Oh yeah. I went driving at 2am after Irene passed on the highway, with no power for like, 15 miles both directions, total blackness. Epic.

Then I got to my house and turned on the tv cuz I never lost power :D

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge