ConsoleScape

Toad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure how well it'll work in such a click-heavy game such as RuneScape. If they make it so that it works similarly then I might use it, but I wouldn't be someone to trust it at TDs or boss monsters, nevermind clan wars or PvP fights.

j0xPu5R.png

If it comes out for the Wii, not the Wii U, I am worried. The Wii is like a wet, cardboard box. Bot makers, bug abusers, etc would be like a kid in a candy store.

To elaborate, I can install the Homebrew Channel and "Backup loaders" in less then 5 minutes on any Wii. Can you do that with the Xbox 360 or an updated PS3? No.

ozXHe7P.png

Possibly just release a mouse with the game, that's what I expect anyway.

Unless they made something like use the D-pad (or analog) to move mouse cursor then have buttons on the pad do certain options eg:

(xbox as example)

a - right click on hovered item

x - first option on hovered item

y - second option on hovered item

b - third option on hovered item

That's all I can think of anyway.

Besides, obviously Jagex would have to somehow allow all features on 'runescape.com' not cost an Xbox Live membership, where as PS3 has a built in browser and it's free to use (I'm not sure about the Wii).

Possibly just release a mouse with the game, that's what I expect anyway.

Unless they made something like use the D-pad (or analog) to move mouse cursor then have buttons on the pad do certain options eg:

(xbox as example)

a - right click on hovered item

x - first option on hovered item

y - second option on hovered item

b - third option on hovered item

That's all I can think of anyway.

Besides, obviously Jagex would have to somehow allow all features on 'runescape.com' not cost an Xbox Live membership, where as PS3 has a built in browser and it's free to use (I'm not sure about the Wii).

Using the sticks to move the cursos around is going to make for some horribly low apm. I can't see them being that stupid. If it ever gets to xbox the only thing i can see it being compatible with is the kinect. Although i'm not quite sure how you would click then.

The could easily strap on a console friendly ui.

Use stick/pad/triggers to scroll through "hot zones" which would be anything with a useful click option.

Then when on a hotzone in the corner where we get hover info it'd show

A/Square

B/Triangle

X

Y/Circle

and give the options

Then all you need is to strap on an option menu where you can setup quick profiles that ignore certain options

eg make a fighting one that only offers "attack"

Then some kinda quick hotswap system like on the d-pad to pick various menu areas (eg jump to invetory, prayer, game screen)

And could also throw in some easy basics like 1 trigger eats from invent, 1 trigger toggles quick prayer, then let bumpers be assigned to specific stuff eg 1 bumper on the quick tele another on sip for overloads etc.

It'd be a different play experience in terms of input, but it wouldn't take anything major to make a game pad friendly ui for ps and xbox; especially since they have the same basic buttons; a lot of this ui is drawn from point and click adventure games that have very nice console releases. Just fed in a few button assigning ideas to compensate the need for speed on an mmo, compared to a point n clikc where u can scroll slowly between everything with no problem

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

ONLY nintendo? Why only nintendo when all generation consoles have motion technology?

:(

Because, if you read the article, all 3 refuse to do cross-console support which makes it 1 or none atm.

And the wii format is much much much easier to port the point and click format too.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Because, if you read the article,

:rolleyes: Point's gone over your head. More likely is the fact that Wii is the strongest console of the generation and attracts a younger crowd (better investment). PS3 would have been the wiser choice, and Xbox is an absolute no-no (much as I hate that being an Xbox owner). But you can bet your butt that no matter what they spin it to, if there was another console that was equally strong in sales they would choose them in a hot-minute.

inb4 wii sales have dropped thougH@@

hzvjpwS.gif

I think Runescape wouldnt be to bad if it comes to the Wii U. The small screen from the Wii u is used as invertory/minimap in multiple games, for the people that don't know what the Wii U is heres a little video:

I think Runescape wouldnt be to bad if it comes to the Wii U. The small screen from the Wii u is used as invertory/minimap in multiple games, for the people that don't know what the Wii U is heres a little video:

Off-topic:^kinda wanna get that now even though I hate the Wii.

On-Topic: The idea of RS coming to consoles sounds pretty neat, but people are so used to playing it on the computer, that most are probably gonna be reluctant to try it on a console. Controls might take a while to get used to/not be efficient to use in certain scenarios.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

because the console market is an awfull one?

Both having a small future, and a very closed & annoying to develop for one. Nintendo is known for its closed market, and fitting to what nintendo called "standard" is more of a pain than a blessing.

Even sony won't easily allow an "open" game like runescape to work here. - Especially not when you can game with a person owning one of its competitors.

If jagex should expand the market (should it? - after all they are a casual game market and fit with head and shoulders above the rest there, going to another market potentially weakens jagex) I'd say the smart phone market is the most promising market.

Smartphones are the "new gadget" and will only grow in strength and number, but more importantly, the interface (point & click) of smartphones fits very well the way how runescape is build, only few "keys" are necessary, making it an ideal game for a touch screen. The smartphone users are also generally casual users, the people interested in games which you can just "click and play". Also smartphones (apart from the abysmal iphone which I know no one to have apart from muslims who try to be "cool" and "score") are pretty "open", the license costs needed to develop is minimal compared to consoles, and cross-platform gaming is more often than not standard practice.

How I "know" this? - Well as I'm closely following gamemaker's process - and gamemaker has in the past activelly considered going for all platforms, however the console market had to be dropped in a late stadium as nintendo (and later sony) demanded too much "change".

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Click? You move by walking your character and you pick up items by standing on them then a botton unlocks a menu that lets you select what to grab?

I dunno how you can select other complex things like prayers hehehe

My post is speculation, i don't actually know a thing.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Gerhard has the brain of a flea.

Why the hell would the console makers offer up boxes of runescape on a CD with pretty manuals at your local video game store for free?

They make a cut off all game sales which is why all the games are marked up 20% compared to the computer version.

If I was a console maker I would be worried about why my quality sucks compared to 10 years ago.

I would also worry why I can't compete cost and performace wise with graphic cards for computers.

So says me, an ex-console player of the 80s and 90s when the consoles were cheaper and the games looked nicer.

This is a non-story and consoles are dead because microsoft killed them.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Gerhard has the brain of a flea.

Why the hell would the console makers offer up boxes of runescape on a CD with pretty manuals at your local video game store for free?

They make a cut off all game sales which is why all the games are marked up 20% compared to the computer version.

If I was a console maker I would be worried about why my quality sucks compared to 10 years ago.

I would also worry why I can't compete cost and performace wise with graphic cards for computers.

So says me, an ex-console player of the 80s and 90s when the consoles were cheaper and the games looked nicer.

This is a non-story and consoles are dead because microsoft killed them.

I laughed heartily at the notion you thought this would be disc based.

It'll be done via the online download systems, wii store, playstation store and xbox arcade

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Cross-Platform will most likely be the future of gaming, so I think Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony could use Runescape as a Guinea Pig. I'd say that RS should be free (the f2p portion), however I think the other game companies have the right to charge membership for using their networks. So to play f2p rs on the 360, you still need to buy xbox live, but to pay p2p rs you'd have to buy xbox live gold & regular rs fees. Also, I'd have to say if they can make rs accessible like it is on the pc, then the only hacks would be client side, not effecting others or giving you a advantage (except maybe a bigger view).

Finally, Jagex could sell in partnership with the 3 big companies. mouses to play via usb/wireless. Perhaps the only hard part would be communicating(typing), but I'm sure ps3/xbox already have mouses/keyboards. No clue about the wii.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

MMOs have no place on the console unless you're a brand name like Final Fantasy with the backing of a big name like Square Enix.

They should continue planning a release of Runescape for handheld devices, the ortho mode for it is available and seems to work well enough.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Already play RuneScape with Wii remotes. Makes it very fun, actually... Until you get used to it, then it's no different then playing RuneScape with a keyboard and mouse except a bit easier.

09144a99bb.png

Hmm, that news is rather odd.

There's already a game in development for the Ps3 that's going to be cross-platform; Dust 514 ( http://forum.tip.it/topic/298325-dust-514-mmofps/ ). That will be able to interract with PC users in the same 'New Eden' server. So it's odd that they would say they wouldn't in this, and then do the complete opposite. Unless they're just not telling you all something. ;)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I have to agree with BioIce and pulli23 on this, handheld devices are a much better choice for RS.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...