ConsoleScape

Toad

Not even on Linux on the PS3?

Linux on the PS3 is only available to hacked PS3s, and I'm preeeetty sure the slow speed (JIT [basically a method to make Java a lot faster] is probably not available on PS3s with Linux, so it would have to be a VM [a slow method that ensures compatibility]) would hinder it.

ozXHe7P.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Nintendo come out in top by being the first, it could be a great moment for them to get back on top, or just be a flop, it's a rather interesting topic!

Right... a game played by, even at your questionable estimations, hundreds of thousands of people can really provide some meaningful assistance to a company whose current home console has sold well over eighty million units, to the point where it might just save them from 'flopping'. :rolleyes:

It's not a topic, it's just laughable you would honestly even think that any of the three major companies would care that much about getting Jagex on board.

Could Nintendo come out in top by being the first, it could be a great moment for them to get back on top, or just be a flop, it's a rather interesting topic!

Right... a game played by, even at your questionable estimations, hundreds of thousands of people can really provide some meaningful assistance to a company whose current home console has sold well over eighty million units, to the point where it might just save them from 'flopping'. :rolleyes:

It's not a topic, it's just laughable you would honestly even think that any of the three major companies would care that much about getting Jagex on board.

I meant that fact it would have opened the way for PC MMO's to be released to Consoles, assistance in being know as a innovative company that was the first to bring interaction between PC and Console. It's not all about profits.

I never said Nintendo were flopping, just that them opening their player-base to MMO's and interaction with PC users via their console, I wasn't just referring to RuneScape but the wider picture that if Jagex and Nintendo did it a whole host of other company's would eventually do it to, know what your replying to before you try to belittle me troll.

"it's just laughable" how arrogant some people can be, before you quote me again try not to be such an ass, I'm not always right and nor are you no need to get rude or nasty about it though.

Those numbers are off.

Yesterday's update brought the population down to 70-80k after an update when before there were 180k people online. For hours the population in many worlds hovered at 300+ people. Now, if you quote the numbers from the last two weeks when it only took about roughly an hour before the population returned to 180-200k, the console build was 662 for the past three weeks.

Well 40mins after the update I saw 220k people online. So not sure what page you were looking at, if it was immediately after the update I couldn't log in for the first seven minutes of the update nor could many others.

Also many people are back to school/collage now so it's not going to be as high as it has been in the mornings.

Well 40mins after the update I saw 220k people online.

I'm certain that's wrong. Before the update the population was 180k. The only time the population rocketed close to the before-update population was during the previous weeks. The after-update population certainly never exceeded the before-update numbers when the console build changes.

Also many people are back to school/collage now so it's not going to be as high as it has been in the mornings.

Can't use that line of reasoning now, a lot of them are using bots for when they're away. If this were the trade limit era you'd see the current 176k right now down to 80k average at this hour.

EDIT:

Have a graph. Take note of the day, August 31. It never rose to 220k that day.

http://www.sercrui.com/graph.php?tl=1314714600&tu=1314973800&sn=9999&pf=on&grn=2

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

And I strongly contest that 90% are bots personally feel it's 30-40% at most especially in percentage of paying members.

You don't think that for every legit player bank staring, boss hunting, etc... That there are 5-10 bots at sorcerers garden, turoths, tzhaar, living rocks, dragons, yews, dungeoneering, mining, avansies? Any skill you do, and any skilling location you visit, legit players are outnumbered by at least 5-1.

5-1? :unsure:

I think you're being a little conservative in your estimation there, hun ...

nyuseg.png

Well 40mins after the update I saw 220k people online.

I'm certain that's wrong. Before the update the population was 180k. The only time the population rocketed close to the before-update population was during the previous weeks. The after-update population certainly never exceeded the before-update numbers when the console build changes.

Can't use that line of reasoning now, a lot of them are using bots for when they're away. If this were the trade limit era you'd see the current 176k right now down to 80k average at this hour.

Blah, so I was over by 40k and he was still under by 100 to 110k, proving my point he was talking cabbage, and there was no major drop in player number on that graph around the time on the update that day.

And when you say 80k you mean 180k right, because there are over 180k people on-line, which will steadily rise over the next few hours.

Also my argument of school starting is also shown on your graph, if you look at the dates between the start of the summer holidays and the end of August to now, it shows RS ins't peeking over 190k for over 6 days now, and it never was that slow for over 4 days through June to mid August.

I meant that fact it would have opened the way for PC MMO's to be released to Consoles, assistance in being know as a innovative company that was the first to bring interaction between PC and Console. It's not all about profits.

Erm... nope. Final Fantasy XI was released onto PC and then onto PS2, followed by the Xbox 360. Jagex are not the first company to attempt cross-platforming in the MMORPG genre at all. And yes, before you go there, PC users can interact with users on other consoles, and vice versa. So there's barely any profit, there's no significant gain in profile on Nintendo's part, and there's no novelty in the italicised statement... What possible major interest would Nintendo or any of the three major companies have in setting aside their own differences just so Jagex, a relatively small independent games studio in Cambridge, can get what they want and stick a half-dead product on all three of their shelves?