What makes a good tipit member?

Star_Fox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who challenge the system.

Friendliness on the internet is a sign of weakness and insecurity.

Oh shut up.

That's more like it.

Amen brother.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

A good tipit member should never give you up. They should never let you down and most of all, they should never run around and desert you.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

A good tipit member should give you up. They should never let you down and most of all, they should never run around and desert you.

It appears we just got Rick Rolled by Russia and/or the Beetles.. Abandon ship!

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

A good tipit member should never give you up. They should never let you down and most of all, they should never run around and desert you.

They should never make you cry, never say goodbye and never tell a lie and hurt you.

They should know the rules, and so do I.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

As long as they don't like My Little Pony.

I have a feeling you just offended a lot of people.

You can't be serious about that right? That is like saying "I don't like forum members who are black."

Anyways.... I like forum members who don't go around hating (and announcing it) people just because they like something or don't like something. I also like those people who don't try to look like they know everything.

That's rather annoying. I've lost a post that I was about to submit as my computer restarted itself.

I'd say I look for similar qualities in Tipiters as I do with women

•  
  • Ability to think and reason logically.
  • Ability to communicate effectively and coherently.
  • Ability to demonstrate prowess in a particular field or activity (Economics expert, or a good journalist)
  • Someone who contributes with constructive criticism and praise where appropriate
  • Someone who's somewhat open-minded to new ideas.
  • Someone who doesn't come off as rude, immature, arrogant or pretentious.
  • Someone who has the drive for big goals, yet are able to also be somewhat realistic
  • Be respectful of all people regardless of background, ethnicity, colour, etc.
  • Be approachable and respectable (good people skills)
  • Fun, sociable character.

I think I'd name: Crocefisso, Stringcheze (a year prior to ban), compfreak847, and Pere Grin. There may be more, but that's what comes to mind.

EDIT -

Just all around friendliness is what I look for.

I don't see people who start fights as 'good' members.

Whilst inciting 'fights' may be wrong, I feel one must be able to stand their ground and defend their own views in a constructive way in order to be considered a 'good member'.

Someone who isn't a [bleep] and contributes their viewpoint to topics.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I really don't mind people who challenge ideas and comments, so long as they do it in a mature way and not like 'hurr I am right, you are wrong. I wont listen to your arguments at all'. This isn't 4chan, it isn't really good to just totally ignore someone elses point of view.

Just generally though, someone that pushes the boundaries and brings up interesting and somewhat obscure, yet very interesting points or discussions. I especially like people with a strong point of view, so long as debating with them is not like debating with a brick wall :)

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Whilst inciting 'fights' may be wrong, I feel one must be able to stand their ground and defend their own views in a constructive way in order to be considered a 'good member'.

By fights, I mean ones that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Attacking someone's posting style or the person themselves, for instance.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I've always viewed good tip.it member as someone who contributes an honest, from the heart thoughtful post to a discussion. Someone who respects other posters, and doesn't act innocent around friends when they have been banned and warned :P. People who are thoughtful, dedicated, driven, and capable of thinking, i admire those who can question authority, and both understand the need for it. I think the bottom line though, is a user who respects the other users, is a good member.

They are becoming rare these days, and it's sad. Tip.it's our community, our house, OURS, we make it what we want, and from the general posting style of the masses, no one seems to want much overall, it's depressing.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

By fights, I mean ones that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Attacking someone's posting style or the person themselves, for instance.

But if someone's posting style is not conducive to debate, it must be rectified, otherwise by definition they aren't a good Tip.It member.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I've always viewed good tip.it member as someone who contributes an honest, from the heart thoughtful post to a discussion. Someone who respects other posters, and doesn't act innocent around friends when they have been banned and warned :P. People who are thoughtful, dedicated, driven, and capable of thinking, i admire those who can question authority, and both understand the need for it. I think the bottom line though, is a user who respects the other users, is a good member.

They are becoming rare these days, and it's sad. Tip.it's our community, our house, OURS, we make it what we want, and from the general posting style of the masses, no one seems to want much overall, it's depressing.

What about... skeptics? No, really, people who take a slightly cynical view of the world, a bit like me.

http://www.cracked.c...ent-techniques/

There's far too much of that happening on these very forums.

I've had this in my signature for the longest time.

Your sig introduced me to Cracked a long time ago. icon_e_biggrin.gif