The Second Thousand - A Noob's Journey (Less Than 80 Levels Left)

Wow GregorDgrim, You sir have definatly come a long way from when we last spoke. Well done Buddy! There's so many awesome levels! Keep at it my friend.

~ AFO Zodiac

"A pile of wealth, or a pile of bones" - Zodiac Lotus 2014.

10 year veteran cape - 03/03/15

Zodiac_lotus.png

Cerri - thanks for reminding me about the changes to poisoning with EoC. That makes sense. Thanks for the comments, Low_Levelled and AFO Zodiac (nice name change, by the way).

I took care of two Daily Challenges yesterday. One was the standard dungeoneering challenge, which is my favorite because of the amount of experience granted. I completed floor 14, earning 5K experience for the floor and 54K bonus experience, which resulted in reaching a new level (73). While in Daemonheim, I checked my token total and found I had enough to purchase a bonecrusher. This was an exciting moment for me, and I gazed dreamily at my inventory for a solid two or three seconds before snapping back to reality.

The second challenge I completed was to mine seven adamantite ore. I shambled down to the Lumbridge Swamps and mined the two spots there, hopping worlds a few times until gathering enough. That resulted in 17K bonus mining experience, which seems to me to be a decent amount for such a small task.

After that challenge, one would think I would be rushing off to kill some big-boned creatures, to see the bonecrusher in action. One would be thinking incorrectly. Instead, I spent the next three hours in Runespan, siphoning from various nodes and creatures. Not a single bone was crushed, but I did level runecrafting (82).

Total levels = 1,925

I like the fact that you shambled, and not merely walked. I sort of envisioned a somewhat zombie-like state. Or a Thriller dance.

Gratz on the bonecrusher! I got one too and half the time I forget to bring it on tasks. But the promise of passive prayer XP is nice.

• 2 weeks later...

About the only thing I've done in the game over the past two weeks is train in the clan citadel. I also lost my notes so I'm not really sure what all I did, but I did manage to level smithing twice (72, 73).

I charged my clan ring at the BBQ and earned some cooking experience, and I currently have a Daily Challenge to cook 223 cave fish. Unfortunately, they aren't buying quickly at +10% over GE price so I may not get them. I'm not really into paying a bunch extra for some cooking experience.

Short update, but things have been extremely busy in real-life, and it doesn't look to be lightening up any time soon.

Oh, I just remembered one extra thing I put in my notes: I got a rare item on the SoF about ten days ago. Next time you see my pic in a non-combat pose, you'll see the item on my head.

Total levels = 1,927

Thanks for stopping by, Turnpike! Yes, I'm still slacking. All that I've done since last post is:

- complete a Daily Challenge, cooking 223 cavefish. I received an 85K experience reward and 29 runite ore. I noticed that it has become significantly more expensive to cook now, assuming that one is buying the supplies. Things like shark and lobster used to be break-even, but not any longer.

- max in the Clan Citadel. I focused on mining, and reached level 78. I charged the clan ring at the firemaking plot, which gave me a 60K experience bonus.

- burn some maple logs at a bonfire in the GE, and spend the rest of the bonus burning curly roots at the Jadinko lair.

Boring, I know, but things have been very busy.

Total levels = 1,928

• 3 weeks later...

Not long now Gregor, keep it up Mate!! :) rooting for you man, you've come a long way. My new thread, and blog shall be up soon.

Keep on smiling mate, you can do it.

~ AFO Zodiac

"A pile of wealth, or a pile of bones" - Zodiac Lotus 2014.

10 year veteran cape - 03/03/15

Zodiac_lotus.png

• 1 month later...