01-Sep-11 BTS September

Toad

Honestly I'm a little disappointed with this month, all we're getting is a new quest and a few new items. Granted the quest should be awesome and has been a long time coming so hopefully quality > quantity.

Jeez, what more could you want?

It's not a matter of greed, like you're painting it to be. It's just not the norm.

Compare it to the content released in November 2008, the month when WGS was released. We got the following:

• Stealing Creation
  • WGS
  • Holiday event

This month we're getting

• New herb and prayer restore potion
  • Ritual of the Majarrat
  • BXP weekend
  • loyalty rewards

More on a list, but in terms of replay value, not as substantive. BXPW isn't really content, and the loyalty rewards list have no significant impact on gameplay. And for the vast majority of players, this new herb and pot will be useless.

So it's not really a bad thing, but it's just not what we're used to seeing. No harm in saying that--I agree with him in fact. But I'm still completely excited for ROTM :)

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna flip some [cabbage] if the whole Zaros thing fails and you have a sucky ass ending where it just goes back to the norm with Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin.

I expect Zaros to come back and whoop some ass.

Pretty sure Jagex said we will have NO control over what side we pick in the quest or who dies.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

How on Gielinor am I going to raise my levels for all the high-level content that JAGEX keep launching?

I Lol'd all over myself.

Same. Silly Jagex, thinking they bring out high leveled content.

You know how people would cry and complain if a quest had multiple 90+ requirements. It might happen some day, but definitely not any time soon.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed with this month, all we're getting is a new quest and a few new items. Granted the quest should be awesome and has been a long time coming so hopefully quality > quantity.

It's not a matter of greed, like you're painting it to be. It's just not the norm.

Compare it to the content released in November 2008, the month when WGS was released. We got the following:

• Stealing Creation
  • WGS
  • Holiday event

This month we're getting

• Ritual of the Majarrat
  • BXP weekend
  • loyalty rewards

More on a list, but in terms of replay value, not as substantive. BXPW isn't really content, and the loyalty rewards list have no significant impact on gameplay. And for the vast majority of players, this new herb and pot will be useless.

So it's not really a bad thing, but it's just not what we're used to seeing. No harm in saying that--I agree with him in fact. But I'm still completely excited for ROTM :)

Wow, you pretty much just took the words right out of my head.

My only problem with this month is we're basically getting 2 updates, with one of them being just the addition of loyalty rewards which I'm sure they had a lot done when they first released the program. When you compare this to when WGS was released it seems disappointing because we aren't really getting three substantial updates and I kind of feel like Jagex are banking on the quest to hide the fact they don't have a lot for September.

That being said I'm still excited for this new grandmaster quest; I just feel like the content amount for September is substantially less.

How on Gielinor am I going to raise my levels for all the high-level content that JAGEX keep launching?

obvious troll.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Was planning on getting members again before BXP Weekend was announced to stock up on herbs. That went well #-o

Ah well, new quest looks interesting though it would be a good couple of months before I'm even close to having the requirements :-P

Rohanlord.png

Notable solo drops: x3 Bandos boots, x2 Dragonic Visage, x2 Bandos Tassets, x1 Bandos Hilt, x1 Bandos Chestplate

• Stealing Creation
  • WGS
  • Holiday event

This month we're getting

• Ritual of the Majarrat
  • BXP weekend
  • loyalty rewards

I agree with Kimberley here. I have seen quite a lot of people now complaining about that there's so few updates this month. But really, there's quite a lot of new things to arrive in September. It is just that these updates are more of a special or "different" kind. Instead of updating the game and adding to it like we're used to, like when a new minigame is released, the BXPW and the loyalty rewards is more of a 'polish' (or whatever to call it).

I still think we're getting quite a lot and that we should be happy with what we get :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

obvious troll.

Not only that, their idea of High level content is 85 Hybrid gear with impassably [cabbage] drop rates for FOUR mini games. That's not high level, that's highly stupidly frustrating.

Popoto.~<3

Final Classic Re-opening

Have you ever sat listening to the old and wizened seers in your clan councils or local fishing spot as they chew gummily on their stewed lobster and go on and on about the “good old days”' date=' telling you stories of certs, sleeping bags and 3-hit combat? Do they look wistfully at areas just beyond the Paterdomus temple saying “I remember when all this was just sea”? Strange tales indeed, but there was a time when their ramblings were true! If you’re a member and you’re keen to find out more about the early days of RuneScape and the game that started it all off, then take a nostalgic trip to RuneScape Classic.

For the last time this month we are reopening the gates to our true roots and humble beginnings. RuneScape Classic is a very basic and old-school version of RuneScape, but does contain 50 of our original quests and the whole game as it was back in 2003. Don’t forget that if you’re keen to unlock the classic cape this will be your[b'] final[/b] ever opportunity to do this.

Final? This is very disturbing.

So they are finally coming to finish RSC off?

Let the speculations trolling begin.

Ranging gear: Won't be better than any of our current ranging gear. <--- FACT

Don't state speculation as fact, thats just silly.

Thankfully I already have the skills for ROTM and I'm interested in seeing all of the new outfits from Loyalty rewards!

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Here is different, because Tip.It has more than its fair share of high levelled players, but I wonder how much of the RS population as a percentage can actually do ROTM.

If you have the reqs, you have an amazing new quest. If you don't, and the herblore update also turns out to be high levelled, this is basically a content-less month.

Final? This is very disturbing.

So they are finally coming to finish RSC off?

They reopened it and said they would continue to do their reopening sessions...but honestly, after the initial "OMG IM ON CLASSIC--oh hey wait they wiped all my god damn stats" there really isn't a reason to go back. They're wise to discontinue that crap. I don't see it bringing in more members because of how badly they botched the character preservation with no hope of fixing it.

and the herblore update also turns out to be high levelled

94 herb and 91 farm. The only thing we're unsure of is how these seeds are obtained. But other than that, you're exactly right that it's basically a contentless month. I guess that means it was actually rather clever of them to release a BXPW now, but at the same time that's still only 4 days out of thirty and no true content. It happens before the quest release though, which should give anyone ample time to get those last few levels for questing.

So not completely out of their reach, but still, you've got an excellent point.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm gonna flip some [cabbage] if the whole Zaros thing fails and you have a sucky ass ending where it just goes back to the norm with Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin.

Pretty sure Jagex said we will have NO control over what side we pick in the quest or who dies.

Saradomin, Guthix, and Zamorak will team up and push a pillar on Zaros. Sorry. :thumbsup:

Saradomin, Guthix, and Zamorak will team up and push a pillar on Zaros. Sorry. :thumbsup:

Don't forget the incredibly annoying interface you have to use! Also the random dungeon with no explanation just to use Dungeoneering in a quest!

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Don't forget the incredibly annoying interface you have to use! Also the random dungeon with no explanation just to use Dungeoneering in a quest!

The only thing being ROTM couldn't be more justified in using DG; what with daemonheim being where Bilrach is and Bilrach being a mahjaratt who'll have to attend the ritual and what not.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The only thing being ROTM couldn't be more justified in using DG; what with daemonheim being where Bilrach is and Bilrach being a mahjaratt who'll have to attend the ritual and what not.

It could be that Bilrach doesn't need to attend the Ritual if he found what he was looking for in the depths of Daemonheim.

priest_wiz.png

[hide]

It could be that Bilrach doesn't need to attend the Ritual if he found what he was looking for in the depths of Daemonheim.

[/hide]

Maybe one of the pillars in the warped floors landed on him, and he won't be coming to the ritual :rolleyes:

Not only that, their idea of High level content is 85 Hybrid gear with impassably [cabbage] drop rates for FOUR mini games. That's not high level, that's highly stupidly frustrating.

Remember the drop rates on Nex armours the first week, not to mention the time it took to even get a kill (or killcount!), plus the expenditure in supplies used? That's not high level either, that's highly stupidly frustrating!

Just because you didn't get Hybrid legs in all of 2 Soul Wars games doesn't mean that the gear isn't high levelled. Remember, high levelled gear isn't supposed to be easy to come by. At all. I don't see why everyone should be able to run around with all 3 sets within 24 hours of it being released.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Nothing this month that really wants to make me resubscribe and take advantage of the 15% offer. Shame really as I need a game to fill some spare time.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

In hindsight, I'd just like to say that, given the inherent lag issues that I personally experienced while in Darkmeyer, I am sincerely hopeful that if, as and when we get to the boss-fight, that said boss fight is not located in the middle of some bussling city filled with chatty people killing loads of npcs ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

For ROTM I am truly hoping that we will see sub quests like we have seen for RFD but then with WGS epicness, with each subquest being around some mahjarrat, and when the ritual begins (when all subquests are done) that the dragonkin are involved. That way I don't see a problem that dungeoneering is incorporated in one of the subquests, all the storylines that will be tied together can get all the attention they deserve and we will have the quest everybody wants. \:D/

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]