01-Sep-11 BTS September

Toad

For ROTM I am truly hoping that we will see sub quests like we have seen for RFD but then with WGS epicness, with each subquest being around some mahjarrat, and when the ritual begins (when all subquests are done) that the dragonkin are involved. That way I don't see a problem that dungeoneering is incorporated in one of the subquests, all the storylines that will be tied together can get all the attention they deserve and we will have the quest everybody wants. \:D/

Once again -- I love your sig ... <3:

But ...

What happens if, well, Dungeoneering isn't involved with the ROTM, and the Dragonkin are just a whole other can of worms?

I mean, win-win, right? :thumbsup:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH Will H and I came up with a crackpot theory a while ago about Daemonheim, the Rift, and the true connotations of it.

When Saga's were released we had that guy with the library in his head, who said "Spoilers" whenever we asked about the rift - So we thought that he could be River Song - I mean, she died in the Library in Doctor Who, and he favourite line always seems to be "Spoilers" ;) Then we started thinking that the TARDIS could be on the Rift - recharging (those who watch it just remember how many times he's landed in Cardiff to "refule" the TARDIS), and whenever you enter a dungeon you enter into a room of the TARDIS (bigger on the inside ;) ) and we end up saving it because... The Silence/Master have turned it into a Paradox Machine again (Paradox Machine) and the Rift is thus making this machine powerful that it affects the whole of RS....

So yeahs, and what's more is the companions are now in game!

ooooohq.png

So.... INB4RotMisyouactuallyhelpingtheDoctorsaveallknownuniversesandrealities?

Crackpot theory I know, but it would be so friggin awesome if the TARDIS burst out of Dae, and we helped Amelia, Rory and the Doctor to save RS...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

TBH Will H and I came up with a crackpot theory a while ago about Daemonheim, the Rift, and the true connotations of it.

When Saga's were released we had that guy with the library in his head, who said "Spoilers" whenever we asked about the rift - So we thought that he could be River Song - I mean, she died in the Library in Doctor Who, and he favourite line always seems to be "Spoilers" ;) Then we started thinking that the TARDIS could be on the Rift - recharging (those who watch it just remember how many times he's landed in Cardiff to "refule" the TARDIS), and whenever you enter a dungeon you enter into a room of the TARDIS (bigger on the inside ;) ) and we end up saving it because... The Silence/Master have turned it into a Paradox Machine again (Paradox Machine) and the Rift is thus making this machine powerful that it affects the whole of RS....

ooooohq.png

Crackpot theory I know, but it would be so friggin awesome if the TARDIS burst out of Dae, and we helped Amelia, Rory and the Doctor to save RS...

Wow -- need some kleenex after that nerdgasm? :unsure:

:lol:

Yeah yeah -- I will probably get banned for this one -- but it was funny and so I went there ...

<_<

nyuseg.png

Just because you didn't get Hybrid legs in all of 2 Soul Wars games doesn't mean that the gear isn't high levelled. Remember, high levelled gear isn't supposed to be easy to come by. At all. I don't see why everyone should be able to run around with all 3 sets within 24 hours of it being released.

This. A thousand times.

Excited for ROTM.

Looks like I have no choice as to what I'm training on bxp..

ooooohq.png

Yeah yeah -- I will probably get banned for this one -- but it was funny and so I went there ...

<_<

Haha! :P No, not after that one, that wasn't really a nerdgasm, more a massive splurge of thoughts that Will H, myself and a few other friends came up with xD I might have slightly gotten hyper over this though:

BOWTIES ARE COOL!

bowtiesarecool.png

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Very exited over ROTM, the rest seems useless. But I'll get 85-91 construction on the xp weekend, guess that helps.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

ooooohq.png

<_<

Haha! :P No, not after that one, that wasn't really a nerdgasm, more a massive splurge of thoughts that Will H, myself and a few other friends came up with xD I might have slightly gotten hyper over this though:

BOWTIES ARE COOL!

bowtiesarecool.png

Ahaha this made me so happy when I saw this. All we need now is a point where we have to wear a fez for a really contrived reason, because, you know, fezes are cool.

Props to Jagex and our crackpot theories. biggrin.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Brb buying out Fezes from ge just incase....

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Good idea! ;)

To think that they don't have Stetsons in game.

Utterly unfair. Stetsons are cool, too.

So are bow ties, I demand a bow tie!

I'd settle for a contentless month if we got bow ties...

Aye Kim, Stetsons are cool too!

And haha I agree Gingy!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

The Daemonheim story won't interact with ROTM (confirmed by a jmod months ago), so Bilrach is likely to not be attending the Ritual.

I'm excited. The requirements are weird though. There's a lot of buzz on the RSOF right now that ROTM might be the second RFD-esque quest. Their thinking is that the reqs aren't complete. They're missing both Fight Arena and Shadow Sword, which are both pretty important, and we know General Khazard will be in the quest because there's concept art of more pieces of his gear, but if so why wasn't it included in the requirements?!

The skill requirements also seem to be just what is needed to get through Kethsi, rather than the entire quest itself (agility is for Kethsi, the crafting is likely to get the plank down to get further in Kethsi, and the mining is likely for the pickaxe and mining spots that look like they need to be cleared in Kethsi).

They also worded it differently, saying these are the requirements you need to start Ritual of the Mahjarrat, not the requirements you need to get all the way through it.

Supermancav.png

Glad to see ROTM is finally here, not going to resubscribe. No, not yet. At least not until they start selling membership cards where I live! I hope Zemouregal doesn't perish in the ritual, hopefully one of the idiots who backs Zaros.

Seriously, I don't get why the Dungeoneering storyline and the Mahjarrat storyline won't ever intersect. That fact alone tells us Blirach probably wasn't successful in "summoning" Zamorak. I mean, if he was, surely the other Mahjarrat would be involved somehow? I was really hoping for a Grand Unification Quest of sorts that pretty much ties together a bunch of ongoing quests (all the important ones at least) and maybe sets us to the year 170 finally??? It's like Groundhog Day all over again (heheh pun) but instead of stuff actually repeating, just the friggin calendars are broken!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Good idea! ;)

To think that they don't have Stetsons in game.

Utterly unfair. Stetsons are cool, too.

So are bow ties, I demand a bow tie!

I'd settle for a contentless month if we got bow ties...

Aye Kim, Stetsons are cool too!

And haha I agree Gingy!

Yes, Ezzy in a Stetson and a bowtie talking about Dr. Who just screams "Sexy!" :rolleyes:

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Seriously, I don't get why the Dungeoneering storyline and the Mahjarrat storyline won't ever intersect. That fact alone tells us Blirach probably wasn't successful in "summoning" Zamorak. I mean, if he was, surely the other Mahjarrat would be involved somehow? I was really hoping for a Grand Unification Quest of sorts that pretty much ties together a bunch of ongoing quests (all the important ones at least) and maybe sets us to the year 170 finally??? It's like Groundhog Day all over again (heheh pun) but instead of stuff actually repeating, just the friggin calendars are broken!

But that would make sense. ;) It's best to just grin and take whatever Jagex gives you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The Daemonheim story won't interact with ROTM (confirmed by a jmod months ago), so Bilrach is likely to not be attending the Ritual.

It is entirely possible to have Bilrach attend without the Daemonheim story coming up.

The j mods confirmed many mahjaratt story lines won't come up in the ritual as there is too many of them, but that does not rule out characters being present.

I mean we aren't likely to have any furtherance to the Enhkara and Anthankos feud plot arc, but both of them will be there.

All it means/confirms to me is that whatever Bilrach is up to in Daemonheim won't come up in this quest, not that he won't show up; afterall between us sneaking around and cleverly located NPCs and scenery you could have all the mahjaratt there but us not be able to speak too or hear any of them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thinking about it now, I don't think ROTM will follow the subquest style that RFD pioneered. Sure, it's going to be a massive quest and all, but we need to note that while RFD has very low requirements to start it (10 cooking, lol), ROTM has tons and tons of prerequisites. Because RFD was packaged as a quest that everyone could take part in, it was divided into the various subquests with tiered rewards. ROTM is different. It's going to be one huge, massive quest, most likely with a style of many tasks resembling subquests, in a sense, but not actual subquests themselves.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I hope we get to go inside Zemouregal's fortress, that place always did look cool! :D

Means Arrav will be present to help out in the ritual too? Distractions please.

And i'm still curious as to why Rocking Out is a requirement? Unless Rabid Jack intervenes in the ritual somehow? He isn't a Mahjarrat..is he?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I hope we get to go inside Zemouregal's fortress, that place always did look cool! :D

And i'm still curious as to why Rocking Out is a requirement? Unless Rabid Jack intervenes in the ritual somehow? He isn't a Mahjarrat..is he?

Blurb says we get allies (again)

Rocking out I'd say pirate captains help us.

Fairy tale 3 I'd say fairy queen sends help

etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

etc.

Opps, i skipped over that part :L

I suppose that's the more logical idea! Though Rocking out was the quest that revealed a good lot about Rabid Jack, was it not? Though I suppose it is the quest were we make most of the pirate allies too, including that weird guy who gave us the Ex-Parrot :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

etc.

Opps, i skipped over that part :L

I suppose that's the more logical idea! Though Rocking out was the quest that revealed a good lot about Rabid Jack, was it not? Though I suppose it is the quest were we make most of the pirate allies too, including that weird guy who gave us the Ex-Parrot :P

Its when we got the pirates captains confidence and its an Ex-Ex-Parrot fool!

Plv6Dz6.jpg