Toad

01-Sep-11 BTS September

Anybody think it could be a RFD style quest with a sub quest for each main guy getting north and then a final part for when they're all there? Also if done like that do think they could add any more quest requirements? and if so what ones do you think?

They have all gone north already, its like the tagline end to a mahajaratt quest that they head north.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In the ROTM dev blog the mahjarrat quests were all intended to be bundled into a giant quest like RFD, but instead were released in sections. They may go that route if the difficulty proves that great.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Regarding NR, they confirmed multiple times that the Mahjarrat series and Nomad would not cross. Either they scrapped nomad completely or maybe his master is indeed not lucien.

Personally I think Nomad's master may be Drakan, fits the bill for a powerful master and Drakan is obviously up to something. Trying to gain a soul may be a logical choice for this, which would tie into Nomad's soul harvesting thingy.

But who knows, all thats for sure is his master is not Lucien, despite all the "evidence" (that doesn't really evidence any specific person at all), because we know the mahjaratt and nomad stories don't cross

I thought Nomad said something about the North during the quest?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Not to my recollection.

All I recall being "evidence" for Lucien link was he spoke of a powerful master; he used to look like an elite dark mage and an elite dark warrior calls him a traitor during the quest; which is all highly circumstantial evidence as it does not directly point to a specific person.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Shame RSC is getting closed for good.

I believe there should be at least one free server, or let previous players log on without needed a paid account. What could it hurt?

[hide]

Honestly I'm a little disappointed with this month, all we're getting is a new quest and a few new items. Granted the quest should be awesome and has been a long time coming so hopefully quality > quantity.

Jeez, what more could you want?

It's not a matter of greed, like you're painting it to be. It's just not the norm.

Compare it to the content released in November 2008, the month when WGS was released. We got the following:

• Stealing Creation
  • WGS
  • Holiday event

This month we're getting

• New herb and prayer restore potion
  • Ritual of the Majarrat
  • BXP weekend
  • loyalty rewards

More on a list, but in terms of replay value, not as substantive. BXPW isn't really content, and the loyalty rewards list have no significant impact on gameplay. And for the vast majority of players, this new herb and pot will be useless.

So it's not really a bad thing, but it's just not what we're used to seeing. No harm in saying that--I agree with him in fact. But I'm still completely excited for ROTM :)

[/hide]

Before we dive into my point, let's clear some stuff up. Loyalty Rewards will have lots of impact on gameplay, thats the point of buying membership monthly nowadays.... Also, I find Stealing Creation completely useless and if the prayer pot,herb, and loyalty rewards tag team, they are a great match for the mini-game you refer to, (which I dislike by the way).

To business

Don't paint over my painting please, had nothing to do with greed and I wasn't saying it was. I just think people need to start lowering their expectations. I doubt there will be many more November 2008's (which wasn't even a very good example because in both their is an epic quest, some content people might not use/not be interested in or use/be interested in [stealing Creation vs. loyalty items and pray pot], and finally some not really content content [i love Santa and the Easter Bunny a lot, but doing easy tasks for them for items with only looks isn't content]). Jagex is giving us a pretty darn good month, to expect more is naiveté.

Stealing Creation, I warrant, has had a lot more impact on gameplay than the Loyalty rewards at this stage will. Consider collecting a bonus XP tool every 12 minutes (Fast SC), compared to the Jack of All Trades aura, a Tier 2 aura which gives out genie lamp XP boosts. Judging by the powering of the JOAT aura, I can tell straight off that the other Tier 2 auras coming out this month aren't going to be something to rave about either. Anything else cosmetic under the Loyalty Programme is simply not gamechanging. Furthermore, you may not like Stealing Creation, but that does not allow you to discount the impact it has had on this game. I may hate Hunter, but I can't wish away the impact it's had on my gameplay (Juju pots, torstol seed prices etc).

So, if you're buying membership just for Loyalty Points, I'd have to call that very shallow gaming.

By the way, to clear up this point, November 2008 did not introduce Stealing Creation - I released an update to the Stealing Creation reward mechanic, which changed the pricing of Sacred Clay items and made it possible to buy more than 1 morphic tool per game played. Compared to that update to Stealing Creation, everything else expected this month (short of ROTM) really pales in comparison already.

We don't really know a ton about the Loyalty updates, so we can't really assume their impact, but based on the previous stuff and how much Reverence helped my slaying, I'd say the new items will benefit me more then SC ever will. I can discount SC's impact on the game, because this game for me is MY game, what effects me is more important then what doesn't and SC does not impact me at all as apposed to Hunter which affects lots of people. I could care less if it helps some level up faster (SC effect) as apposed to fluctuating prices on farming items (Hunter impact). I like Farming and I am impacted there so that is important, as apposed to SC which just impacts highscores. SC might be more impacting on the game as a whole, but not on my game which is what I care about (not to say I don't care about good updates for others and the welfare of the community).

Please don't call my gaming shallow with an invalid point that seems to just be meant as a thorn. I didn't say I buy membership for Loyalty Points, I said thats a good reason to buy membership monthly (which I don't even do all the time anyway).

Loyalty rewards were designed to not have significant impact on gameplay, Aceethan. That's why they have short use time and VERY LONG cool-down times. And saying that the only reason to buy membership nowadays is not the tons of content they add (quests, minigames, etc) but these rewards are seems to be...well, very false. Whether we know a ton about them or not, they are not going to be very significant content. They simply weren't designed to be. Enough to whet people's appetites if they're looking for cool things to get for being a long-term member, but let's face it. They're not minigame-type contents, quest-type contents, or anything like that. They're just more items.

hzvjpwS.gif

Loyalty rewards were designed to not have significant impact on gameplay, Aceethan. That's why they have short use time and VERY LONG cool-down times. And saying that the only reason to buy membership nowadays is not the tons of content they add (quests, minigames, etc) but these rewards are seems to be...well, very false. Whether we know a ton about them or not, they are not going to be very significant content. They simply weren't designed to be. Enough to whet people's appetites if they're looking for cool things to get for being a long-term member, but let's face it. They're not minigame-type contents, quest-type contents, or anything like that. They're just more items.

Tbf they did say higher tier auras will have bigger impact, but will cost a lot more to get through the upgrades etc. so are still not a major game changer as they will be quite rare.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

OMG! Read first please! ......... Ok, sorry about that but come on, you can't comment if you're gonna talk about stuff that wasn't even in the previous post.

You : "And saying that the only reason to buy membership nowadays is not the tons of content they add (quests, minigames, etc) but these rewards are seems to be...well, very false."

I never said this in any of my posts!

Me: "thats the point of buying membership monthly nowadays"

Me: "I didn't say I buy membership for Loyalty Points, I said thats a good reason to buy membership monthly (which I don't even do all the time anyway)."

I never ever said the ONLY reason to buy membership is for Loyalty Points, it is actually a very very small benefit from being a member. What I did say was that it was a good reason to buy membership month by month. I admit, a love of the game is a much better reason to buy monthly, but points towards cool items is a nice reason to subscribe immediately month after month.

You: "they are not going to be very significant content. They simply weren't designed to be."

False! Please read my previous comment. Please.

Me: "I can discount SC's impact on the game, because this game for me is MY game, what effects me is more important then what doesn't and SC does not impact me at all as apposed to Hunter which affects lots of people. I could care less if it helps some level up faster (SC effect) as apposed to fluctuating prices on farming items (Hunter impact). I like Farming and I am impacted there so that is important, as apposed to SC which just impacts highscores. SC might be more impacting on the game as a whole, but not on my game which is what I care about (not to say I don't care about good updates for others and the welfare of the community)."

Loyalty Rewards (Reverence Aura in this case) helped me a lot. SC will never help me. So yes, it is significant content, even if it is just significant to me. Because if you read the above post (which I hope you will this time) I never ever said Loyalty rewards are more significant to everybody then SC, I'm just saying they are more significant to ME. As much as this Year of the Clans supports team gameplay, the game has its roots in individual gaming.

I hope we get to go inside Zemouregal's fortress, that place always did look cool! :D

Means Arrav will be present to help out in the ritual too? Distractions please.

And i'm still curious as to why Rocking Out is a requirement? Unless Rabid Jack intervenes in the ritual somehow? He isn't a Mahjarrat..is he?

Blurb says we get allies (again)

Rocking out I'd say pirate captains help us.

Fairy tale 3 I'd say fairy queen sends help

etc.

Opps, i skipped over that part :L

I suppose that's the more logical idea! Though Rocking out was the quest that revealed a good lot about Rabid Jack, was it not? Though I suppose it is the quest were we make most of the pirate allies too, including that weird guy who gave us the Ex-Parrot :P

Its when we got the pirates captains confidence and its an Ex-Ex-Parrot fool!

What exactly would we gain from an alliance with the pirates though eh? I guess in part IF there was something with the pirates and... *looks around* Rabid Jack was involved, then alright, it would perhaps tie up the loose end that Bill Teach might someday be turned into Blackbeard in game (the real Blackbeard was really called William Teach) and we need to get rid of Rabid Jack for that...

However, the only things against Majarrat we'd gain would be rum and cannons... So are we gona take crates of rum to the ritual area, have a wild party and get them all drunk, and then let the pirates fire on them? I know this is Jagex, but even I wouldn't think they'd do that.

What Octarine spotted though was there were a few pictures of Mos le'Harmless on the Dev Blog for RotM, and also there are loads of strange rocks about the place (you use your ex-parrot on one to bring it back to life or something I've heard) that have magical ressurectional abilities... So I'd say it's more in line with that.

And I agree with the above poster... I find that kinda odd that they don't have NR there too... Just like it's Rocking Out instead of A Clockwork Syringe (thus further disproving the theory of Rabid Jack and the Pirate Captains)...

The pirates are suggested to be a formidable fighting force when necessary, just that the modern world has pushed them to the fringes. Plus the ritual site is quite near the sea and pirates have lots of ships, which could give covering fire with cannons in the big battle.

Personally I think its perfectly logical that it has nothing to do with Rabid Jack, it's got to be something Rocking Out gives us in terms of abilities and allies. The only the things we get are Rabid Jack lore expanded, useless to mahjaratt fight, and the trust of all the pirate captains, which can be useful in raising an army to fight.

Need for Mos Le'Harmless may apply but it can't be the reason for Rocking Out, we only need Cabin Fever for that; kinda like Fairy quests sure we need to get to Kethsi via fairy rings, but that doesn't justify fairy tale 3, all that justifies that is the Queen being indebted to us and again our need for allies. Alos the Dev blog having "alot" of pictures of it is wrong; dev blog has 3 pictures. 1 is mos le'harmless (presumably since jungle horrors are present, but no landmark features to be 100% certain), 1 is fally park, talking to tiffy cashien at a guess by location, 3rd is a "new area" that appears to be a dungeon.

I was sure that the ritual stone/site is actually right by Zemourgles(sp?) fortress which isn't really by the sea so that kinda discounts that theory of covering fire... (see Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien - one of the most recent posts has the co-ordinate location).

And yes the fairy ring does justify Fairy 3 - fairy 3 teaches/shows/allows you to use multiple teles - eg. DIR, tele back, AKS, oh you're in Kethsi. I'm positive someone without Fairy 3 wouldn't be able to do that...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Maybe they have to sneak us into the area by a boat? Then we go south instead of coming up through the mountains?

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

New prayer pot sounds unimpressive.

From what they've said, at 95 prayer it'll restore 50 prayer points (w/o wrench)... over the course of 5 minutes. Meaning, only +1 prayer point every 6 seconds. Things might different if you can "stack" the potions though... like drink 2 doses and get +2 prayer every 6 seconds.

77yLQy8.png

OMG! Read first please! ......... Ok, sorry about that but come on, you can't comment if you're gonna talk about stuff that wasn't even in the previous post.

You : "And saying that the only reason to buy membership nowadays is not the tons of content they add (quests, minigames, etc) but these rewards are seems to be...well, very false."

I never said this in any of my posts!

Me: "thats the point of buying membership monthly nowadays"

Me: "I didn't say I buy membership for Loyalty Points, I said thats a good reason to buy membership monthly (which I don't even do all the time anyway)."

I never ever said the ONLY reason to buy membership is for Loyalty Points, it is actually a very very small benefit from being a member. What I did say was that it was a good reason to buy membership month by month. I admit, a love of the game is a much better reason to buy monthly, but points towards cool items is a nice reason to subscribe immediately month after month.

You: "they are not going to be very significant content. They simply weren't designed to be."

False! Please read my previous comment. Please.

Me: "I can discount SC's impact on the game, because this game for me is MY game, what effects me is more important then what doesn't and SC does not impact me at all as apposed to Hunter which affects lots of people. I could care less if it helps some level up faster (SC effect) as apposed to fluctuating prices on farming items (Hunter impact). I like Farming and I am impacted there so that is important, as apposed to SC which just impacts highscores. SC might be more impacting on the game as a whole, but not on my game which is what I care about (not to say I don't care about good updates for others and the welfare of the community)."

Loyalty Rewards (Reverence Aura in this case) helped me a lot. SC will never help me. So yes, it is significant content, even if it is just significant to me. Because if you read the above post (which I hope you will this time) I never ever said Loyalty rewards are more significant to everybody then SC, I'm just saying they are more significant to ME. As much as this Year of the Clans supports team gameplay, the game has its roots in individual gaming.

I have to say that I agree with you here. Loyalty Rewards is not the only reason for my buying membership each month, but it is a reason to it, of course.

I just wish Jagex could start focusing on more bot-banning updates.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Hmm, so this month we will get a new quest and some 'in other news'-updates.

I hope the quest is any good.

@ the stealing creation debate: at least then they made a brand new minigame and not just rewards.

I hope we get to go inside Zemouregal's fortress, that place always did look cool! :D

Means Arrav will be present to help out in the ritual too? Distractions please.

And i'm still curious as to why Rocking Out is a requirement? Unless Rabid Jack intervenes in the ritual somehow? He isn't a Mahjarrat..is he?

Blurb says we get allies (again)

Rocking out I'd say pirate captains help us.

Fairy tale 3 I'd say fairy queen sends help

etc.

Opps, i skipped over that part :L

I suppose that's the more logical idea! Though Rocking out was the quest that revealed a good lot about Rabid Jack, was it not? Though I suppose it is the quest were we make most of the pirate allies too, including that weird guy who gave us the Ex-Parrot :P

Its when we got the pirates captains confidence and its an Ex-Ex-Parrot fool!

What exactly would we gain from an alliance with the pirates though eh? I guess in part IF there was something with the pirates and... *looks around* Rabid Jack was involved, then alright, it would perhaps tie up the loose end that Bill Teach might someday be turned into Blackbeard in game (the real Blackbeard was really called William Teach) and we need to get rid of Rabid Jack for that...

However, the only things against Majarrat we'd gain would be rum and cannons... So are we gona take crates of rum to the ritual area, have a wild party and get them all drunk, and then let the pirates fire on them? I know this is Jagex, but even I wouldn't think they'd do that.

What Octarine spotted though was there were a few pictures of Mos le'Harmless on the Dev Blog for RotM, and also there are loads of strange rocks about the place (you use your ex-parrot on one to bring it back to life or something I've heard) that have magical ressurectional abilities... So I'd say it's more in line with that.

And I agree with the above poster... I find that kinda odd that they don't have NR there too... Just like it's Rocking Out instead of A Clockwork Syringe (thus further disproving the theory of Rabid Jack and the Pirate Captains)...

The pirates are suggested to be a formidable fighting force when necessary, just that the modern world has pushed them to the fringes. Plus the ritual site is quite near the sea and pirates have lots of ships, which could give covering fire with cannons in the big battle.

Personally I think its perfectly logical that it has nothing to do with Rabid Jack, it's got to be something Rocking Out gives us in terms of abilities and allies. The only the things we get are Rabid Jack lore expanded, useless to mahjaratt fight, and the trust of all the pirate captains, which can be useful in raising an army to fight.

Need for Mos Le'Harmless may apply but it can't be the reason for Rocking Out, we only need Cabin Fever for that; kinda like Fairy quests sure we need to get to Kethsi via fairy rings, but that doesn't justify fairy tale 3, all that justifies that is the Queen being indebted to us and again our need for allies. Alos the Dev blog having "alot" of pictures of it is wrong; dev blog has 3 pictures. 1 is mos le'harmless (presumably since jungle horrors are present, but no landmark features to be 100% certain), 1 is fally park, talking to tiffy cashien at a guess by location, 3rd is a "new area" that appears to be a dungeon.

I was sure that the ritual stone/site is actually right by Zemourgles(sp?) fortress which isn't really by the sea so that kinda discounts that theory of covering fire... (see Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien - one of the most recent posts has the co-ordinate location).

And yes the fairy ring does justify Fairy 3 - fairy 3 teaches/shows/allows you to use multiple teles - eg. DIR, tele back, AKS, oh you're in Kethsi. I'm positive someone without Fairy 3 wouldn't be able to do that...

Beauty of the sea being it wraps all around the land!

Pirates can get on their boats and sail around from their islands to north coast near ritual area!

Also we know it must be quite close to the sea, we didn't take Jhallan that far into the cave to be under the ritual site and cannons can fire along way and the pirates can still land on that northern coast to help us attack.

And that post you mentioned shows the ritual site to be right near the coast!

Also we used stacked fairy rings in part 2 to reach their hideout, its not new to part 3 and I have friends who not done 3 who been to Kethsi.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Why are people trying to compare WGS month to RoTM?

First. Even if RoTM and WGS were equivalent content it's not as though Jagex releases uniform amounts of content every month. Sometimes you get more sometimes you get less. iirc both GWD and DFS were released in the same month in 2008.

But secondly, from what we've been told RoTM and WGS are not equivalent content. RoTM is supposed to be the biggest quest made to date. We won't be able to know how much bigger it is until after the release , but trying to go update by update and compare the months before the centerpiece of the month is released is foolish.

britonlongbo.png

Consider collecting a bonus XP tool every 12 minutes (Fast SC), compared to the Jack of All Trades aura, a Tier 2 aura which gives out genie lamp XP boosts.

No one can get the Jack of all Trades Aura, so calling it a genie lamp XP boost, when we don't know how much XP it will give is misleading. It could give significantly more xp than a genie lamp, making this comparison invalid. While it is unlikely that the aura will outshine Stealing Creation, please don't use misleading or incomplete information to craft an argument.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It was confirmed a while ago by a Jmod on the HLF. I believe Toad told Gwyn (and me) about that.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It was confirmed a while ago by a Jmod on the HLF. I believe Toad told Gwyn (and me) about that.

Interesting, so specifically genie lamp sized boost? and do we have pics etc explaining this? I'm just curious as I had been saving up for it, and wonder if I should spend my points now, instead.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

For the record, with all the Dragonkin lore and such involved with Zanaris, not to mention that the Fairies are incredibly busy and their leader won't be inclined to help you until you beat Fairy Tale Part 3, I find it probable that you'd need that quest done. The Godfather was a bad ruler who caused the Fairies to be much too busy. I find it a lot more likely that the pirates won't be involved, since the only connection we have so far is they have boats and we don't have a sailing skill.

@ Above: I think you should keep saving your points, but wait and see what the aura is like before you buy it. Someone will buy it just to find out.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Those thinking that nomad can appear in the new quest... nomad is not a required quest if I am not mistaken

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Which saddens me most, I've always wanted him to stride along with us against Lucien. :s

Those thinking that nomad can appear in the new quest... nomad is not a required quest if I am not mistaken

I'm not sure the rq's posted in BTS will be all the rqs that are required to finish the quest.

If you look at how they couch the rq's for the all the other quests that have put in BTS

"Requirements for Branches of Darkmeyer"

"in this experienced level quest that has the following requirements:"

"To join him, youll need"

None of them have the caveat that RoTM has "To start".

I may be wrong but it is an interesting addition to put in the description.

britonlongbo.png