what do YOU think?

Mh1456

Whats the point of me setting a game goal of 90+ Runecrafting or 99 Ranged when I know in my mind that bots are back and can do all that 24/7 while regular players are away from the computer? I mean, I would know that I'm legit, but not other people. The only thing you can't bot is the Quest Cape (+1 for you questers, haha). Part of the game is other people seeing your cool stuff (as stupid as that seems, the way I wrote it).. I posted something else a few days ago and I will say again that I think its awesome that the wilderness is 100% dangerous again and free trade is back. But whatever, I guess you can't have everything.

Also, about the people on the forums predicting "Runescape Doomsday", I think they're exaggerating, don't you? Death-of-game predictions happen all the time with every game, and it never happens when they say it will. Runescape will live on, even with the flaws such as botting and what some people see as Jagex being too money oriented, RS receives tons of mostly decent new content every month. The player community isn't great, but it could be worse *cough* World of Warcraft... Everyone hates bots, but you do have to admit that its fun to kill them at green dragons, or lure them when possible.

I want to know what YOU think. Also, sorry my thread turned into kind of a rant/speech.

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

Maxing out or Completionist cape isn't really an achievement everybody has one.

This game when it dies I will never play an MMO again, kind of will be happy when the game dies really.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I think that it's sad that we have so many bots in this game, of course. They ruin the game. The unfair competition is just one problem amongst many with them.

I really wish Jagex will switch their focus from "money-making-updates" like the Refer a Friend program to real game updates, that of course includes handling the bot-problem in a better way. Or actually, they don't need to do it that much more better. They just need to start taking action overall.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Lol everybody has one. That seems a little self centered.

Toad was being sarcastic, or at least I really hope s/he was. I think I speak for the majority here when I say that we're all a bit fed up of the doomsday predictions when they actually don't have much substance. This game is still fun, there's a LOT of content and things to do, and actually, when you think about it, the bots have only infringed on a tiny part of that.

Luckily, that particular discussion has died down a bit now, and people have come to accept that.

Eh, in any case, I'm still going to be here, grinding away. icon_razz.gif

EDIT: I was there when free trade went. What people are saying now is but a smidgen on what people were saying then.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Toad was being sarcastic, or at least I really hope s/he was. I think I speak for the majority here when I say that we're all a bit fed up of the doomsday predictions when they actually don't have much substance. This game is still fun, there's a LOT of content and things to do, and actually, when you think about it, the bots have only infringed on a tiny part of that.

Luckily, that particular discussion has died down a bit now, and people have come to accept that.

EDIT: I was there when free trade went. What people are saying now is but a smidgen on what people were saying then.

I think Runescape is a good game overall, good value for money, we don't pay seperately for content expansions. Every game has bots, people act like there are no bots in other games. I should probably stop reading the forums, ignorance is bliss?

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

For me, any goals that I get I get because they're personal goals. I set those goals, and I want to achieve them, and when I do I get some sort of satisfaction from it.

Some people like training certain skills. People might think they're weird because they don't agree with them, but you'd be surprised. Take for example people who like training Runecrafting. I would never dream of training that skill for weeks on end. I like Firemaking strangely. A lot of people would say to me, why would I like such a skill? It's tedious and boring. It's really up to the eye of the beholder on what is fun in this game, that's what's so good about it. If you insist on trying to please others, then well, that's your thing. To me, I see lots of completionists and maxed capes than I ever saw before. It makes it less of an achievement on the grand scale, yes, but to people personally, it doesn't necessarily.

j0xPu5R.png

agreed on people being far more mad when free trade was removed

the threads hating on it being removed where still present until jan 31st this year...

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I think that it's sad that we have so many bots in this game, of course. They ruin the game. The unfair competition is just one problem amongst many with them.

I really wish Jagex will switch their focus from "money-making-updates" like the Refer a Friend program to real game updates, that of course includes handling the bot-problem in a better way. Or actually, they don't need to do it that much more better. They just need to start taking action overall.

Lol, this made me laugh. "Switch focus from money making updates." Really not their focus, one money making update a month is perfectly acceptable for any company and Jagex releases lots of new and fun game content all the time. Bots are not just a "flip a switch and make em go away" problem. Complicated and adaptable nuisances are bots. There are really not that many things Jagex could do that would not be drastic, and drastic moves upset people. I dislike bots, but don't act like this is a simple problem Jagex is just ignoring.

Because Jagex doesn't release data, one can never know how the game is doing, making both sides of your argument false, actually.

Iplayed when I had goals, then I met the ones that were fun. It was a good 4 years. I might actually come back.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]