Very cheap bandos setup?

Powerfrog

I want to duo bandos with a friend for a little while for FUN. (So lets try and not make all the comments telling me it's not the most efficient thing to at the moment, i know, and i don't care.)

I was wondering what equipment and inventory would be best with only 2m to spend. I own both a chaotic maul and a rapier, and a lent pair of claws.

My stats are 99 strength, 90 attack, 80 defense 80 prayer Low herblore 70 summoning. I have berserker ring (i) and sw cape, i also own void but i don't want to lose anything valuable if (When <_< ) i die, so that isn't an option.

My friend will be in much better gear and has higher defense, so he'll be doing most of the tanking. I'll tank the mage and range minions probably, but i have no idea what gear would be best.

CNqWHdA.jpg

With your stats i can't guarantee you won't get crashed, even if your friend is 138 with overloads and chaotics. But when i first started trioing Bandos i went in gear similar to this:

Nezzy helm

Black hide top

V skirt

D boots

B gloves

SW cape

Fury

RoW(RoL has saved me from Gaar twice, so you might want to consider it your first few trips)

Maul, Rapier w/ ddef, and claws.

Maul is for Gaar, rapier and ddef are for the minis, since Gaar can only spawn once they're dead, it will really speed up your kills to bring the rapier.

You risk very little on death with this setup. You can switch the black hide top for a Karil's top, though you would risk an extra 3.1M on death. Same for swapping out the Nezzy helm for a barrows/Varac's. You would risk the helmet as well. But risk shouldn't worry you as long as your friend is trustworthy and will bless your grave. Though a lot of bando'ers i know can make it back to their grave in under 15 minutes anyway(Assuming you have the best gravestone).

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Neit helm

D hide body

veracs skirt

dragon boots

barrows gloves

Fire cape > soul wars > skill cape

Chaotic maul and rapier

dragon defender

amulet of fury > glory

Neit helm gives a strength bonus. This is recommended over a barrows helm because you friend is tanking the melee damage and you are praying range. this means the only forms of damage you'll be taking are the magic and melee minion. The neitz provies 0 magical defence + a strength bonus, whereas veracs helm costs about 2m, gives -6 magic defence, and no strength bonus. both helms provide a +3 prayer bonus.

Your body and legs are interchangable depending on costs. You may wish to buy karils legs and use a torags top; conversely you can use a karils top and torags legs ( I think karils top is 5m, so if you'd like to use karils as one piece use the skirt). If you do not wish to use any karils, dhide is acceptable. The magical defence provided by the dhide will help defend against the magical attacks from the minions, and the melee barrows piece provides defence against the melee minion.

Dragon boots are really the only option for boots.

Use the highest gloves you can, barrows being the best.

The fire cape provides offensive bonuses and defensive bonuses superior to the soul wars cape. If you feel that prayer will be an issue while fighting then take the blue/red cape instead.

Take both your chaotic maul and the rapier. The maul provides high accuracy vs the big guy, while the rapier is better suited for the lower defence of the minions. Obviously use claw specs only on graar.

Your should bring a dragon defender to aid in killing the minions.

The amulet of fury gives superior defensive, strength, and prayer bonus in comparison to the glory. Both give +10 to all attack stats. A glory is a suitable replacement for the fury.

The above setup is optimal for an extended trip and focuses on defense. If you are going to be in a lootshare enabled world, chances are very likely that you will be crashed. With that in mind, it would be best to wear void to maximize your damage output. Death should not be a fear- if your friend is any good at tanking the trip will go smoothly and you will hardly be put in any sort of danger. Should you die your partner will bless you, and you will be able to return to your gravestone within 15 minutes.

catfight2.jpg

Use the setup that Hexilled posted but I would replace the black d'hide top with a bandos dragonhide top because you need a bandos item. Also you should use a zamorak arrow to make killcount easier.

2496 total achieved June 30, 2013

Use the setup that Hexilled posted but I would replace the black d'hide top with a bandos dragonhide top because you need a bandos item. Also you should use a zamorak arrow to make killcount easier.

That's true, though if you take a dip in the Bandos pool before heading out(Requires As a first Resort) you won't need a bandos item. Though do take a zammy arrow; it had slipped my mind. A Zamorak item is almost essential for kill count.

And Mini is also right about the helms. If you're not the tank, the only damage you'll be taking is possible magic and melee damage. Which means the Nezzy helm is most likely the better option due to less risk and minor boosts to magic defense and damage output. Plus your methods of healing should overide the need for the extra ~20 points in melee defense ;)

Also, on a side note if you take a beast of burden for food, Make sure to make it attack a mini when Gaar spawns. I've accidentally lured Gaar onto me several times by not sending my Beast of Burden to attack one of the minis. Reason behind this is because if your familiar ends up attacking Gaar, he might decide to turn his aggression on the owner of it: You.

This puts you in a tight spot and it's quite possible for most people to panic and not know what to do. Which is, turn on protect from melee and run away from Gaar until the tank regains his aggression.

I now take a fruit bat, as it doesn't engage in combat ;)

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I went a few minutes after posting this in stuff i thought would be good:

Torags helm

Torags body

Veracs skirt

B gloves

Sw cape

Zerk ring (i)

Bandos boots

Zammy arrow

Glory

Chaotic maul

Bat with scrolls (I didn't take a tort because it can attack graardor and make him aggressive to me, and bat is more focused healing than bunyip inbetween kills)

The plan was to let the friend tank all of it but i give food when he was low if i had them (And i did) i prayed range so only really got damaged from the mage and tiny bit from the melee guy, very negliable and healed by the bat for the most part. Really enjoyable experience and i think we ever made a profit despite not getting anything 'big' just from bones and stuff like rune plates.

I forgot to lend claws but it was really funny because we crashed a level 138 and a level 137 both in almost maxed gear for fun not expecting to get anything... FFA. And i got 5/6 loots just using the maul, when they had claws and ags specs and extremes and turmoil and pro gear... I started trolling and being cocky and they rage quit, was pretty funny. (I know that was very lucky and not because 'i'm pro' but i found it hilarious.)

I also got well over 90% of the loots when duoing with the 134 friend, but that's probably because he was tanking and was using a whip. (Hasn't played much until before dungeoneering so he doesn't have any chaotics yet)

Thanks for all the recommendations, i'll have a read through them all carefully so i can plan my next trips. I'm kinda in love with GWD now i know it's not instant death if you're not 99 defense with overloads like i always thought.

Edit: Just read them, next trip i will be taking a berserker helm, as you rightly say, the defense is hardly needed and theres always room for more offense. (Unless i get off my lazy butt and unlock neiz)

Dipping in the pool sounds like too much effort for an extra 4 strength from the dboots, so i'll just stick to bandos boots until i can afford tassets.

I really wasn't tight on prayer and brought way too many pots, if i had a firecape i'd use one.

I don't understand why people recommend dhide or karils though, the mage barely hit me, the bat easily outhealed anything it did hit.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I don't understand why people recommend dhide or karils though, the mage barely hit me, the bat easily outhealed anything it did hit.

we recommend it because wearing full melee gear that is the main source of damage that you'll be taking. Bandos dhide top would allow you to get the extra strength boost from the dragon boots and at the same time protect vs the minion. you can get by with torags, and there's nothing wrong with it ( I wear full bandos when i go instead of tassies and a dhide top) but you will reduce damage taken with a dhide top.

Also for a crashing situation remember void > barrows. without extremes/turmoil that extra damage from void will do you well.

catfight2.jpg

Ideally, the lower levelled player should tank so that the higher levelled one can dps for anticrash unimpeded.

in an anticrash/crash situation you get about 2 hits on graar before he dies. 1 claw spec 1 maul hit. during that time the max damage the tank can take is 600 damage, from 2 max hit ranged attacks from graar. Even in the worst case scenario death is avoidable. Tanking doesnt impede dps.

catfight2.jpg

The reason i didn't tank (Other than it being my first ever time and having awful defense) is because i probably had higher DPS than the 134 anyway. He was using a whip and i'm pretty sure he was also using supers, i'm 99 strength and 90 attack, the maul quite easily makes up for those 9 attack levels and turmoil. (Or at least it certainly looked like it)

I most likely will swap out of the torags body and bandos boots for bandos d'hide and dragon boots in future.

By the way, when tanking, what type of gear is best? High magic defense and pray melee... Or high melee and pray magic? @94 mage 80 defense, also @ 99mage 99 defense if theres a difference

CNqWHdA.jpg