Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Sleep Thread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Horray for insomnia! 6am sleep every day waking up at 9am for uni! Funfunfunfun.......

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
The part of sleep I have never been able to master is the part where you actually get up. If I don't have a reason to get up (class or work), I often keep going back to sleep over and over because I normally wake up during dreams I like, and going right back to sleep allows them to continue. What I need is a bed that electrifies itself for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes after my alarm goes off. 10 minutes is enough to remove the urge to go back to sleep.

For me, the secret to not being tired is having a fairly consistent bed time. I used melatonin (sleeping pill that helps reset the body clock) for about 2 weeks when I knew I would be going to sleep around midnight or earlier every night. The pills were enough to conquer any urge to stay awake, and now I don't need them. My body knows that I am going to sleep between midnight and 1am, and I can no drift off into dreamland in either about 15 minutes, or 30 (I listen to tv shows when I go to sleep, and I always fall asleep around the middle of them for some reason), which ius amazing compared to the hour to hour and a half it takes me to fall asleep when I don't do it at the same time each night.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

The part of sleep I have never been able to master is the part where you actually get up. If I don't have a reason to get up (class or work), I often keep going back to sleep over and over because I normally wake up during dreams I like, and going right back to sleep allows them to continue. What I need is a bed that electrifies itself for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes after my alarm goes off. 10 minutes is enough to remove the urge to go back to sleep.

For me, the secret to not being tired is having a fairly consistent bed time. I used melatonin (sleeping pill that helps reset the body clock) for about 2 weeks when I knew I would be going to sleep around midnight or earlier every night. The pills were enough to conquer any urge to stay awake, and now I don't need them. My body knows that I am going to sleep between midnight and 1am, and I can no drift off into dreamland in either about 15 minutes, or 30 (I listen to tv shows when I go to sleep, and I always fall asleep around the middle of them for some reason), which ius amazing compared to the hour to hour and a half it takes me to fall asleep when I don't do it at the same time each night.

http://www.amazon.co...16363364&sr=8-3

If there's something really important to wake up for, this may be helpful for you.

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I'm so tired I feel like I'm going to throw up.

This week is so [cabbage]ty so far.
Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
I'm only getting about 4- 5 hours of good sleep each night. I'm getting worried what will happen when it catches up to me.

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
So the other night I was dreaming. And then I knew that my dream couldn't be possible in reality, so I woke myself up and convinced myself it was possible, because I was seeing it before my own eyes.

And then I woke up in the morning and realized it wasn't possible, and that I had woken up from a dream within a dream.

No, I'm not trying to be funny and play at that Inception movie. I literally woke up from a dream in a dream, convinced myself I was awake, and therefore what was happening around me was real.

Real trippy. :unsure:
Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts
I can function on 2-4 hours of sleep but since I don't have school or a job right now I've just been sleeping A LOT. I'll go to bed at 5-7 a.m. then wake up around 8-9 a.m. and feel fine, but then I just close my eyes again and try to fall back asleep. Once I get back to sleep though, I usually don't wake up until 12-3 p.m.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies
I love the feeling of naturally waking up early and going back to sleep, but it makes me feel terrible when I wake up the second time. Usually when I force myself to not go back to sleep, I feel better the whole day, and my morning is much more productive.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

I'm only getting about 4- 5 hours of good sleep each night. I'm getting worried what will happen when it catches up to me.

Proud Brony

Go get some rest.

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
I woke up to it raining and misting outside. It was really refreshing, and I felt like I had gotten a good night's rest cause of it.
Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
I too had a really refreshing night, and I needed it cause I'm starting a cold. For some reason I dreamed way more than usual, and wrote it down right after I woke up. If anyone is interested I pasted them here, if not then don't bother since it'll waste your time reading it.

dreams

Posted Image

i_love_burritos
[ Display Name History ]

i_love_burritos

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts
I've been getting a solid 8 per night, due to midsem break. Feels good man.

(not like I went to my 8AM lectures anyway hahar.) Usually make sure that I get 6 (I can function just fine) during the semester.

Sleep is important people. Make sure you get what you need.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts
I've been having nightmares lately. They don't happen every night, but usually 1-2 times a week. The start of the nightmare is never the same, but it always ends the same way.... With me pulling my teeth out one at a time until they're all sitting in front of me. They always come out very easily too, like they were hardly even connected to anything. Right after that happens the whole dream turns into a blur and I wake up shortly after and then feel my teeth to make sure they're still there.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

i_love_burritos
[ Display Name History ]

i_love_burritos

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts
They'll stop once your girlfriend gets her period. During which time you'll have waking nightmares.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

They'll stop once your girlfriend gets her period. During which time you'll have waking nightmares.

Haha, well she actually agreed to take the pill. I texted her while she was at school and her response was something along the lines of "YES, GO GET IT NOW". So that's a relief.

As for the nightmares though, I've been having them for a few months. I think it's just because I know that using chewing tobacco is going to mess up my teeth and that fear manifests itself into my dreams. I really need to stop chewing...

lizzywizzy
[ Display Name History ]

lizzywizzy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:lizzy_wizzy
I actually sleep more now than I did when I was pregnant or before I was pregnant.

I usually try to go to sleep around midnight (tonight its almost 2am but I dont have the baby tonight) and Freya will usually wake up at 7am for a bottle, usually I give her the bottle and she goes back to sleep. usually I either go back to sleep with her and wake up at 9:30am with her, or I stay up and have some breakfast and catch up on the telly I have on series record.

It is very rare that I remember a dream, but when I do, it is usually a stupidly random dream, like last night I dreamt I went out on a date with my best friend - who is actually gay - in the dream he was only 15 (Im 26) but we went out on the date anyway. We went to my place and he was going to cook me dinner, it was my old flat we went to though, and for some reason I had bunk beds in my room.

I had to get changed for some reason but I couldnt find anything to wear, when I eventually found something to wear, I left the room to go into the kitchen only Seb looked grown up and he told me off saying he had waited years for me to find something to wear. I woke up feeling bad, and slightly creeped out that my dream self would consider going out on a date with a 15 year old lol.

Also the other night I dreamt that my brother and his fiance had split up because she cheated on him and he was moving home, my only thought in the dream was poop I still have boxes of stuff in that room, where am I going to put that now????? no feeling sorry for his relationship breaking up lol

I am currently on anti-depressants which were making me sleepy as hell, so I started taking them before bed and I always had weird dreams, I would wake up from them knowing they were weird, but never really remembering them. the sleepyness is slowly waring off though thankfully.

Returnofmic
[ Display Name History ]

Returnofmic

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • RSN:Ts Return
  • Clan:TeamSweden
I ought to get more sleep, but the interwebs are so exciting, one does not simply leave.

Posted Image

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
Set a reasonable time to go to bed and wake up. Stop all brain-intensive activity (as to give your brain a rest from constant stimulation) - your brain should be able to wind down much easier, therefore giving you much better sleep.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
This is rather frustrating - I seem to be getting sufficient sleeping hours, but I still feel tired as though I've stayed up all night when I attend school. Is it oversleeping, or my body trying to catch all the missed sleep?

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
[quote name='Armorare' timestamp='1321333286' post='5093425']
[quote name='star_in_the_sky' timestamp='1321311540' post='5092844']
Dang, slept 4 hours yesterday, got up at 7:30 and can't even get to sleep at 11pm. Bodyclock, y u no work???!
[/quote]

12:00 am and I cannot sleep.

I think I am unable to fall asleep primarily due the very thing (or person) I've been ranting on about for awhile.
[/quote]

I hate this too. [quoted from Today...]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users