The Sleep Thread

Assume Nothing

I too had a really refreshing night, and I needed it cause I'm starting a cold. For some reason I dreamed way more than usual, and wrote it down right after I woke up. If anyone is interested I pasted them here, if not then don't bother since it'll waste your time reading it.

[hide=dreams]-After drinking 4 beers at a bar with friends, I started my car. I remember noticing I had left the windows cracked open from last morning (I never do this in real life) and start moving. But it's going in reverse! I try hitting the brakes but it gives the car more gas. I then hit a wooded area before falling backwards off a cliff, actually feeling zero gravity, then woke up gasping for air and whole body tingling.

-Back to "reality". My parents tell me my philosophy of science who looks like a goblin (also I loath him) is coming for dinner. He pulls up in a two hummer sized maserati, I go downstairs to get ready to go out since I don't want to eat with him. Turns out he brought his wife and daughter. I go upstairs to greet them and accidentally look at his wifes cleavage. Daughter comes out of the bathroom and I'm at a loss for words. It's like I'm 13 again so I eat my food in silence.

-The bearded guy from Epic Meal Time becomes a publicly loves terrorist. I'm on my school's campus when I see him bust out an AK-47 and take aim down a street. I bolt, but also remember that the mornings news predicted he will spice his terrorist acts up today which is contradictory to the single AK-47 I saw him shooting with. All of a sudden the store shops to my left and right start exploding from the inside, and the street starts getting bombarded. I run into an underground shopping center that hasn't blown up yet and right when I'm about to hop on an elevator the building loses power and everyone falls to their deaths. I take the stairs, and I'm now in a small hallway with bathrooms to my right. I hear ticking to my right, and two asians run and hide in the women's bathroom. For some reason somebody had to be in the room with the bomb, so one exited and entered the men's room. Surely enough there's an explosion, and the only the asian from the men's bathroom exits. We're now officially buddies and run off together. The attack is over now and we're in a makeshift hospital in a daycare, perfectly in health. We're some of the only survivors of the attack. The EMT dude is fine too but for some reason is planned to be moved to a hospital, and now that the asian guy and I have witnessed his brutality, we wanted to kill him. So he stabbed himself with a pen to make it look like he got shot then stabbed me too. We walk up valiantly to the bearded EMT guy and threaten our plan to murder him when he gets up, making us notice his bloody underwear. He had stabbed himself in the balls with a pen in order to get the juries sympathy so he can strike once again. All hope is lost and I finally wake up.[/hide]

hiccup.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting a solid 8 per night, due to midsem break. Feels good man.

(not like I went to my 8AM lectures anyway hahar.) Usually make sure that I get 6 (I can function just fine) during the semester.

Sleep is important people. Make sure you get what you need.

I've been having nightmares lately. They don't happen every night, but usually 1-2 times a week. The start of the nightmare is never the same, but it always ends the same way.... With me pulling my teeth out one at a time until they're all sitting in front of me. They always come out very easily too, like they were hardly even connected to anything. Right after that happens the whole dream turns into a blur and I wake up shortly after and then feel my teeth to make sure they're still there.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

They'll stop once your girlfriend gets her period. During which time you'll have waking nightmares.

Haha, well she actually agreed to take the pill. I texted her while she was at school and her response was something along the lines of "YES, GO GET IT NOW". So that's a relief.

As for the nightmares though, I've been having them for a few months. I think it's just because I know that using chewing tobacco is going to mess up my teeth and that fear manifests itself into my dreams. I really need to stop chewing...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I actually sleep more now than I did when I was pregnant or before I was pregnant.

I usually try to go to sleep around midnight (tonight its almost 2am but I dont have the baby tonight) and Freya will usually wake up at 7am for a bottle, usually I give her the bottle and she goes back to sleep. usually I either go back to sleep with her and wake up at 9:30am with her, or I stay up and have some breakfast and catch up on the telly I have on series record.

It is very rare that I remember a dream, but when I do, it is usually a stupidly random dream, like last night I dreamt I went out on a date with my best friend - who is actually gay - in the dream he was only 15 (Im 26) but we went out on the date anyway. We went to my place and he was going to cook me dinner, it was my old flat we went to though, and for some reason I had bunk beds in my room.

I had to get changed for some reason but I couldnt find anything to wear, when I eventually found something to wear, I left the room to go into the kitchen only Seb looked grown up and he told me off saying he had waited years for me to find something to wear. I woke up feeling bad, and slightly creeped out that my dream self would consider going out on a date with a 15 year old lol.

Also the other night I dreamt that my brother and his fiance had split up because she cheated on him and he was moving home, my only thought in the dream was poop I still have boxes of stuff in that room, where am I going to put that now????? no feeling sorry for his relationship breaking up lol

I am currently on anti-depressants which were making me sleepy as hell, so I started taking them before bed and I always had weird dreams, I would wake up from them knowing they were weird, but never really remembering them. the sleepyness is slowly waring off though thankfully.

Set a reasonable time to go to bed and wake up. Stop all brain-intensive activity (as to give your brain a rest from constant stimulation) - your brain should be able to wind down much easier, therefore giving you much better sleep.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

This is rather frustrating - I seem to be getting sufficient sleeping hours, but I still feel tired as though I've stayed up all night when I attend school. Is it oversleeping, or my body trying to catch all the missed sleep?

• 1 month later...

Dang, slept 4 hours yesterday, got up at 7:30 and can't even get to sleep at 11pm. Bodyclock, y u no work???!

12:00 am and I cannot sleep.

I think I am unable to fall asleep primarily due the very thing (or person) I've been ranting on about for awhile.

I hate this too.

I looove sleep, but due to random work schedules, I tend to have a varying amount of sleep. I like having 8 hours, and often I do. Sometimes I end up with 12+ hours, other times I only achieve 4 hours.

I tend to be a deep sleeper, but I also sleep talk like mad, move around, sleep walk, etc. Luckily it never seems to wake me up (except once when I found myself in the hallway).

Sleep = awesome though. I think my GF hates me for the amount of time I spend sleeping..

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

For waking up - Put your alarm over the other side of the room , as when it goes off you'll HAVE to get up to turn it off.

I tried this once. ONCE. I hated myself far too much in the morning to do it again to myself.

For waking up - Put your alarm over the other side of the room , as when it goes off you'll HAVE to get up to turn it off.

I tried this once. ONCE. I hated myself far too much in the morning to do it again to myself.

Oh okay then haha. :P

It's the only possible way to get me up, so for me its great.

I'm getting 5 hours sleep TOPS per day and I'm pretty sure its woman-related. Oh well, I guess thats life right?

</3

hiccup.png

I looove sleep, but due to random work schedules, I tend to have a varying amount of sleep. I like having 8 hours, and often I do. Sometimes I end up with 12+ hours, other times I only achieve 4 hours.

I tend to be a deep sleeper, but I also sleep talk like mad, move around, sleep walk, etc. Luckily it never seems to wake me up (except once when I found myself in the hallway).

Sleep = awesome though. I think my GF hates me for the amount of time I spend sleeping..

It's kinda weird that you're unaware of being a deep sleeper. According to a friend of mine who stayed at my home for awhile, I found out I was a deep sleeper because he mentioned it. What I didn't like was that he tried a varietiy of things to get me to wake up, which explains why I sometimes found myself with my bedsheets on the other side of the room and sometimes weird minor bruises.

Odd I never can achieve 10+ hours of straight sleep, even when I was sick.

I love sleeping way too much. If I want to wake up at 10 I'll set my alarm for 9, then reset it to 10, then at 10 I'll reset it to 11 and MAYBE wake up. It's bad.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.