14-Sept-2011 � Ritual of the Mahjarrat

Saradomin_Mage

Silly glitch when you go into the house east of Edgeville. Those lunatics are still babbling on about Lucien, but I don't have the heart to tell them... But apparently I just completed Temple of Ikov? Oh, what I would give to be a nub again.

28wfekj.png

Then my account got rolled back to June 17, 2002 and time collapsed in on itself.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, I could've sworn that, if you rightclicked good ole Azzy to examine him, his name was Azzandra (missing an "a" in there)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Are the Mahjarrat designs changed in their other quests?

They all look same as their prior quests except Khazard & Azzandra who were in human form to blend in.

Hazeel I'm not sure but I vague recall him being mahjratt look since they updated hazeel cult.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Are the Mahjarrat designs changed in their other quests?

They all look same as their prior quests except Khazard & Azzandra who were in human form to blend in.

Hazeel I'm not sure but I vague recall him being mahjratt look since they updated hazeel cult.

It sucks that you cant go and talk to Sliske after the quest is done. I don't care if he tried to enslave me, he's still the best one of the lot.

Sylpheed.png

Does Sliske even realize that you've been working with Azzanadraa in order to restore Zaros to power? Why would he attack someone that's been helping to restore his god? :mellow:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Does Sliske even realize that you've been working with Azzanadraa in order to restore Zaros to power? Why would he attack someone that's been helping to restore his god? :mellow:

Because mahjratt all have their own goals and rarely co-operate; besides Sliske obviously isn't too fussed if he was he would of done something by now. Afterall he's been free where as Azzandra was imprisoned until we recently freed him.

Sliske likes having his powerful toys, you as a great hero of the age are an obvious choice.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

He was trying to turn you into a wight to make a pawn out of you. Weather you're working with Azzandra or his slave, it's all the same to him.

Although Sliske technically is allied with Zaros, he's pretty much a secretive jerk and nobody else really likes him. He's probably as self serving as Lucien, but he's not up front about it and waits for his opportunities rather than actively seeking them out, because he prefers to hide where it's safe.

And that's why Lucien is the shrimp on the barbie, and he's not.

side note: does that mean that if we get sliske to kill more people, we can has more barrow?

8f14270694.jpg

Although Sliske technically is allied with Zaros, he's pretty much a secretive jerk and nobody else really likes him. He's probably as self serving as Lucien, but he's not up front about it and waits for his opportunities rather than actively seeking them out, because he prefers to hide where it's safe.

side note: does that mean that if we get sliske to kill more people, we can has more barrow?

Additionally, does this mean that he can only channel his powers through servants and/or is physically weak?

He did no actual combat himself; I watched pretty closely...

2dgucz6.png

Got my final Mining and Agility level today and not long after finished the quest. Story line was amazing, dialog was awesome and the cut scene's, best cut scenes in the game so far?

As for the final fights, i took a full invent and PakYak full of rock tails, 5 super restores and 2 Sara brews, a Tele and a dds. I did all the fights with that. Not to mention it was my first attempt also :)

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Additionally, does this mean that he can only channel his powers through servants and/or is physically weak?

Zemouregal described him as one of the more powerful Mahjarrat, though he also says he's "a slippery fellow" so he may have not been at some former rituals which would have diminished his power. He summoned the brothers during the fights before the sacrifice so he wouldn't have had his power fully restored by then.

queste.png303/324

Well, when you think about it, the barrows brothers have their own power, even though it was cultivated and ultimately enslaved by Sliske. It's like a relay, where Sliske uses a small amount of power to control the much greater strength of the barrows brothers. At least that's what I think. I wouldn't want to fight Sliske head-on even without the brothers on his side.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well, when you think about it, the barrows brothers have their own power, even though it was cultivated and ultimately enslaved by Sliske. It's like a relay, where Sliske uses a small amount of power to control the much greater strength of the barrows brothers. At least that's what I think. I wouldn't want to fight Sliske head-on even without the brothers on his side.

As far as I remember, the Barrows brothers were powerful, but their abilities (otherwise "powers") were given to them by Sliske. I didn't see Akrisae do much during the fight / I don't remember how Akrisae fought before he was turned into another BB, but I wouldn't think his robes were Barrows "grade". Another question of mine is whether this is another detail of Sliske's transformation ability or a simple continuity gap... And of course how the abilities of the wight are chosen...

... And if we were wearing a Barrows set if we'd just have become another copy of that Barrows brother lol.

2dgucz6.png

I actually like Sliske, altho he can be a real jerk but even if he tried to "enslave" us, I think it was made canon he can only do so with the weak-minded, and Akrisae wasn't exactly a tough head, maybe he was just trying to see if we could resist his attempt, afterall, all of the zarosian mahjarrats made us, in one way or another, prove our "loyalty": Azzanadra through the multiple tasks he gives us, Jhallan by helping him find a place to hide, Wahisietel by making us provide information about other mahjarrats and making us help Azzanadra and Arrav, even if we helped Hazeel in the past (which actually gives him reasons to suspect about us and hide his real identity) and of course, Akthanakos by making us help him scape his prison.

Also, anyone else noticed 2 mahjarrats missed the ritual?

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

At the end of the quest you pick a number between 1-5 to hide the Stone of Jas. Do you think this will be needed in future? Like for us to remember? He said it was to do with coordinates, do you think will can find it again without a new quest?

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

[hide=]

word on the street is that bilrach is dead, apparently the dungeoneering "strange power" killed him, or his death is heavily implied

[/hide]

akr.png

:blink:

Also, the question from the FAQ caught my interest:

“Why did you release bolts that are only useful on specific monsters, instead of bolts that are above rune for bossing and PvP?”

Paul: I think it provides more gameplay depth if different equipment is useful in different situations. Not every new weapon needs to be something that will send the previous best weapon obsolete and then become obsolete itself when the next new weapon comes out. Bolts that are strong against specific creatures also gives me the opportunity to provide storyline clues.

So, perhaps Wallasalkibane and Basiliskbane arrows/bolts aren't going to be that useless after all?

EDIT:

[hide=]

word on the street is that bilrach is dead, apparently the dungeoneering "strange power" killed him, or his death is heavily implied

[/hide]

Heavily implied by what?

[hide]When Jhallan is sacrificed in a cutscene, you might notice the Strange Power animation playing on your character, Akrisae and Tiffy.[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Heavily implied by what?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bilrach

[hide=quote]

Bilrach did not attend to 18th Ritual of Rejuvination. This suggests that he is either dead, or much weaker due to not getting rejuvinated. If you speak to Ali the Wise after the Ritual of the Mahjarrat, he will discuss the strange power that occurred before Dungeoneering was released. He will confirm that the strange power was "A case of the wrong Mahjarrat being in the wrong place at the wrong time.." and that it was "Such a waste of power."

In the quest Ritual of the Mahjarrat, when two other mahjarrat die, a similiar strange power occurs and lifts all humans present at the ritual. Ali the Wise also confirms this phenomenon, saying "When one of our kind dies, all that they were dissipates from their body."

-end quote-

So Bilrach finds what he's looking for in Daemonheim, but it is too powerful and it kills him (or he doesn't find it but something kills him anyway), this caused the strange power event and allowed us players to enter Daemonheim.

[/hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

Heavily implied by what?

[hide=quote]

Bilrach did not attend to 18th Ritual of Rejuvination. This suggests that he is either dead, or much weaker due to not getting rejuvinated. If you speak to Ali the Wise after the Ritual of the Mahjarrat, he will discuss the strange power that occurred before Dungeoneering was released. He will confirm that the strange power was "A case of the wrong Mahjarrat being in the wrong place at the wrong time.." and that it was "Such a waste of power."

In the quest Ritual of the Mahjarrat, when two other mahjarrat die, a similiar strange power occurs and lifts all humans present at the ritual. Ali the Wise also confirms this phenomenon, saying "When one of our kind dies, all that they were dissipates from their body."

-end quote-

So Bilrach finds what he's looking for in Daemonheim, but it is too powerful and it kills him (or he doesn't find it but something kills him anyway), this caused the strange power event and allowed us players to enter Daemonheim.

[/hide]

But how powerful would Bilrach have to have been when he died for his death to be felt so far away? Do any of the seers say anything about feeling the ritual like what they did about the opening of daemonheim?

And wasnt zaros's attempt to return to the world supposed to be kept quiet for now? So why did Azzandara start blasting away with god power and shouting zaros at the top of his lungs? Wouldn't that have tipped off the half dozen most powerful zammy followers and some of the stronger saradomin followers that something was up?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

[hide=]

[/hide]

Heavily implied by what?

[hide=quote]

-end quote-

[/hide]

But how powerful would Bilrach have to have been when he died for his death to be felt so far away? Do any of the seers say anything about feeling the ritual like what they did about the opening of daemonheim?

And wasnt zaros's attempt to return to the world supposed to be kept quiet for now? So why did Azzandara start blasting away with god power and shouting zaros at the top of his lungs? Wouldn't that have tipped off the half dozen most powerful zammy followers and some of the stronger saradomin followers that something was up?

[hide]Because when rejuvenated he could take on entire armies by himself, Azzanadra is easily the stronegest of them. See zemourgal's notes: they were scared to free him even after he was imprisoned for more than 4-5 rituals. With him at this power level Zaros' rebirth cannot be stopped. Btw since when can a mahjarrat die from a simple wound? I thought they were kinda, immortal? (except for the ritual)[/hide]

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Heavily implied by what?

[hide=quote]

-end quote-

[/hide]

[hide]Because when rejuvenated he could take on entire armies by himself, Azzanadra is easily the stronegest of them. See zemourgal's notes: they were scared to free him even after he was imprisoned for more than 4-5 rituals. With him at this power level Zaros' rebirth cannot be stopped. Btw since when can a mahjarrat die from a simple wound? I thought they were kinda, immortal? (except for the ritual)[/hide]

[hide]Normally a Mahjarrat wouldn't die from just a fleshwound. However, Lucien was stabbed with the Staff of Armadyl, a weapon that was capable of banishing a god.[/hide]

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

[hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

Heavily implied by what?

[hide=quote]

-end quote-

[/hide]

[/hide]

[hide]I think it's safe to assume at this point that the dragonkin are not simply guardians of the Stone of Jas but something more. Their "rage" at its use, ability to sense who has used the stone, and track down its location (see Kethsi) suggests there is a strong, unique connection linking the two. Since we know the Stone is a powerful artifact that can give the user a number of abilities, it's not much of a stretch of the imagination that the dragonkin can call upon a vestige of that power and turn it against Lucien.

Besides Azzanadra, who was suggested to be immortal when he was sealed up in his pyramid, none of the Majharrat have that ability. After all, one of them has to be sacrificed to die at each ritual.[/hide]

Tact.gif