Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

14-Sept-2011 – Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mierin

Sorry if this has already been discussed/discovered, but I don't want to go through 16 pages of mostly hide tags looking for it... xD

Has the set effect for Akrisae's been discovered yet? I'm really curious to know (as we all are, I'm sure).

Restores prayer, also see the screenshot thread for pictures :).

Dragonbane bolts have +82 ranged strength and around 1.5-2x the max on blue dragons, but seemingly not on irons.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
Do dragonbane bolts works on the KBD? Not that I'd be killing it any time soon, but just wondering out of curiosity's sake.

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games
Where is the new brother's barrow located in relation to the other 6?
Posted Image303/324

DRUMINATOR17
[ Display Name History ]

DRUMINATOR17

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Where is the new brother's barrow located in relation to the other 6?

Think I heard in an extension of Verac's tomb earlier in this thread.
CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK
Posted Image
Posted Image
List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...

hatebringer
[ Display Name History ]

hatebringer

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,555 posts
  • RSN:Rage Forever
<3 the new barrows set I can't wait to get a set lol
99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength
Gamertag: H8tebringer

Posted Image

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kiettaro
I am not saying that I am awesome or even that I am disappointed but the fights at the end of the quest were ridiculously easy.

I went in for a test run because I had been hearing about how difficult it was (and even saw several graves at the start). During my test run I had 1 prayer potion, an extreme set (didn't use), 10 unicorn scrolls (used 2), and the rest sharks (used 2). I was wearing full prossy, a glory for teleport, an enhanced Excalibur, and barrows gloves, dragon boots. With this step up I raped every step of the way. I imagine that if I were dumb enough to get hit by the 'special' of Luciens it may have been harder but even then the 2 sharks I used were because of that.

I never banked, I never got hit and never used a guide (as there isn't one yet... may write one :P) . I am not even maxed... so to me the bosses were underwhelming.

Otherwise it was an amazing quest and I cannot wait to see what the 'future' holds.

Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image

jjjon123
[ Display Name History ]

jjjon123

Warrior of Redwall

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • RSN:jjjon123
  • RSN2:Kirbybakatya

Bolts/Arrows stats please?

Oh and I noticed this on rs wiki

Upon the release of this quest there was a glitch where you could use this spell to attack anyone, anywhere. They would have a gravestone outside of wilderness, but if it was in wilderness you would still see their items as a drop. Inside the wilderness it was the same, you could attack anybody regardless of combat level, and multiple players could attack one player even within non-multi zone.

New barrows armor is insane
It has magic damage boost and crazy prayer bonus making it a force to reckon with (also makes it a godly barrows setup):-o

Ya it made for a hella funny, and equally [bleep]ed up video. Was this posters first post, I wonder if he made the video / did the glitch and created an account to post on here to show it. Lol.

Lurking ftw. On topic:

dat hand cannon

all i can say is lol jameflex fail. This should really be in rs media or have its own topic now that bugs/glitches is merged with GD.
If you noticed, the last guy a fury and... d square? O_o
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars
any word on what works for bane bolts other then dragon?

i've tried ashes, wip and minion for abby bolts but nothing works. I'm gonna be ticked if i need to go hunt for another head. the spells also says that "you need to cast the spell on the item or location that you wish to tune the ore to" so i'm gonna try random casting in rc abbys and fairy ring abbys see if anything happens.

edit- thats a no on abby charms and the rc abbys.
no to fairy ring abbys either.

edit2- Nope you definatly need an abby head or mounted head for bolts. tried slayer tower and everything els i could think of related to abby demons. Even tried using abysall familiars and scrolls.

Hope they fix it to at least include abby whip and minion.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts
  • RSN:ForsakenMage
  • RSN2:Pengew Ami
  • Clan:EoE
Aside from the annoying glitches, that was a fun little quest. :P

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kiettaro

any word on what works for bane bolts other then dragon?

i've tried ashes, wip and minion for abby bolts but nothing works. I'm gonna be ticked if i need to go hunt for another head. the spells also says that "you need to cast the spell on the item or location that you wish to tune the ore to" so i'm gonna try random casting in rc abbys and fairy ring abbys see if anything happens. Anyone have any abby charm as well?

edit- thats a no on abby charms and the rc abbys.
no to fairy ring abbys either.

All i have left to check is slayer tower

You can use a trophy from a friends house if you do not have one mounted.

Posted Image
Posted Image

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

Wow this is really stupid, jagex says "massive" xp rewards. Yet they fail to realize it's not that much. Can't they remember the past - where they didn't hype up everything?

Lol you want an 1m xp reward? I think those big xp rewards are big enough.

You have 11m xp, I have over 275m. For you, 1m xp is a lot. For me, not so much. Its all in perspective.

I'll wait for a guide. Homework then a game of LoL before class. Sounds epic though!

Yeah but the quest doesn't require you to have 200m+ xp does it? So it is a lot for the quest reqs.

Totally illogical attempt at an argument. Quest rewards are not tied directly to what is needed for the quest. And half a million xp is around 2-3 hours of skilling, if that.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Huge Noob
[ Display Name History ]

Huge Noob

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,016 posts
  • RSN:Huge Noob
  • RSN '07:Huge Noob
  • Clan:CoE
So I tried my hand at the Glacors. They are intimidating but once you get the hang of it, they're not all that bad.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
There is no discussion whatsoever about roberts necklace, does anyone know what to do with it? - Or even the slightest idea?

Weird you receive so many "destroyable items", which serve no use in the quest at all.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Jagerblue
[ Display Name History ]

Jagerblue

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 83 posts

There is no discussion whatsoever about roberts necklace, does anyone know what to do with it? - Or even the slightest idea?

Weird you receive so many "destroyable items", which serve no use in the quest at all.

+1 to that, you can give bob his collar back though.

Also, what is up with the focus near the end of the quest? That seemed to have no relevance to anything, though I did write it in my notes for future reference.

Posted Image

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Wow this is really stupid, jagex says "massive" xp rewards. Yet they fail to realize it's not that much. Can't they remember the past - where they didn't hype up everything?

You have 11m xp, I have over 275m. For you, 1m xp is a lot. For me, not so much. Its all in perspective.

I'll wait for a guide. Homework then a game of LoL before class. Sounds epic though!

Yeah but the quest doesn't require you to have 200m+ xp does it? So it is a lot for the quest reqs.

Totally illogical attempt at an argument. Quest rewards are not tied directly to what is needed for the quest. And half a million xp is around 2-3 hours of skilling, if that.

Lol, you are now saying that it doesn't matter if it is a GM quest or not for the rewards. So a novice quest could get 500k xp. Also try to get 500k runecrafting xp in 3 hours, maybe it would work with effigies but only if you are maxed.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

Lol, you are now saying that it doesn't matter if it is a GM quest or not for the rewards. So a novice quest could get 500k xp. Also try to get 500k runecrafting xp in 3 hours, maybe it would work with effigies but only if you are maxed.

I think you're totally misunderstanding what Stonewall is trying to say.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I think you're totally misunderstanding what Stonewall is trying to say.

Stonewalls point in baby steps:
1m xp may not be alot to you as you have 275m total xp; but the quest DOES NOT require you to be anywhere near that high level wise.
The reward IS massive if you are just on the requirement levels or a little over; you can't judge it against your current place.

Its the same way when a new low end quest comes out you can't expect it to be give you millions of xp just cause you happen to have 200m+ total xp; the rewards are appropriate to the content level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Noobzy
[ Display Name History ]

Noobzy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • RSN:Noobz

"He really calls himself Noobz?"

Posted Image

STATS

Noobzy