14-Sept-2011 � Ritual of the Mahjarrat

Saradomin_Mage

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but there was one thing about the quest that I disliked and that was the amount of items we were given and just left with without any indication if we would need them again or not, both during the quest and after. That's something quests have been better with recently but felt that messed me up a bit during the quest when trying to have fighting stuff on me, food and the required items all while being given a bunch of items as I went along and not knowing what I needed to bring with me.

I agree. I still have Robert's items in my bank, incase someone somehow finds a way to turn him back to human... Goblin potion with human ingredient?

I also kept them with me even on the final battle. >.>

In the update faq it says that the items will be for a future quest so you can destroy them for now and get them back at kethsi then. Bob's collar though you can give it back to him now.

Sc.png

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think of it, me and Sliske have a lot in common. :\

1. We like power

2. We're loyal as long as it suits us

3. We do our own thing

4. We do it for the lulz

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

[hide]So now that I managed to get through the quest (DAMN MOS LE HARMLESS), my main concern is:

Is it still possible to consistently do the majority of a full Barrows run in 1 overload dose with the addition of Akrisae?[/hide]

I don't see why it shouldn't be--there's one additional brother to kill, but you still only need to kill six brothers to maximize the chances of a barrows item, so you can just skip one if you can't get all seven in time.

[hide]So now that I managed to get through the quest (DAMN MOS LE HARMLESS), my main concern is:

Is it still possible to consistently do the majority of a full Barrows run in 1 overload dose with the addition of Akrisae?[/hide]

I don't see why it shouldn't be--there's one additional brother to kill, but you still only need to kill six brothers to maximize the chances of a barrows item, so you can just skip one if you can't get all seven in time.

....Not according to the KB.

If you have killed the 7 brothers you stand the best chance of receiving a Barrows item from the chest.

So.... I guess it'll be "kill them from priciest armor to cheapest armor"?

My concern was mainly with Akrisae's ability to negate damage, but I guess I can just figure out a way to integrate range into my setup. Or just melee him all the way if his damage negation prayers aren't too effective.

a70c7.png

I imagine it should be. I haven't done the quest so I haven't fought Akrisae yet, but if he dies as easily as the others then it should be no problem. I'm able to take a sip of overload before fighting the first brother and have the boost run out as I'm on my way back to the rope to get out of the tunnels after looting the chest. Sometimes I'm even able to get out of the tunnels and back onto the mounds before the boost runs out.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

How many Armadyl Runes are able to be made per shard? RSWiki says you get 8 Dust of Armadyl per Shard of Armadyl...

However, they make it sound like you get as many Armadyl Runes per Essence as you would Air Runes, but I don't know if that just means that it takes just one Essence and 7 Dust of Armadyl to make 7 Armadyl Runes or if it means 1 Dust and 1 Ess makes 7 (or more if you have higher RC?)...

1 shard = 8 dust. 1 dust + 1 essence = 10 armadyl runes if you're a 99 rcer. So 80 runes in total max from one shard.

To make them you craft air runes as normal at the air altar but with dust of armadyl in your inv.

Do you know if you can be assisted by 99 RC and make 10 per dust?

Lol going by the ge price of the completed staff, each shard would be 180k, so each cast would be 2250gp...

EDIT

LOL just realized, if you sided with Hazeel, wasn't he like level 296 in Hazeel Cult? And he's 150 and then 250 (if you sided with him and he therefore appears)...

The whole J-Mod explanation about combat levels falls apart when you remember that the Barrows Brothers hadn't changed at all... -.-

IK people with offers for the staff in at 200M+. Or at least, that was the first 2 days... Not checked with them since.

Honestly, the prices won't mean anything to be for a few months because it's new.

....Not according to the KB.

If you have killed the 7 brothers you stand the best chance of receiving a Barrows item from the chest.

So.... I guess it'll be "kill them from priciest armor to cheapest armor"?

My concern was mainly with Akrisae's ability to negate damage, but I guess I can just figure out a way to integrate range into my setup. Or just melee him all the way if his damage negation prayers aren't too effective.

Interesting barrows note from the KB. Directly contradicts what mod Emilee says in the "Game Update FAQ - 14/09/11:

“How are Barrows drop rates affected by the new brother? By killing him, do you have an increased of getting all of the pieces or only his set?”

Mod Chris L: The barrows have some unique drop mechanics. Akrisae being in the barrows has not increased the chance of you getting all of the other pieces. As with the existing behaviour, you can only get Akrisae's gear from the chest if you killed the Akrisae barrow wight beforehand. This being said, his appearance has resulted in some interesting possibilities. The "best" chance at getting barrows gear from the chest is if 6 Barrows brothers have been killed. This still stands. So, for example, if you know you don't want any of Karil's gear, you can completely skip killing him, kill Akrisae and the other brothers (resulting in 6 wight kills) then head down to the chest where you stand the same "best" chance, except you've now removed the chance to get the gear you don't want."

QFC: 15-16-871-63202569

P.S. The barrows question is near the bottom.

EDIT: thought, they don't actually contradict each other. If you must kill at least 6 barrow wights for the best chance at an item, then technically killing 7 would still be the same chances of a barrows item as killing six and therefore still yields the highest chance of a barrows item...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

SNIP

Interesting barrows note from the KB. Directly contradicts what mod Emilee says in the "Game Update FAQ - 14/09/11:

How are Barrows drop rates affected by the new brother? By killing him, do you have an increased of getting all of the pieces or only his set?

Mod Chris L: The barrows have some unique drop mechanics. Akrisae being in the barrows has not increased the chance of you getting all of the other pieces. As with the existing behaviour, you can only get Akrisae's gear from the chest if you killed the Akrisae barrow wight beforehand. This being said, his appearance has resulted in some interesting possibilities. The "best" chance at getting barrows gear from the chest is if 6 Barrows brothers have been killed. This still stands. So, for example, if you know you don't want any of Karil's gear, you can completely skip killing him, kill Akrisae and the other brothers (resulting in 6 wight kills) then head down to the chest where you stand the same "best" chance, except you've now removed the chance to get the gear you don't want."

EDIT: thought, they don't actually contradict each other. If you must kill at least 6 barrow wights for the best chance at an item, then technically killing 7 would still be the same chances of a barrows item as killing six and therefore still yields the highest chance of a barrows item...

Hmm... Trust mod, or trust KB....?

...Yeah, I wasn't killing Torag anyways. I don't care if killing him along with the other 6 results in higher chance of loot, it means that I have a higher chance of getting his really crappy excuse for loot.

a70c7.png

It is only slightly more difficult to kill them all. I noticed that if I had the long tunnel configuration my OVL might reset before I got all the way to the chest.

I already use Void so I just switch helms and rapier->crossbow... But you can spec Akrisae with Korasi's and it will count as magic, allowing you to possibly get a fatal melee hit in directly after.

2dgucz6.png

SNIP

How are Barrows drop rates affected by the new brother? By killing him, do you have an increased of getting all of the pieces or only his set?

Hmm... Trust mod, or trust KB....?

...Yeah, I wasn't killing Torag anyways. I don't care if killing him along with the other 6 results in higher chance of loot, it means that I have a higher chance of getting his really crappy excuse for loot.

Trust Mod, The only reason you when should trust the KB is if you compare it to runescapeWiki lol. I don't understand why the KB drafts are not checked by the makers of the update before they go live...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I can see why KB articles may be wrong when they go live; afterall they have to have time to write the things and last minute changes would make for errors; but its more the fact these errors persist for months and months if not years; or are so wildly wrong they couldn't possibly be a last minute tweak (eg showing a weapon with +200 crush when it actually has 0)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

BTW, whatever happened to the Zarosian guys having animal things? Sliske with the snake, Akthanakos with the camel head, and Azzy had that jackal headress on.

Why not have had Lucien forced Movario to revive Hazeel? Then he could've been there for everyone.

How did Lucien know Jhallan was down there? Not adequately explained.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

the mahjarrat can sense the presence of each other, so lucien probably was able to sense jhallan somewhere near the ritual site, and when he did not see him at all in combat, he probably deduced that he was hiding underground

I think the best way to deal with Akrisae is Korasi specs. It's very rare that he doesn't die in rapier > ks > rapier > ks > rapier (spec recover of course).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

BTW, whatever happened to the Zarosian guys having animal things? Sliske with the snake, Akthanakos with the camel head, and Azzy had that jackal headress on.

Why not have had Lucien forced Movario to revive Hazeel? Then he could've been there for everyone.

How did Lucien know Jhallan was down there? Not adequately explained.

1) That was never a "thing" Sliske snake reference is only related to his stealthy and sly nature. Anthanakos camel head was part of Enhkara's doing, Azzandra's jackal head was a disguise to fit in with the Desert Pantheon god images to help him gain our trust

2) Probably because Hazeel being revived is implied to be quite tricky after we destroyed the easy way to do it (assuming you didn't help him) and Movario isn't exactly brilliant plus he doesn't work for Lucien any more he even says so in this quest; for his uselessness see his failure to find the Stone of Jas after years of research vs us doing it in about 5 minutes and his wandering aimlessly around looking for the stone and we find it quite easily. Plus the factor Mahjratt don't help each other out, each for their own.

3) Mahjaratt can sense each other, Jhallan was hoping his weak state and being hidden would mean they overlooked him. Lucien was super boosted by Staff of Armadyl and Stone of Jas so was more powerful and as such could feel Jhallan. and saw him as weak prey for the ritual.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think the best way to deal with Akrisae is Korasi specs. It's very rare that he doesn't die in rapier > ks > rapier > ks > rapier (spec recover of course).

Suppose it depends how you do the barrows, I personally found little issue with taking mage of auto-cast then just flicking between whip and x-bow to down him nice and easily.

Could prob do it jsut as easy with sol melee instead of whip to save space.

This is using the fairly basic maging all but ahrims method.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Zemouregal's notes explain that Hazeel had been resurrected even if you didn't do so yourself. Why he wasn't at the Ritual for those who didn't was probably just a mistake.

Wrong

If you did NOT resurect Hazeel or have not done Hazeel Cult:

One of the Zamorak-aligned faction. A worthy warrior. Generally, I'd consider Hazeel an ally.

Hazeel seems to be gaining in power; he has gained many followers and much territory.

Disaster has struck for Hazeel: Saradomin-worshiping human filth have managed to defeat him and banished him from the living realms. The question is, will his followers be able to resurrect him before the next ritual?

Once the quest is completed if you DID resurrect Hazeel this sentence appears at the end

Well, his followers may have left things rather last-minute, but they've managed it - Hazeel is back in play!

tl;dr - The notes only say Hazeel is resurrected if you resurrected him

Plv6Dz6.jpg

2) Probably because Hazeel being revived is implied to be quite tricky after we destroyed the easy way to do it (assuming you didn't help him) and Movario isn't exactly brilliant plus he doesn't work for Lucien any more he even says so in this quest; for his uselessness see his failure to find the Stone of Jas after years of research vs us doing it in about 5 minutes and his wandering aimlessly around looking for the stone and we find it quite easily. Plus the factor Mahjratt don't help each other out, each for their own.

If you recall, we only found the stone because we stole his research and followed him. It was Movario who figured out it was in the chasm, not us--he just couldn't figure out a way down. And once we showed up, it was his idea to cast the blue flame spell to get the light creatures to go down instead of across. If he hadn't decided to help us, we wouldn't have gotten very far.

If anything, we're the idiots--how many years did we go through that cave and never even suspect?

It's more likely that Lucien just didn't care about Hazeel. Notice his completely ignoring Zemouregal during the ritual.

If you recall, we only found the stone because we stole his research and followed him. It was Movario who figured out it was in the chasm, not us--he just couldn't figure out a way down. And once we showed up, it was his idea to cast the blue flame spell to get the light creatures to go down instead of across. If he hadn't decided to help us, we wouldn't have gotten very far.

If anything, we're the idiots--how many years did we go through that cave and never even suspect?

It's more likely that Lucien just didn't care about Hazeel. Notice his completely ignoring Zemouregal during the ritual.

Well, we're not that idiots, storywise, we only know that dungeon to Juna for less than a year, as we are still in year 169.

About Lucien ignoring everyone: well, he thought he was the uber-one, why would he care then that one of his brothers dies? :P The fewer of the powerful ones there are left, the fewer the (possible) resistance against him.