Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

14-Sept-2011 – Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

bladekill133
[ Display Name History ]

bladekill133

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Bladekill133

Seeing as no one has mentioned this yet, I thought I would.

Azzanadra

Posted Image

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games
Combat levels

Posted Image303/324

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer

How many Armadyl Runes are able to be made per shard? RSWiki says you get 8 Dust of Armadyl per Shard of Armadyl...
However, they make it sound like you get as many Armadyl Runes per Essence as you would Air Runes, but I don't know if that just means that it takes just one Essence and 7 Dust of Armadyl to make 7 Armadyl Runes or if it means 1 Dust and 1 Ess makes 7 (or more if you have higher RC?)...

1 shard = 8 dust. 1 dust + 1 essence = 10 armadyl runes if you're a 99 rcer. So 80 runes in total max from one shard.

To make them you craft air runes as normal at the air altar but with dust of armadyl in your inv.

Do you know if you can be assisted by 99 RC and make 10 per dust?
Lol going by the ge price of the completed staff, each shard would be 180k, so each cast would be 2250gp...

EDIT
LOL just realized, if you sided with Hazeel, wasn't he like level 296 in Hazeel Cult? And he's 150 and then 250 (if you sided with him and he therefore appears)...
The whole J-Mod explanation about combat levels falls apart when you remember that the Barrows Brothers hadn't changed at all... -.-

IK people with offers for the staff in at 200M+. Or at least, that was the first 2 days... Not checked with them since.

09144a99bb.png

ArtemisCatal
[ Display Name History ]

ArtemisCatal

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • RSN:ArtemisCatal

Seeing as no one has mentioned this yet, I thought I would.

Azzanadra

Mahjarrats are kind and gentle

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

IK people with offers for the staff in at 200M+. Or at least, that was the first 2 days... Not checked with them since.

If you can get 40 kills/hr and the drop rate is 1/10, that's an average of 25 hours per staff. At 200m gp a staff, that would be an average of 8m gp/hr revenue from shards alone. If you only get 30 kills/hr it's still like 6m, and if you can get 55 kills/hr, it would be more than 10m, still from the shards alone, no boots or anything. I don't think 200m is a sustainable price.

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
right, i did the quest yesterday, and i really enjoyed it.

i have some things to point out, and my opinions to voice.
1:on majharrat combat lvls. I don;t think it really matters what cmb lvl they're shown to be, its really deceptive, theyre all far better than combat level designates.
2:on the quest itself. I found the bit where the dragonkin killed lucien to be so anti-climatic, it almost ruined the quest for me. Lucien is almost as powerful as a GOD, so why can the dragonkin drop him so easily?, with all his power, he should've 1: pulled some tds/glacors/shizzle on the dragonkin, and teleported off, or, just gone majhrarrat on them, using skills which don't require the stone of jas. They defeated him with ridiculous ease, which was laughable.

Another part which was intriguing was the bit in the cutscene with saradomin. in it, he states that the stone was originally his, and that zamorak used it to gain his power. if so, why couldn't saradomin use its power to destroy zamorak, or at least his forces? I've always imagined sara to be the opposite of the dark, a cruel, unforgiving god for those who were/have been evil... not an understanding sod.

Also, here's an interesting thought... Zilyana was defeated by kril, and, therefore, kril>zil. then. who created kril? Bilrach. this sates that bilrach is the most powerful of the majharrat, or one of the most powerful, therefore, i HIGHLY doubt he's dead, more likely incapitated in some way...

Sliske: One of my favorites.. I personally suspect that he's farrrr more powerful than we know, and also, the most scemeing, and most realistic majharrat of them all. He seems to be the most politically minded, and far sighted majharrat... he's lived for a long time, and has never been pinned by anyone, despite having all of zamorak/saradomin/armadyls forces against him.. he almost singlehandedly brought about nex's return, and no one knows where he really ever is... He also is a bit like lucien, in that he likes good toys, and unlike lucien, seems to carefully pick his toys.. If he had got us, he would've had an incredibly powerful bodyguard, and one which could prove invaluable.
I suspect he's one of the most dangerous, and by far the most far sighted.

Azzanadra: he was a bit pathetic during this quest, i had expected more scheming from him... power of zaros was interesting though.

wahisietel:he was interesting, and seems to be the most honest/nicest majharrat..

Dragonkin:way more powerful and vicious than i had expected, cant wait for the next quest involving them! one thing:how did robert the strong kill them...if they're so strong??
Posted Image

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

Junkmutt
[ Display Name History ]

Junkmutt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Location:"I'm an Oregon homeboy where the sun don't shine much, but when it does we appreciate it."
  • RSN:Junkmatt

Dragonkin:way more powerful and vicious than i had expected, cant wait for the next quest involving them! one thing:how did robert the strong kill them...if they're so strong??

In steel looking armor and an ogre-like bow. Probably firing those dragonbane arrows.
Drops

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but there was one thing about the quest that I disliked and that was the amount of items we were given and just left with without any indication if we would need them again or not, both during the quest and after. That's something quests have been better with recently but felt that messed me up a bit during the quest when trying to have fighting stuff on me, food and the required items all while being given a bunch of items as I went along and not knowing what I needed to bring with me.

Arthu
[ Display Name History ]

Arthu

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • RSN:Arttu

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but there was one thing about the quest that I disliked and that was the amount of items we were given and just left with without any indication if we would need them again or not, both during the quest and after. That's something quests have been better with recently but felt that messed me up a bit during the quest when trying to have fighting stuff on me, food and the required items all while being given a bunch of items as I went along and not knowing what I needed to bring with me.

I agree. I still have Robert's items in my bank, incase someone somehow finds a way to turn him back to human... Goblin potion with human ingredient?
I also kept them with me even on the final battle. >.>
Posted Image
99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.
9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?
Posted Image
I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Allmonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Allmonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • RSN:sc
  • Clan:HYT

I agree. I still have Robert's items in my bank, incase someone somehow finds a way to turn him back to human... Goblin potion with human ingredient?
I also kept them with me even on the final battle. >.>

In the update faq it says that the items will be for a future quest so you can destroy them for now and get them back at kethsi then. Bob's collar though you can give it back to him now.
Posted Image

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
The more I think of it, me and Sliske have a lot in common. :\

1. We like power
2. We're loyal as long as it suits us
3. We do our own thing
4. We do it for the lulz
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts
  • RSN:Theros
  • RSN2:New Fatscape

Posted Image

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts

I don't see why it shouldn't be--there's one additional brother to kill, but you still only need to kill six brothers to maximize the chances of a barrows item, so you can just skip one if you can't get all seven in time.

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts

I don't see why it shouldn't be--there's one additional brother to kill, but you still only need to kill six brothers to maximize the chances of a barrows item, so you can just skip one if you can't get all seven in time.

....Not according to the KB.

If you have killed the 7 brothers you stand the best chance of receiving a Barrows item from the chest.

So.... I guess it'll be "kill them from priciest armor to cheapest armor"?

My concern was mainly with Akrisae's ability to negate damage, but I guess I can just figure out a way to integrate range into my setup. Or just melee him all the way if his damage negation prayers aren't too effective.
Posted Image

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

I imagine it should be. I haven't done the quest so I haven't fought Akrisae yet, but if he dies as easily as the others then it should be no problem. I'm able to take a sip of overload before fighting the first brother and have the boost run out as I'm on my way back to the rope to get out of the tunnels after looting the chest. Sometimes I'm even able to get out of the tunnels and back onto the mounds before the boost runs out.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

How many Armadyl Runes are able to be made per shard? RSWiki says you get 8 Dust of Armadyl per Shard of Armadyl...
However, they make it sound like you get as many Armadyl Runes per Essence as you would Air Runes, but I don't know if that just means that it takes just one Essence and 7 Dust of Armadyl to make 7 Armadyl Runes or if it means 1 Dust and 1 Ess makes 7 (or more if you have higher RC?)...

1 shard = 8 dust. 1 dust + 1 essence = 10 armadyl runes if you're a 99 rcer. So 80 runes in total max from one shard.

To make them you craft air runes as normal at the air altar but with dust of armadyl in your inv.

Do you know if you can be assisted by 99 RC and make 10 per dust?
Lol going by the ge price of the completed staff, each shard would be 180k, so each cast would be 2250gp...

EDIT
LOL just realized, if you sided with Hazeel, wasn't he like level 296 in Hazeel Cult? And he's 150 and then 250 (if you sided with him and he therefore appears)...
The whole J-Mod explanation about combat levels falls apart when you remember that the Barrows Brothers hadn't changed at all... -.-

Honestly, the prices won't mean anything to be for a few months because it's new.

....Not according to the KB.

If you have killed the 7 brothers you stand the best chance of receiving a Barrows item from the chest.

So.... I guess it'll be "kill them from priciest armor to cheapest armor"?

My concern was mainly with Akrisae's ability to negate damage, but I guess I can just figure out a way to integrate range into my setup. Or just melee him all the way if his damage negation prayers aren't too effective.

Interesting barrows note from the KB. Directly contradicts what mod Emilee says in the "Game Update FAQ - 14/09/11:

“How are Barrows drop rates affected by the new brother? By killing him, do you have an increased of getting all of the pieces or only his set?”

Mod Chris L: The barrows have some unique drop mechanics. Akrisae being in the barrows has not increased the chance of you getting all of the other pieces. As with the existing behaviour, you can only get Akrisae's gear from the chest if you killed the Akrisae barrow wight beforehand. This being said, his appearance has resulted in some interesting possibilities. The "best" chance at getting barrows gear from the chest is if 6 Barrows brothers have been killed. This still stands. So, for example, if you know you don't want any of Karil's gear, you can completely skip killing him, kill Akrisae and the other brothers (resulting in 6 wight kills) then head down to the chest where you stand the same "best" chance, except you've now removed the chance to get the gear you don't want."

QFC: 15-16-871-63202569

P.S. The barrows question is near the bottom.

EDIT: thought, they don't actually contradict each other. If you must kill at least 6 barrow wights for the best chance at an item, then technically killing 7 would still be the same chances of a barrows item as killing six and therefore still yields the highest chance of a barrows item...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts

SNIP

Interesting barrows note from the KB. Directly contradicts what mod Emilee says in the "Game Update FAQ - 14/09/11:

“How are Barrows drop rates affected by the new brother? By killing him, do you have an increased of getting all of the pieces or only his set?”

Mod Chris L: The barrows have some unique drop mechanics. Akrisae being in the barrows has not increased the chance of you getting all of the other pieces. As with the existing behaviour, you can only get Akrisae's gear from the chest if you killed the Akrisae barrow wight beforehand. This being said, his appearance has resulted in some interesting possibilities. The "best" chance at getting barrows gear from the chest is if 6 Barrows brothers have been killed. This still stands. So, for example, if you know you don't want any of Karil's gear, you can completely skip killing him, kill Akrisae and the other brothers (resulting in 6 wight kills) then head down to the chest where you stand the same "best" chance, except you've now removed the chance to get the gear you don't want."

QFC: 15-16-871-63202569

P.S. The barrows question is near the bottom.

EDIT: thought, they don't actually contradict each other. If you must kill at least 6 barrow wights for the best chance at an item, then technically killing 7 would still be the same chances of a barrows item as killing six and therefore still yields the highest chance of a barrows item...

Hmm... Trust mod, or trust KB....?

...Yeah, I wasn't killing Torag anyways. I don't care if killing him along with the other 6 results in higher chance of loot, it means that I have a higher chance of getting his really crappy excuse for loot.
Posted Image

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
Given the KB's track record, I think I'll go with Word of Mod on this one.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters
It is only slightly more difficult to kill them all. I noticed that if I had the long tunnel configuration my OVL might reset before I got all the way to the chest.
I already use Void so I just switch helms and rapier->crossbow... But you can spec Akrisae with Korasi's and it will count as magic, allowing you to possibly get a fatal melee hit in directly after.

2dgucz6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users