Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

14-Sept-2011 – Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

SNIP

Interesting barrows note from the KB. Directly contradicts what mod Emilee says in the "Game Update FAQ - 14/09/11:

“How are Barrows drop rates affected by the new brother? By killing him, do you have an increased of getting all of the pieces or only his set?”

Mod Chris L: The barrows have some unique drop mechanics. Akrisae being in the barrows has not increased the chance of you getting all of the other pieces. As with the existing behaviour, you can only get Akrisae's gear from the chest if you killed the Akrisae barrow wight beforehand. This being said, his appearance has resulted in some interesting possibilities. The "best" chance at getting barrows gear from the chest is if 6 Barrows brothers have been killed. This still stands. So, for example, if you know you don't want any of Karil's gear, you can completely skip killing him, kill Akrisae and the other brothers (resulting in 6 wight kills) then head down to the chest where you stand the same "best" chance, except you've now removed the chance to get the gear you don't want."

QFC: 15-16-871-63202569

P.S. The barrows question is near the bottom.

EDIT: thought, they don't actually contradict each other. If you must kill at least 6 barrow wights for the best chance at an item, then technically killing 7 would still be the same chances of a barrows item as killing six and therefore still yields the highest chance of a barrows item...

Hmm... Trust mod, or trust KB....?

...Yeah, I wasn't killing Torag anyways. I don't care if killing him along with the other 6 results in higher chance of loot, it means that I have a higher chance of getting his really crappy excuse for loot.

Trust Mod, The only reason you when should trust the KB is if you compare it to runescapeWiki lol. I don't understand why the KB drafts are not checked by the makers of the update before they go live...

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I can see why KB articles may be wrong when they go live; afterall they have to have time to write the things and last minute changes would make for errors; but its more the fact these errors persist for months and months if not years; or are so wildly wrong they couldn't possibly be a last minute tweak (eg showing a weapon with +200 crush when it actually has 0)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

BrotherVoid1
[ Display Name History ]

BrotherVoid1

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:BrotherVoid1
  • Clan:Dragon Clan
This quest was so much fun :)

Posted Image

Deathknell
[ Display Name History ]

Deathknell

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Deathknell
BTW, whatever happened to the Zarosian guys having animal things? Sliske with the snake, Akthanakos with the camel head, and Azzy had that jackal headress on.

Why not have had Lucien forced Movario to revive Hazeel? Then he could've been there for everyone.

How did Lucien know Jhallan was down there? Not adequately explained.
I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
the mahjarrat can sense the presence of each other, so lucien probably was able to sense jhallan somewhere near the ritual site, and when he did not see him at all in combat, he probably deduced that he was hiding underground

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
I think the best way to deal with Akrisae is Korasi specs. It's very rare that he doesn't die in rapier > ks > rapier > ks > rapier (spec recover of course).
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

BTW, whatever happened to the Zarosian guys having animal things? Sliske with the snake, Akthanakos with the camel head, and Azzy had that jackal headress on.

Why not have had Lucien forced Movario to revive Hazeel? Then he could've been there for everyone.

How did Lucien know Jhallan was down there? Not adequately explained.

1) That was never a "thing" Sliske snake reference is only related to his stealthy and sly nature. Anthanakos camel head was part of Enhkara's doing, Azzandra's jackal head was a disguise to fit in with the Desert Pantheon god images to help him gain our trust

2) Probably because Hazeel being revived is implied to be quite tricky after we destroyed the easy way to do it (assuming you didn't help him) and Movario isn't exactly brilliant plus he doesn't work for Lucien any more he even says so in this quest; for his uselessness see his failure to find the Stone of Jas after years of research vs us doing it in about 5 minutes and his wandering aimlessly around looking for the stone and we find it quite easily. Plus the factor Mahjratt don't help each other out, each for their own.

3) Mahjaratt can sense each other, Jhallan was hoping his weak state and being hidden would mean they overlooked him. Lucien was super boosted by Staff of Armadyl and Stone of Jas so was more powerful and as such could feel Jhallan. and saw him as weak prey for the ritual.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Akrisae is incredibly easy to kill. You can almost always two or three-hit him with either melee and ranged switches or melee and korasi switches.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I think the best way to deal with Akrisae is Korasi specs. It's very rare that he doesn't die in rapier > ks > rapier > ks > rapier (spec recover of course).

Suppose it depends how you do the barrows, I personally found little issue with taking mage of auto-cast then just flicking between whip and x-bow to down him nice and easily.
Could prob do it jsut as easy with sol melee instead of whip to save space.
This is using the fairly basic maging all but ahrims method.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts
  • RSN:Theros
  • RSN2:New Fatscape

Akrisae is incredibly easy to kill. You can almost always two or three-hit him with either melee and ranged switches or melee and korasi switches.

Yes he is. Really, I was worried about nothing.
Posted Image

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games
Zemouregal's notes explain that Hazeel had been resurrected even if you didn't do so yourself. Why he wasn't at the Ritual for those who didn't was probably just a mistake.
Posted Image303/324

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Zemouregal's notes explain that Hazeel had been resurrected even if you didn't do so yourself. Why he wasn't at the Ritual for those who didn't was probably just a mistake.

Wrong

If you did NOT resurect Hazeel or have not done Hazeel Cult:

One of the Zamorak-aligned faction. A worthy warrior. Generally, I'd consider Hazeel an ally.

Hazeel seems to be gaining in power; he has gained many followers and much territory.

Disaster has struck for Hazeel: Saradomin-worshiping human filth have managed to defeat him and banished him from the living realms. The question is, will his followers be able to resurrect him before the next ritual?

Once the quest is completed if you DID resurrect Hazeel this sentence appears at the end

Well, his followers may have left things rather last-minute, but they've managed it - Hazeel is back in play!

tl;dr - The notes only say Hazeel is resurrected if you resurrected him

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

2) Probably because Hazeel being revived is implied to be quite tricky after we destroyed the easy way to do it (assuming you didn't help him) and Movario isn't exactly brilliant plus he doesn't work for Lucien any more he even says so in this quest; for his uselessness see his failure to find the Stone of Jas after years of research vs us doing it in about 5 minutes and his wandering aimlessly around looking for the stone and we find it quite easily. Plus the factor Mahjratt don't help each other out, each for their own.

If you recall, we only found the stone because we stole his research and followed him. It was Movario who figured out it was in the chasm, not us--he just couldn't figure out a way down. And once we showed up, it was his idea to cast the blue flame spell to get the light creatures to go down instead of across. If he hadn't decided to help us, we wouldn't have gotten very far.

If anything, we're the idiots--how many years did we go through that cave and never even suspect?

It's more likely that Lucien just didn't care about Hazeel. Notice his completely ignoring Zemouregal during the ritual.

Jesus_Status
[ Display Name History ]

Jesus_Status

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • RSN:Jesus Statuz
Just beat the quest probably my favorite quest yet..one thing that annoyed me was after watching the entire cut seen with lucien and the dragonkin I miss clicked and I had to re-watch the entire cut seen again lol >.<

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

If you recall, we only found the stone because we stole his research and followed him. It was Movario who figured out it was in the chasm, not us--he just couldn't figure out a way down. And once we showed up, it was his idea to cast the blue flame spell to get the light creatures to go down instead of across. If he hadn't decided to help us, we wouldn't have gotten very far.

If anything, we're the idiots--how many years did we go through that cave and never even suspect?

It's more likely that Lucien just didn't care about Hazeel. Notice his completely ignoring Zemouregal during the ritual.

Well, we're not that idiots, storywise, we only know that dungeon to Juna for less than a year, as we are still in year 169.

About Lucien ignoring everyone: well, he thought he was the uber-one, why would he care then that one of his brothers dies? :P The fewer of the powerful ones there are left, the fewer the (possible) resistance against him.

FIREWORKS
[ Display Name History ]

FIREWORKS

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • RSN:lox
While this quest was a lot shorter and easier than i had anticipated i still enjoyed it a lot and i'm waiting for more.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

Just beat the quest probably my favorite quest yet..one thing that annoyed me was after watching the entire cut seen with lucien and the dragonkin I miss clicked and I had to re-watch the entire cut seen again lol >.<

That happened to me during another cut-scene sequence -- misclicked and it was "deja vu all over again" ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body
The "strange power" you felt when the mahjarrat was sacrificed... Did it happen when Lucien died? If so, I guess we know what happened to Bilrach...
If not, is it possible that we were also rejuvinated by the ritual?
Posted Image

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

The "strange power" you felt when the mahjarrat was sacrificed... Did it happen when Lucien died? If so, I guess we know what happened to Bilrach...

spoiler

Junkmutt
[ Display Name History ]

Junkmutt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Location:"I'm an Oregon homeboy where the sun don't shine much, but when it does we appreciate it."
  • RSN:Junkmatt

spoiler

Drops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users