15-Sep-2011 - RuneScape Classic: The Final Countdown

The Observer

I really wanna get some of the members classic quests done (Did all the f2p back in the day) But its rough without armor/weapons. Anyone aware of whats a good money maker today and how much I should be spending on rune items?

You can gather stuff from shops, waterfilled vials for example are 750-1k each on forum. You can make full rune in an hour. (Buy in Taverley and fill at fountain next to Falador Bank. General store in Ardougne sells 10 watervilled vials)

If you want a price list of the most common traded things in Runescape Classic, check this: Quick find code: 51-52-609-62928924 .

Classic may only have +-20 people/server after reopening, but it is an active little community. Don't forget to use the RSOF forums, this is pre-GE.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I roamed around Classic for a bit a few weeks back and I literally ran into no one. No one in Lumby. No one in Varrock. No one in Fally. No one in the Wild. No one in Ardy. I wonder how long it'll be until the game goes dead again?

Maybe you got unlucky.

Usually when I pass Draynor or Edge bank I pass someone. I have been doing quests the last weeks and you encounter more people than you would initially think with the player numbers.

(+ when you see someone they usually shout 'hi' from afar, are not botting and are very friendly.)

I roamed around Classic for a bit a few weeks back and I literally ran into no one. No one in Lumby. No one in Varrock. No one in Fally. No one in the Wild. No one in Ardy. I wonder how long it'll be until the game goes dead again?

Maybe you got unlucky.

Usually when I pass Draynor or Edge bank I pass someone. I have been doing quests the last weeks and you encounter more people than you would initially think with the player numbers.

(+ when you see someone they usually shout 'hi' from afar, are not botting and are very friendly.)

Maybe so.

Anyway, I logged onto Classic briefly and I noticed something. On Classic, we get 30 inventory spaces, whereas now we only get 28. Jagex jipped us! :o

Maybe you got unlucky.

Maybe so.

Anyway, I logged onto Classic briefly and I noticed something. On Classic, we get 30 inventory spaces, whereas now we only get 28. Jagex jipped us! :o

But you equip your armor/weapons/items in the inventory screen, so your getting a lot less.

Sig

Maybe you got unlucky.

Maybe so.

You'd think so, but if you noticed there is no armor tab. You equip your armor/weapons/etc in your inventory taking up your inventory space. It balances out and in most situations you're gained spaces in RS2. ;-)

tFtfA.jpg

I'm happy that i twas reopened because i finally got to find out what my stats were at before rs2 came along. 19cb with 43 mining :P Sadly i missed the screenie opportunity for my 2200+ days. I reckon they should offer the option for the classic cape to be trimmed (white or gold maybe...) for those who played it before rs2 came about, would be a nice acknowledgement.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

It will never be the same.

The real feeling is gone, knowing there is a RS2 with all its updates and fancy stuff is too much of a burden.

I wish the child version of me had played more classic so I had more memories to be fond of at the moment :S

Thats just the way it is though, I make sure I play enough now and get the fun I want.. if people ingame come to me and ask why i do thing like this or that and they say how I should do things I tell them this is my game and they have no saying in what I should do.

The same goes with "you mad" I reply: "Why are these morons in my game :|" (sometimes I don't even reply.. I just think of it and it makes me laugh)

classic.png

Seems like my acc got reset a long time ago.

Veteran server is almost empty, found 1 person in there in draynor :) (one of the four players)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

i think if i had a full set of rune and a hatchet and pickaxe i'd give rsc a go.

This. I just need to be set up on my feet, like I was before transferring everything over to rs2. It's a nightmare to get started back up again. Trying a bit of thieving on guards and fighting them too, hope i'll eventually get 60 defence and some cash along with it!

ScreenShot028.png

I was refused a Classic cape when they released them, when I posted a JMod moron on the forums who made me look like an idiot, told me if I had played I would have the cape and caused people to troll me with GF newb can suck my balls because here is my proof I played Classic >.<

I couldn't even get the Classic cape on my first 2k player list/Jan&Feb 2001 newsletter mentioned account. Lmao.

i think if i had a full set of rune and a hatchet and pickaxe i'd give rsc a go.

This. I just need to be set up on my feet, like I was before transferring everything over to rs2. It's a nightmare to get started back up again. Trying a bit of thieving on guards and fighting them too, hope i'll eventually get 60 defence and some cash along with it!

According to RSOF it is allowed to trade RS2 money for RSC money. (via trusttrading)

You could do that?

(I did it too... :oops:)

According to RSOF it is allowed to trade RS2 money for RSC money. (via trusttrading)

You could do that?

That could just be considered a friend gifting you gps in rsc, and you gifting them gps in rs2.. :D Though of course that's a trade and trade for outside of game benefit is RWT. But this isn't "real" world trading, it's still runescape trading :D

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

You could do that?

That could just be considered a friend gifting you gps in rsc, and you gifting them gps in rs2.. :D Though of course that's a trade and trade for outside of game benefit is RWT. But this isn't "real" world trading, it's still runescape trading :D

Actually, if you look at the last page of the Announcements forum you'll find this post.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/2793-trading-between-rsc-and-rs2-is-illegal/

Not sure if it's still the same or not, but just a heads up.

j0xPu5R.png

You could do that?

Actually, if you look at the last page of the Announcements forum you'll find this post.

Quick find code: 51-52-736-63070182

Legal but you'll get scammed 99.9% of the time unless the other guy is going first.

You could do that?

Legal but you'll get scammed 99.9% of the time unless the other guy is going first.

Thanks for clarifying. :)

j0xPu5R.png

Then he gets scammed you mean? :thumbsup:

Was asked if I wanted to buy a pink phat yesterday for 51m rs2, I NEEDED to go first and he refused a middleman. I wonder what he was up to... :razz: