Other things you do to entertain yourself

PumpkinPete112

I was discussing with my fc today about how half of us spend hours of the day bankstanding and talking in friend chat. (This is why my skills blow) This kind of made me think about other things I do to entertain myself thats not "normal"

I personally follow people. Like I will sit and wait in the GE, when someone comes in I will follow them. Usually I will give no reason, so they start cursing and flaming and threatening to report me. Ironically only like 2 out of 10 people actually teleport away. Usually they run off past the cooking guild into Barb village, and flame me. Sometimes I dress in Black Vyrewatch robes, ghostly gloves and boots, the undead chicken, and the plague mask, and when people ask WHY U FOLLOW ME. I just say "To observe humanity"

I laugh all day about this

Sig

... you sound like you have too much time on your hands. Go do something productive.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

... you sound like you have too much time on your hands. Go do something productive.

Meh I don't care for grinding a ton, and since most of my skills are nearing the required grindy stages im having trouble finding motivation. Usually when im following people im talking in fc so thats something

Sig

If it's something that requires my full attention such as granite powermining or slayer, I'll stick some music on in the background. If it's something I only need to half-watch over, I'll either study, read or do my Wikipedia work (of which there's usually plenty enough to keep me occupied).

I don't know... apart from minigames and dungeoneering, I see RuneScape as something "to sink my teeth into" rather than something which entertains me.

I usually follow the people who host "Drop parties" just to see what kind of scams they try to use. :rolleyes:

I follow them with a dds. gotten lucky twice, made ~2m before doing it off their runes and st00f. Silly lurers...

Popoto.~<3

Usually i watch a movie while i train a skill. Ironically half the time i don't actually watch the movie. I just like having the extra noise and movement in the background to keep me from doing something inefficient like browsing websites while skilling.

I feel like I'm the only clown here who plays at full attention.

Otherwise it just seems ... y'know ... a bit ... odd?

:mellow:

Not the only one. We still exist :)

I can't watch movies much while playing because I either stop moving in game, or I stop paying attention to the movie..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yeah, I prefer to not do other things while playing rs. That even includes listening to music, and sometimes chatting. I like to pay attention to what I'm doing.

Likewise, when I listen to music, I'm seldom doing something else at the same time, just focusing on it.

Scherzo.png

> Usually i watch a movie while i train a skill. Ironically half the time i don't actually watch the movie.

this

Also, I'm a pretty avid smither and generally have a ton of ores banked, so when I find a new player I'll generally smith them full iron/steel sets as a leg up, then make them mith/addy armours/weapons if they bring me the coal (hey nothing is for free=)

Some times I think hey thats 5k worth of steel bars, down the drain but seeing newbs that you helped out come back as fully fledged players (some of the time with better stats than me) makes me smile

vivimancer.png

Legit playing? So travelling trough the lands helping strangers on the way and conquering enemies, and basically any other kind of role-playing isn't legit or what?

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Usually i watch a movie while i train a skill. Ironically half the time i don't actually watch the movie. I just like having the extra noise and movement in the background to keep me from doing something inefficient like browsing websites while skilling.

^ This. I usually watch series but often movies. For example, I must have watched through Futurama more than a dozen times but still see and hear things I haven't before!

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

I generally watch a lot of tv or anime while playing. I find shows I don't have to pay particular attention to, at the moment its star trek tng - a good show but not one you need to pay strict attention to. Simpler anime are good for this too.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].