For those that "quit", what made you come back?

NukeMarine

The Tip.it times touch on it, but it'd be nice to hear reasons from those that did stop for a bit and what got you playing again.

Personally, I stopped when I went overseas to Japan as getting a consistent connection was impossible in my situation. I kept up on what was happening and still posted now and again, but did not play. It wasn't till like three years later that I re-upped membership to try out the new dungeoneering skill for a couple of months (happened to be in the US for training during that time). What got me going recently was the start up of member loyalty points. Figured that the points would be reasonable to build up even if I didn't play at, which led me to doing some daily/weekly tasks (mtk, tears, circus), which further led me to level farming (doing pineapple/calquat since it's once per day), doing penguins (did both quests recently to max out), hanky, quests, etc.

I'm not grinding like I used to, just doing the daily/weekly tasks on top of the occasional catch up quest (still have 40+ over the last four years to do). Kind of cool figuring out the new best way of doing things.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

You just keep coming back each major update, and sometimes you find the fun in playing again.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I came back, diced, got a unicorn, diced more then quit again

Nothing to keep me hooked anymore

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

I came back when I reached up to a point where I just had nothing else to do. I took plenty of breaks and went on and off at times but now I think I'm genuinely leaving

for good since theres more mmorpgs out there. After playing for 7 years, I think my time in Runescape is over. I can't imagine playing any longer especially when Jagex is

constantly changing the game for the worse.

i quit a few times one when i majorly gave away all my items but i kept a cashpile...lol

hmm i came back to p2p after 2 months then members ran out again so i was like "hmm i havent played scape in awhile" then i came back again

Now i only play for updates i dont see a point in officially quitting unless you cant control your time played( i was a major addict most of my scape time but now im not...) if i become a major addict again then i wont renew members again or will cancel if its recurring. Tho i am a major addict to conspiracy forums and always looking for cheap 9.99 pc games :P

StarViv.png

Having a lot of free time and a lot of updates to catch up on makes me come back usualy for a few weeks then "quit" again, havent logged on for a couple of months but I will when I find the time to get my quest cape back and maybe finish a 99 or two. I just can't play rs day in day out like I used to, I enjoy rs a lot more now if I take it in small doses. I've never intended on quitting for good, I just take breaks from the game sometimes lasting over a year but always intend on coming back to scape at some point, the day I get completionist cape maybe I will quit :)

Bbk.png

Having a lot of free time and a lot of updates to catch up on makes me come back usualy for a few weeks then "quit" again, havent logged on for a couple of months but I will when I find the time to get my quest cape back and maybe finish a 99 or two. I just can't play rs day in day out like I used to, I enjoy rs a lot more now if I take it in small doses. I've never intended on quitting for good, I just take breaks from the game sometimes lasting over a year but always intend on coming back to scape at some point, the day I get completionist cape maybe I will quit :)

naw u gotta keep the comp cape

but yea when you stop playing purely to grind skills its a more enjoyable expirience also more time x[)

StarViv.png

I play it every now and then but all of a sudden I found out fun things and since then im hooked... the fun just keeps coming and im like a kid with a constant candy flow now :)

Once the candies stop I return to hibernate mode and log in every once in a while, you know maintain the money pile and stuff like that.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I've played more than a few MMOs, including that other big MMORPG with Orcs and Elves and Gnomes... That's the usual reason for me to drift away... I get bored, or I decide to try out a new game, I get caught up for a while, and then I get bored and come back to RS. The real thing that keeps me coming back is my guild. I've been in plenty of clans and guilds and alliances, and none are as much fun as the ladies and gentlemen of SGV1.

And you know, I don't pay 15 bucks a month to get verbally abused by Huntards and Fail Tanks.

I quit for awhile because I got tired of dying all the time due to my crappy dial-up. I now have DSL and don't disconnect every thirty seconds or so.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

The only reason I ever come back these days is to check on bots - and mostly these trips are depressing.

Why most players come back is simple, they have already invested way too much time in THIS game to get into another epic MMO - even though others might be better, more epic, and have much better graphics. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. QUIT NOW! RS is a drug.

(to be fair...prob. true for most games out there...)

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I quit a few years ago because I had no time, the other half was always home or I was doing things. Now she's started working and I have more free time. I started back doing some more 'afk' things, leveling fletching as I can buy the resources and alch for profit (thanks botters) as I, used to be and still mainly are, a pretty self sufficient player - all my smithing xp has come from what I've mined, FM xp from what I've WC, etc.

Then some quests, and deciding I want a QC again so skilling partly for the max levels required for all quests and, my levels not exactly being high meant, I still have plenty I can reasonably easily achieve with the comparitivley little input. Also the initial excitement of XBL has worn off and I can do things like fletch when I'm playing that.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

I like how there are a variety of reasons people are giving for both quitting and coming back now and again. For all its faults, the game does offer entertainment for a small price. Thankfully, I'm not driven to max out a character nor is it necessary to enjoy the game as I'm playing it.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit