Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

For those that "quit", what made you come back?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

firebird308
[ Display Name History ]

firebird308

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SilverFox30
  • Clan:PVM Skilling to 99
I quit for awhile because I got tired of dying all the time due to my crappy dial-up. I now have DSL and don't disconnect every thirty seconds or so.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Vio
[ Display Name History ]

Vio

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 227 posts
Quit in 08 because every honourable clan with a good community appeared to be dead.
I then found WG.

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears
  • RuneScape Status:None
The only reason I ever come back these days is to check on bots - and mostly these trips are depressing.

Why most players come back is simple, they have already invested way too much time in THIS game to get into another epic MMO - even though others might be better, more epic, and have much better graphics. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. QUIT NOW! RS is a drug.

(to be fair...prob. true for most games out there...)
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

WildxYak
[ Display Name History ]

WildxYak

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • RSN:WildxYak
I quit a few years ago because I had no time, the other half was always home or I was doing things. Now she's started working and I have more free time. I started back doing some more 'afk' things, leveling fletching as I can buy the resources and alch for profit (thanks botters) as I, used to be and still mainly are, a pretty self sufficient player - all my smithing xp has come from what I've mined, FM xp from what I've WC, etc.
Then some quests, and deciding I want a QC again so skilling partly for the max levels required for all quests and, my levels not exactly being high meant, I still have plenty I can reasonably easily achieve with the comparitivley little input. Also the initial excitement of XBL has worn off and I can do things like fletch when I'm playing that.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

NukeMarine
[ Display Name History ]

NukeMarine

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • RSN:Nukemarine
I like how there are a variety of reasons people are giving for both quitting and coming back now and again. For all its faults, the game does offer entertainment for a small price. Thankfully, I'm not driven to max out a character nor is it necessary to enjoy the game as I'm playing it.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Godliest
[ Display Name History ]

Godliest

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • RSN:Godliest
I stopped because I slowly became tired of the game but returned after playing other mmorpg games and deciding RS is probably the one which I enjoy the most.
Godliest's Blog - Check it out!

Posted Image

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:GregorDGrim
I quit playing (I only had 100 hours in the game anyway) because my sons stopped playing. They started again and after a few months to make sure they were sticking with it for a while, I repurchased membership so that I could play alongside them. I've been more active with it than they have over the past month, though.

Perakp
[ Display Name History ]

Perakp

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • RSN:Perakp
  • Clan:TSG
I figured my soul would never rest unless I completed this game, so here I am. :)

Turnpike
[ Display Name History ]

Turnpike

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • RSN:Turnpikes
  • Clan:PvMS
Every time I quit anymore it is due to real life. Mostly work, but sometimes due to boredom or crappy updates. I just come back because I know there's always a 99 to get, and needless to say every time it has worked. :)

Turnpikes.png

meb
[ Display Name History ]

meb

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • RSN:Red ftk bolt
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild
New updates :D
Retired
2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
I'm currently away from the game atm due to College, Xbox 360, and boredom due to excessive grinds at my levels. When i get the gumption to fully tackle max total i'll return.

Low_C.png

J a m e s
[ Display Name History ]

J a m e s

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I quit because being a slave got a little boring, but then my life became empty so I needed a second job again.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Mojojono
[ Display Name History ]

Mojojono

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts
I started playing Runescape the day after the Slayer skill was released(no idea what date this was).

I quit in December 2007 because all my close friends who I played with had stopped playing and decided to play WoW instead, rather than be on my own in RuneScape I followed them.

I played WoW regularly up until Janurary of this year, I was in a world top100 PvE guild raiding several times a week but had to stop to focus on my final year at University to get a decent grade.

Although I didn't have enough time to dedicate myself to raiding in WoW, I still had some spare "bored" time I wanted to fill and decided to give RuneScape another try, I've played a couple hours each day since then.

Basically I came back after a 3Year break because I didn't have enough spare time to play WoW, but wanted to fill it with some other MMORPG content which didn't require me to be on for a set amount each week.

obidiah
[ Display Name History ]

obidiah

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 109 posts
I think even when it's got to the point where the level grinding is no longer interesting, it's always worth coming back to play the new quests and stuff when they've built up a little. (and it's fun to give some of the new minigames and distractions and diversions a quick go too)

Quests were always my favourite bit of the game anyway. Say what you like about other parts of the game, quests haven't really been affected by other changes. - plenty of quality still coming out. Right now i've got to get 4 extra skill total to play Ritual of the Mahjarrat which has got me levelling again.

ReapMe
[ Display Name History ]

ReapMe

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • RSN:M-Theory11
  • RSN2:Apathetic
I quit because this game takes too much of my time, then I start playing again because I have too much free time, then I quit because this game takes too much of my time, then I ... well yah it keeps going like this.
What?

Posted Image

iNeppg
[ Display Name History ]

iNeppg

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • RSN:Neppg
  • Clan:HYT
I started Runescape in '05 and have quit two times after that, first it was in '07 because I started another game. Came back after a few months. Next time quit in '09 due to my military service and lack of playing time. Wasn't even interested of the game anyway anymore. Came back in '11 to fill the free time. And now I'm playing too much again.
Posted Image

Deathknell
[ Display Name History ]

Deathknell

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Deathknell
Never have quit, but quit giving them money. It only seemed to encoruage them. :rolleyes:
I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Trojann2
[ Display Name History ]

Trojann2

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,938 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Trojann2
  • Clan:SoDB
Dagannoth Kings

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens
~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~
Posted Image
Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Zerker_Jane
[ Display Name History ]

Zerker_Jane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • RSN:Zerker Jane
Usually when I "quit" it's because I can't access Runescape for whatever reason.
Posted Image
99 farm easy

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I came back because of clanning. That's really the only thing keeping me playing this game right now.

j0xPu5R.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users