Tip.It Times - 18th September 2011

Rainy_Day

A question to consider: What exactly is it about bots that frustrate you? The fact that they're getting stuff for free? The fact that they're leveling faster and thus, "better" than you? It's not fair that you had to "work" hard while the bots don't have to "work?"

The thing that frustrates me is their taking up resources, making it hard to train.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sona, i could use a hug :P

and yea, we can [bleep] whine and moan all we want... unless jagex does something radical nothing will really change. and if history is anything to go by, when jagex changes anything, many will still complain about how it was "better" before. (not to say that it really wasnt better before bots came around)

one thing is for sure, there will always be people like me that keeps on playing even as the game burns itself to the ground.... :wall:

Meepok.png

didn't we have that DYK like a month or so ago?

~~~legoman187~~~

Yes, thank you for noticing. I submitted it originally back when the Dwarven War Axe first came out.

They could have at least added some new information like " It also allows you to carry an additional shade or vyrewatch to the pyres." or " It's also handy when killing the phoenix since it can both light his pyre & chisel down all the extra gems you collect in the lair into bolt tips to save space but they didn't. :thumbdown:

lord_uathen.png

Commenting on the first article.

I think most of the skill in RS is minimizing the grinding and that is why so few play it after a certain time in their life. While there may be some skill in nex and Castle Wars (never really did them so Idk) and there is skill in dungeoneering efficiently, most other aspects of the non-PvP aspects of the game are almost entirely stat and equipment based rather than skill based.

Neltak.png

Am I the only one trying to figure out how someone managed to get 10gb of RAM in their computer?

lol I'm running 12GB DDR3 & two 6 core processors (12 Cores total).

Time to update?

I should clarify, how to get exactly 10gb. 4-4-1-1 seems to be the only way, but that would be pantsonhead retarded.

Am I the only one trying to figure out how someone managed to get 10gb of RAM in their computer?

lol I'm running 12GB DDR3 & two 6 core processors (12 Cores total).

Time to update?

I should clarify, how to get exactly 10gb. 4-4-1-1 seems to be the only way, but that would be pantsonhead retarded.

Ah I see your point now, 2-2-2-2-2-0 lol, me thinks someone was telling porkies.

Just my own thoughts:

Maybe I am a bit "old school" as well when it comes to MMORPG's as well. I have always understood such types of sandbox games to REQUIRE a player to devote time to his character in order to build it to a respectable, albeit desired, level of skill mastery. In fact, all the MMORPG's I have sampled over time have this SAME aspect of them....TIME. To me, that is the whole point of playing them, to spend time developing your character so that you can have certain "bragging rights" about a particular skill, etcetera, and how you developed your character based on the parameters of the game. In my view, ONLY, I do not see the point of playing a MMORPG if you are not willing to sacrifice the time in the developing of your character....that is what other "types" of faster paced leveling games are for to me.

I do not hold just Jagex responsible for the "vocalized", apparent, decline of the game play. After all, one cannot argue that it is the PLAYERS that make or break a particular game, and not just the developers. I have played other games that simply did not appeal to me based solely on their communities, and I am confident that there are many of you reading this that have come across the same. A game can have "so-so" graphics, what have you, and yet are a joy to play in your spare time just because the game's community if fun, friendly, and helpful. Then there are those that have HD graphics, awesome weapons/armors, and yet fall short of drawing in a massive player base solely due to having a rude, downright hostile community environment which turns off the "newbs" right from the start.

I guess what it all boils down to for me is that I continue playing RuneScape because of my own personal goals within the game. I used to love interacting with the community back in circa 2001-2005, but those days are long past now and I firmly believe will never return. Why? Because many have grown up, taken on demanding jobs, college, families...and no longer have the available time to play online games anymore. Plus, many players from back then are accustomed to a different "style" of play wherein one "works" hard for his character's recognition. So that leaves the community with the "new" style of player...the ones that want instant gratification, instant mega-wealth, instant recognition as a "skiller" as opposed to the "veteran" player that came up with the game when there were no "boosts" or "easy" ways to come by fame; where one put in the time to develop his/her character. And so we have the "cheaters" of the game that try to make up for the actual years of play a veteran has devoted to his character by macroing his way to fame...but that leads me back to thinking: Why play a MMORPG sandbox game in the first place if you cannot devote the time to a character that they require? Why not just play those "faster" type games instead?

I don't know if those questions will ever be properly addressed....

RuneScape to me became famous not because of the constant updates, or the fancy gear, or even for the Skill "boosts" or alluring "program benefits" introduced into the game. It became famous because of the community, in my view. And it will be the community that dictates where the game will go...because, in the end, if the community dwindles, the developers will effect changes to regrow it, and keep us staying at our keyboards day in and day out. Good, or bad, that is the way of the game world: No players means no game.

Happy Scaping, folks.

PS. This is only MY viewpoint...biased as it may be.

:P

Taliesyn.png

"Like Cornelius Agrippa, I am god, I am hero, I am philosopher, I am demon and I am world, which is a tedious way of saying that I do not exist." ---The Immortal

Well I dunno about you but I find the mass numbers of automated characters, all of whom are now occupying all of the primary and secondary training/earning spaces to the point that every such spot, on every world, is now so thoroughly saturated with them that it has become positively fruitless to even attempt to use said spots, absolutely annoying.

Personally, I don't care WHY they're there, anymore. I just want them gone.

We've tried reporting them and were ignored.

We've tried competing with them and were overwhelmed.

We've tried killing them (where places allowed) and were assaulted by their in-game protectors.

We've tried complaining about them to management and have been ignored (again).

What's left to do?

Riot? :unsure:

The large number of bots suggests two things.

1. Many people are interested in what the bots can bring - in this case, levels. Which = prestige = e-peen for 13 yr olds = make botters feel good.

2 Secondary market of gold is strong enough for many to invest in it. See above.

A question to consider: What exactly is it about bots that frustrate you? The fact that they're getting stuff for free? The fact that they're leveling faster and thus, "better" than you? It's not fair that you had to "work" hard while the bots don't have to "work?"

What you could do is maybe perpetuate a mindset, like the author has suggested, but it's awfully hard to do in a game designed for screaming idiots who go I PK U!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!. You could perhaps live in the satisfaction that you may have, I dunno, swayed five people, four of which who will quit or bot behind their mighty, steely mask's back? :P

Or you could outcompete them. A bot is running, fundamentally, off of reflections. This means that it should still be slower than a person, no matter how agile it may be. Possibly ignore them. The question then becomes if you're willing to give up efficiency or not, isn't it?

Until Jagex does something, you've really exhausted all your options. We can maybe give you a hug or something, but that's about it.

Many people are interested in what bots can bring because they are lazy and Jagex cannot or will not do anything about them. They cannot be "outcompeted" because their numbers are too vast, and even the places that used to be the domains of high-level players, like GWD and TD's, are now becoming botted.

A bot doesn't care if it makes one kill in 20 minutes -- but a human does. It's a waste of time when the game becomes unplayable because the bots are so thick that you cannot see the targets or drops anymore.

What do you suggest we do? Build a fire and sing "Kumbaya" until Jagex does something about it? th_kumbaya.gif

It's not just a question of efficiency anymore, either -- it's a question of playability.

Frankly -- I think the best idea I have seen, so far, for addressing with the botting problem, would be if a large group of people went to Runefest 2011, all dressed the same, and they all scurried around the place in a tight group occupying every spot for a few seconds. I think it would be precisely the kind of embarrassment that Jagex needs to wake up and realize just how bad this problem has become, and to get off their collectively backsides and DO something about it ...

<_<

nyuseg.png

@sona, i could use a hug :P

A hug is all I can give. :P

Many people are interested in what bots can bring because they are lazy and Jagex cannot or will not do anything about them. They cannot be "outcompeted" because their numbers are too vast, and even the places that used to be the domains of high-level players, like GWD and TD's, are now becoming botted.

A bot doesn't care if it makes one kill in 20 minutes -- but a human does. It's a waste of time when the game becomes unplayable because the bots are so thick that you cannot see the targets or drops anymore.

Judging from reactions from botting websites, Jagex do ban bots. However, the ban rate is abysmally slow - slow enough to make little to no difference in every day playing from our perspective. For instance, I've seen the same RCers in W42 for the last three days straight. I think they do get banned at some point, personally, but again, I myself am unaware of the situation at hand, seeing that I avoid high level combat areas like the plague. But I'm gonna guess that it's basically LRC with combat involved, right?

The biggest problem that they can't outright use player moderators or staff to ban is that an entire account is on the online. I often have public off because ... well, between people hitting on me and the constant LVLS? OMG U NO ANSWER U MUST BE BOT, I'm sure you can see why. The problem is, being that the behavior is so repetitive in game, you can't really tell me apart from say, a bot, unless they're a level 3 with the name IlIIIIlllllll or something.

So, in the end, Jagex may or not be aware of the problem. If they're aware of the problem, they may or not have a way around it. If they have a method, they may or not be deploying it. If they're deploying it, they may or not be doing it in the near future.

You see where this is going? Unlike other games, Jagex is quite mysterious about its methodology. We're completely in the dark. So... nothing we could do. Maybe sing Kumbaya if you think it'll help? :P

"But Sona! You should 'socialize' with everyone! Its wut makes the game fun!!1!"

If socializing is about talking about your levels and how many clicks you need to get to the next level or your favorite boyband, I. will. pass. Thank you. The chat interface is not very useful for any kind of meaningful conversation, because most of my sentences are far too long for the client to handle in one go. That, and I don't come to RS to socialize. That's what real life is for.

Also, as bad as the P2P bots are, I think the F2P players have it a lot worse. I guess there is something that we could be thankful for?

Judging from reactions from botting websites, Jagex do ban bots. However, the ban rate is abysmally slow - slow enough to make little to no difference in every day playing from our perspective.

Strange, from what I've read on RS Bot-Site forums, not only doesn't Jagex ban bots, but the bot-maker/users are all gleefully claiming that Jagex cannot or will not stop them and roll-backs are a total joke. Of course, I've only read from about a half-dozen forums, so I may be mistaken but I'd wager that there's not a signle botter who's worried at this point in time that Jagex is doing anything about them.

I myself am unaware of the situation at hand, seeing that I avoid high level combat areas like the plague. But I'm gonna guess that it's basically LRC with combat involved, right?

Which merely demonstrates why you don't understand my point. It's the high-level combat areas that are now becoming so grotesquely inundated with bots, that there's virtually nothing left for "real" players to train or, more importantly, earn on.

The biggest problem that they can't outright use player moderators or staff to ban is that an entire account is on the online.

This is a bad thing how?

I often have public off because ... well, between people hitting on me and the constant LVLS? OMG U NO ANSWER U MUST BE BOT, I'm sure you can see why. The problem is, being that the behavior is so repetitive in game, you can't really tell me apart from say, a bot, unless they're a level 3 with the name IlIIIIlllllll or something.

Which, again, clearly demonstrates that you don't understand or cannot identify what a bot looks like in game. It's not a simple issue of the gamer-tag, or the lack of "talking" that gives away a bot's identity. There's EASY ways to identify bots especially for Jmods as has already been discussed in these forums numerous time. I suggest you acquaint yourself with them. All it takes, and this has been done before, is to quietly modify the "path" or some other aspect of the bots' progress. If the character gets stuck in a consistent pattern of behaviour as a result of this modification, then it's obviously a bot. If it immediately adjusts to it - it's human.

So, in the end, Jagex may or not be aware of the problem.

Honestly how can they NOT be aware of this problem?

If they're aware of the problem, they may or not have a way around it. If they have a method, they may or not be deploying it. If they're deploying it, they may or not be doing it in the near future.

You see where this is going? Unlike other games, Jagex is quite mysterious about its methodology. We're completely in the dark. So... nothing we could do. Maybe sing Kumbaya if you think it'll help? :P

See this is where you and I will differ. You assume that "not complaining and leaving it in the hands of Jagex" is a better solution mainly because it is abundantly clear that you're not familiar with the scope of the problem.

If you're not a part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

"But Sona! You should 'socialize' with everyone! Its wut makes the game fun!!1!"

If socializing is about talking about your levels and how many clicks you need to get to the next level or your favorite boyband, I. will. pass. Thank you. The chat interface is not very useful for any kind of meaningful conversation, because most of my sentences are far too long for the client to handle in one go. That, and I don't come to RS to socialize. That's what real life is for.

Playing with your chat off is your own choice, of course, but if that is the extent of the conversation you're getting in game, then I entirely suggest you try another skill or another place to train your skilling ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

@ Scotaidh "Why play a MMORPG sandbox game in the first place if you cannot devote the time to a character that they require? Why not just play those "faster" type games instead?"

Hmmmmm I really don't know, most people I know only play Call of duty, GTA, and WOW (Wow more or less now). :unsure:

@ Sona "Also, as bad as the P2P bots are, I think the F2P players have it a lot worse. I guess there is something that we could be thankful for?"

You do realize the sheer amount of bots in lumbridge pretty much makes it impossable for a noob f2per to get started in the game?

@Blyaunte

Well I dunno about you but I find the mass numbers of automated characters, all of whom are now occupying all of the primary and secondary training/earning spaces to the point that every such spot, on every world, is now so thoroughly saturated with them that it has become positively fruitless to even attempt to use said spots, absolutely annoying.

We've tried killing them (where places allowed) and were assaulted by their in-game protectors.

What's left to do?

Riot?

*quickly throws "down with bots" sign into corner*

Oh I don't know... :-w

And I didn't know they had ingame protectors, I thought that guys was a jerk trying to get my whip!

Well... who wants to go pking. :shades:

And I didn't know they had ingame protectors, I thought that guys was a jerk trying to get my whip!

Well... who wants to go pking. :shades:

Yeah they usually have two or three in-game protectors now watching the bots at Green Dragons.

Hell -- they even had "protectors" watching the bots at the Ranging Guild and Karamja to stop bots from being lured and killed. Although that's no longer as important since Jagex nerfed the "items kept on death" thing ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

@Blyaunte:

I can empathize some on what you are saying. Once upon a time, if I got fed up with the macro users, I would simply retreat to my "fortress of solitude", or in Runescape terminology the Brimhaven Dungeon to kill Red Dragons. It was one of the few places I liked that was virtually free of bots....but, alas, that was then and not now. it used to be that one could surely expect bots at the lower resources places, like Ess Mines, specific Coal/Iron/Gold deposits, or lower level combat areas like the Hobgoblins west of the C rafting Guild...but nowadays, the cheats are running amok EVERYWHERE and without thought, nor concern, about getting caught. And all the while, Jagex just seems to make it even easier for them to get away with it....refer to recent Clan Citadel update regarding Alching/Fletching. So, now, macro users can just form a clan, create a Citadel, and bot away on at least those two Skills to their heart's content without EVER being concerned with getting reported by legit, albeit angry, players of the game. Thank you, Jagex, for your great insight....I say.

@XShdaowXx:

I know where you are coming from with your comment directed at me. Nowadays, the ONLY thing that keeps me playing RuneScape are the personal goals I set for myself, and once I have achieved those, adios. And most of the gaming friends I have play either Perfect World, Call Of Duty, WoW, or League Of Legends these days too. Which still begs the questions I put forth, but allows for a bit of insight in that most of us, I think, just play Runescape either because we still have some friends there or personal goals we would like to reach, or out of hope for a better future...because many of us have devoted a great deal of time into out characters, and I for one WILL be sad the day I quit because of that aspect alone.

But, hey, that's just me I am speaking about here.....

:-)

Taliesyn.png

"Like Cornelius Agrippa, I am god, I am hero, I am philosopher, I am demon and I am world, which is a tedious way of saying that I do not exist." ---The Immortal

@Blyaunte:

I can empathize some on what you are saying. Once upon a time, if I got fed up with the macro users, I would simply retreat to my "fortress of solitude", or in Runescape terminology the Brimhaven Dungeon to kill Red Dragons. It was one of the few places I liked that was virtually free of bots....but, alas, that was then and not now. it used to be that one could surely expect bots at the lower resources places, like Ess Mines, specific Coal/Iron/Gold deposits, or lower level combat areas like the Hobgoblins west of the C rafting Guild...but nowadays, the cheats are running amok EVERYWHERE and without thought, nor concern, about getting caught. And all the while, Jagex just seems to make it even easier for them to get away with it....refer to recent Clan Citadel update regarding Alching/Fletching. So, now, macro users can just form a clan, create a Citadel, and bot away on at least those two Skills to their heart's content without EVER being concerned with getting reported by legit, albeit angry, players of the game. Thank you, Jagex, for your great insight....I say.

Yeppers -- all those old spots where no one went are now all packed with bots ... <_<

nyuseg.png

[hide]

What's left to do?

Riot? :unsure:

The large number of bots suggests two things.

1. Many people are interested in what the bots can bring - in this case, levels. Which = prestige = e-peen for 13 yr olds = make botters feel good.

2 Secondary market of gold is strong enough for many to invest in it. See above.

What you could do is maybe perpetuate a mindset, like the author has suggested, but it's awfully hard to do in a game designed for screaming idiots who go I PK U!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!. You could perhaps live in the satisfaction that you may have, I dunno, swayed five people, four of which who will quit or bot behind their mighty, steely mask's back? :P

Or you could outcompete them. A bot is running, fundamentally, off of reflections. This means that it should still be slower than a person, no matter how agile it may be. Possibly ignore them. The question then becomes if you're willing to give up efficiency or not, isn't it?

Until Jagex does something, you've really exhausted all your options. We can maybe give you a hug or something, but that's about it.

[/hide]

What do you suggest we do? Build a fire and sing "Kumbaya" until Jagex does something about it? th_kumbaya.gif

It's not just a question of efficiency anymore, either -- it's a question of playability.

Frankly -- I think the best idea I have seen, so far, for addressing with the botting problem, would be if a large group of people went to Runefest 2011, all dressed the same, and they all scurried around the place in a tight group occupying every spot for a few seconds. I think it would be precisely the kind of embarrassment that Jagex needs to wake up and realize just how bad this problem has become, and to get off their collectively backsides and DO something about it ...

<_<

I honestly doubt that would do much. First of all you'd have to find a group of people willing to do it - Before all, people going to Runefest want to have a good time and their foremost goal is not to combat for solutions to the games problem. Then the action would actually have to bother Jagex - if it annoys people at Runefest, they'll probably stop it, and if it doesn't they may address it with a few sentences but I doubt it will do more than that.

I'm going to Runefest myself and while I do plan to have a talk about bots, I don't really want to devote my time on it. By now, I'm just sick and tired of bots, to the point of where I cba to make threads about them or anything like that. Idk, for me Jagex in the recent months has lost a lot of the magic spark they had to me.

I'm continuing to play the game because I have my niche that I like(penguin hunting) where I'm also not bothered by bots. But I'm aware that I'm not exactly the typical RS player, and tbh for a lot of people I'm wondering why they're still playing.

....and I have no idea what that last part even has to do anything lol. Just me babbling again I guess.

You do realize the sheer amount of bots in lumbridge pretty much makes it impossable for a noob f2per to get started in the game?

I brought up this point already elsewhere earlier in the thread. We agree, then, that F2P is a miserable place to be in. However. Weren't those autotalker bots more or less always there? I remember them from 2004. I definitely see them still now.

Strange, from what I've read on RS Bot-Site forums, not only doesn't Jagex ban bots, but the bot-maker/users are all gleefully claiming that Jagex cannot or will not stop them and roll-backs are a total joke. Of course, I've only read from about a half-dozen forums, so I may be mistaken – but I'd wager that there's not a signle botter who's worried at this point in time that Jagex is doing anything about them.

Looks like we're looking at different sources, then. The folks who are operating on larger scales than the US - mostly those located outside of English speaking regions - note that banning is indeed a concern. It's now your word against mine, but I think we can agree on that no matter how lax the issue is, the rule is technically there. That is, in theory, botters are at risk of getting banned. Can we at least agree there?

This is a bad thing how?

You ban innocent players, it generates bad rep. As simple as that. This is bad for obvious reasons. People would rather play a bot-infested game than a game where one is at risk for randomly being banned. For further reference, I suggest looking into most of the isometric MMOs developed around 2003-2004. Ragnarok Online, for instance, which was a big deal in parts of Southeast Asia, suffered a huge drop in popularity when a player who was unfairly banned brought a hailstorm of media attention to Gravity Inc.

Which, again, clearly demonstrates that you don't understand or cannot identify what a bot looks like in game. It's not a simple issue of the gamer-tag, or the lack of "talking" that gives away a bot's identity. There's EASY ways to identify bots – especially for Jmods – as has already been discussed in these forums numerous time. I suggest you acquaint yourself with them. All it takes, and this has been done before, is to quietly modify the "path" or some other aspect of the bots' progress. If the character gets stuck in a consistent pattern of behaviour as a result of this modification, then it's obviously a bot. If it immediately adjusts to it - it's human.

I don't think we're arguing from different sides here. You failed to understand the point I was illustrating. I simply point out that Jagex does little (if any) to impede the progress of obvious bots. If the current system cannot even detect IIllIlIlI, how do you expect to detect more advanced scripts?

The real question is that if they can quietly modify the path to impede the bot's progress, why haven't they done it? I'd tell you why, but I think it's pointless because neither you or I actually have the capability to use the system. To put it bluntly, Runescape may be a well-designed concept, but its engine is anything but.

Seriously. There are copies of RS's source code floating around. If you're really interested, it doesn't hurt to go take a look!

Honestly – how can they NOT be aware of this problem?

Because the purpose of a company, first and foremost, is to make money? So long as subscription numbers roll in - and I've pointed out elsewhere, it has been - does it really matter to them?

The answer may be no. That's probably not what you want to hear, but that may very well be the truth. Frankly, they may not see it as a problem - not a significant problem, unlike how you or I may view it.

Look. I'm sorry to say this, but you're known in the industry as the vocal minority. In the best case scenario, you're listened to. Maybe the exec might take a note or two and pass it onto the rest of the team. In most cases, you're simply ignored. I've noticed that on the wiki there was a page detailing all the riots. Do you honestly believe that rioting players accomplished anything other than perhaps making themselves look bad?

Much like an abusive relationship, MMOs use psychology very well, and often to their advantage. Players are expendable. You could always be replaced by another who doesn't care, or another who's more willing to hand money out.

Oh, that EULA you signed when you signed up for the game? You basically have no rights - you actually signed all of that away by saying "ok, I'll play your game." I'm sorry. In the grand scheme of things, you, I, anyone on this forum. We're not even a fraction of a fraction of the potential amount of income in which the game brings in. Some companies do listen, yes, but I'll leave you to decide whether or not Jagex listens. You, after all, surely know the environment much better than I do.

See – this is where you and I will differ. You assume that "not complaining and leaving it in the hands of Jagex" is a better solution – mainly because it is abundantly clear that you're not familiar with the scope of the problem.

If you're not a part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

No. What I'm suggesting is that you actually act like an adult about it. Have you done your part? If yes, then move on. There's nothing else left for you to do. You can be well informed. You can educate others. You can maybe even scare or convince others into doing the right thing, but insofar as the scope of responsibility, you've done what you can as a player.

Yes, agitate up enough players and Jagex may accomplish something, but the place to agitate is not here. It's on somewhere where people are more likely to actually read your opinions. And, the majority of the community - the 170k or so players logged on at any given moment - seem quite used to the topic now. Go to the official forums. You see basically the same usernames bumping the same topic, over and over again. This implies a degree of tolerance. I am not stating that the tolerance is acceptable or unacceptable, but you have to ask yourself. If the problem is as serious as you claim, why aren't more people worked up about it?

The answer is: problem isn't irritating enough to make enough people quit. Jagex win because Jagex gets money. Bots win because bots get whatever bots want. Who's the loser here?

You. For being upset and not getting what you want. I understand that you're one of those entrenched players here. I respect your longevity and the amount time you've spent on the game, but your attitude, while righteous (and possibly) correct, accomplishes little.

I don't actually play Runescape anymore, but I still read the Tip.It Times every once in a while...

Regarding the second article, why not take the idea a step further? Why not make skills un-buyable altogether?

Eliminate the ability to buy skills, and as the author pointed, much of the demand for RWT would disappear.

At the core of the whole problem is that gold has become over-powered. I don't think Jagex's original intentions were to make skills buyable anyway, it just happened as a side-effect of economic expansion.

I don't actually play Runescape anymore, but I still read the Tip.It Times every once in a while...

Regarding the second article, why not take the idea a step further? Why not make skills un-buyable altogether?

Eliminate the ability to buy skills, and as the author pointed, much of the demand for RWT would disappear.

At the core of the whole problem is that gold has become over-powered. I don't think Jagex's original intentions were to make skills buyable anyway, it just happened as a side-effect of economic expansion.

So what you're saying is, players shouldn't be able to trade at all?

i've not read all of the previous comments, but i'd just like to add that i found this game originally as something to do when i was at work on my lunch break - back then it was RSC. I didn't particularly love it, but it was nice and simple.

I'm now 28 and i probably play more than i used to in the last few years, but only because the game chills me out and even for all of the updates, it's still a nice easy game to get on with. Nothing is complicated and it's easy to just log in, play for an hour, then log off again. My wife even plays every now and then, as it's something we can do together.

Long live Runescape :)

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png