Rebuilding trust in the community?

codecRS

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust in Jagex? I'd rather buy some Fannie Mae stocks thanks.

"Lots of strategy meetings this morning. Today is the first day we rebuild trust in the community!"

Herp derp....did you really fail to read what he said? Jagex is rebuilding OUR trust in THEM...obviously.

Really, you think it is that obvious?

Because with Jagex' history and all this could perfectly be one of those nice wordplays where you think they mean that but they actually mean Jagex' trust in the community.

Aka. pr [cabbage].

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

- that one guy in the unmarked white van

(perhaps they could start with the censorship squad that lurks around the RSOF)

The guy trying to get in my pants who thinks everything I have to say is soooooo interesting. :P

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

I's curious to see how they're going to rebuild the trust.

There's very little they can within Community Management to do that as most of the problems are in other areas of the company, mainly due to bots others due to bugs/glitches and lack of quality content (although to be fair, despite having a poor first half of the year the last two months have been a hell of a lot better).

I don't really see how Community Management themselves can do that unless they start publishing more information regarding bots but that'd be useless unless they step up their action against them which is outside their hands.

There's very little they can within Community Management to do that as most of the problems are in other areas of the company, mainly due to bots others due to bugs/glitches and lack of quality content (although to be fair, despite having a poor first half of the year the last two months have been a hell of a lot better).

I don't really see how Community Management themselves can do that unless they start publishing more information regarding bots but that'd be useless unless they step up their action against them which is outside their hands.

I know how.

Details.

Jagex is notoriously vague about everything. Start giving us details about everything, except content updates. That'll help a lot. :thumbup:

I know how.

Details.

Jagex is notoriously vague about everything. Start giving us details about everything, except content updates. That'll help a lot. :thumbup:

Details about what though? There's not really a whole lot they can talk about that they don't already in some shape that would make a huge difference. I certainly can't think of anything (besides more information on bots as I stated, but that'd be very limited information they could give)

I know how.

Details.

Details about what though? There's not really a whole lot they can talk about that they don't already in some shape that would make a huge difference. I certainly can't think of anything (besides more information on bots as I stated, but that'd be very limited information they could give)

Like I said, about everything. Maybe it won't change their actions, but it would certainly change how I view them if I actually knew what was going on over there. I'm tired of the crap we get now that are the same recycled public statements.

I know how.

Details.

Like I said, about everything. Maybe it won't change their actions, but it would certainly change how I view them if I actually knew what was going on over there. I'm tired of the crap we get now that are the same recycled public statements.

Give me an example of what they could say more about because I really can't think of anything that would make a difference, at least to me personally. The only thing that could be potentially interesting is content updates which they do often provide things like Developer Diaries for (or whatever they're called) which is nice.

Tell us how manybots were acted against this week. Tell us how many of that number were detected from their bot detection software. Tell us how many of that number were detected by people submitting in-game reports. Tell us how many were detected through mods logging in-game to check for bots.

Tell us how many mods worked on bots. Tell us how many hours those mods spent per day. Tell us how much they paid that week paying those mods to do it. I don't even need a graph, I'll take a spreadsheet.

Tell us how manybots were acted against this week. Tell us how many of that number were detected from their bot detection software. Tell us how many of that number were detected by people submitting in-game reports. Tell us how many were detected through mods logging in-game to check for bots.

Tell us how many mods worked on bots. Tell us how many hours those mods spent per day. Tell us how much they paid that week paying those mods to do it. I don't even need a graph, I'll take a spreadsheet.

That's what I said originally, botting information :P.

But I'd much rather they actually improved what they do against bots now rather than publish that data. The data is meaningless if the game is still overrun by bots constantly like it is now so while that information would be nice to have I'd rather have it once their systems are improved to cope with the current number of botters. Action speaks louder than words as they say and that's something which is out of the hands of Community Management.

Also there's no way in hell they'd give people's salary, I know I wouldn't want my salary to be public information and I fail to see how that would change anything.

But I'd much rather they actually improved what they do against bots now rather than publish that data. The data is meaningless if the game is still overrun by bots constantly like it is now so while that information would be nice to have I'd rather have it once their systems are improved to cope with the current number of botters. Action speaks louder than words as they say and that's something which is out of the hands of Community Management.

Also there's no way in hell they'd give people's salary, I know I wouldn't want my salary to be public information and I fail to see how that would change anything.

I wouldn't ask them for information of payment per employee, but would like it if they gave us a total number. And the point isn't about imporving the game in this thread. It's about improving trust and I think that details is how they'd gain trust. It would definitely a big step forward.

I wouldn't ask them for information of payment per employee, but would like it if they gave us a total number. And the point isn't about imporving the game in this thread. It's about improving trust and I think that details is how they'd gain trust. It would definitely a big step forward.

To improve trust it's pointless them continuing to say things and then show no action for it. For improve trust within the community then they need to start taking action against things which the community dislikes (that's worded awkwardly and not exactly what I mean but I'm sure you'll understand).

To me the only way they can improve their trust is by improving what they do against bots for example amongst other things. It's absolutely 100% pointless for them to start saying numbers about bots when they're still ruining the game. If they say they're banning 100k bots a month, well that's good to know but it doesn't change a thing as I see no indication of that within the game itself so that number may as well be 0. That's my point, it's great if they do share that information but without action to go alongside it it's meaningless and is just Jagex trying to win some brownie points with their players for doing very little.

Wait, they have to say something... and then actually do it? :eek:

Yeah, and in celebration of thise happening I'll change water into wine, lead into gold, and turn myself back into a virgin. :mellow:

Funny, I'm sure if anyone asks for an obvious issue on rs, the first thing that would come to the mind of most, if not all, would be bots.

For a guy who works for jagex, he clearly doesn't have a clue, been talking to him on twitter, he seems rather unaware of what the top issue is, or he's just pretending. Is this guy new or something?

Twitter conv

Edit2: I do not want the pic to be shown in here, rather just a link.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Funny, I'm sure if anyone asks for an obvious issue on rs, the first thing that would come to the mind of most, if not all, would be bots.

For a guy who works for jagex, he clearly doesn't have a clue, been talking to him on twitter, he seems rather unaware of what the top issue is, or he's just pretending. Is this guy new or something?

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll254/zaiger/l2logic.png

You apparently have to spoonfeed it to him.

Type 'botting' as reply in an obscenely large size?

Call me pessimistic, but if I were in their shoes, I'd never trust the community.

I mean look at us :lol:

+

i read "Today we start to thrust into the community"

Kim, I see were your coming from lol

Please reply to those tweets with, it begins with a B, ends with a T and if you still can't get it.. Put the first letter of the word Obvious in the middle.

Call me pessimistic, but if I were in their shoes, I'd never trust the community.

I mean look at us :lol:

+

Kim, I see were your coming from lol

Same here. I had to giggle at that. XD

I have to agree with Blyaunte on this one. Honestly, the way the tweet was worded almost confirms they never even TRIED to gain our trust to begin with. :unsure: But hopefully this could mean something good. Definitely a big issue is the bots, including the mass spam of RWT advert bots in game. Would love to see this get squashed down hard. But this isn't something Community Management can handle other than pass on info, if at all any that is possible, about the current bot-war situation.

However, I think this has something to do with what happened on the RSOF in the past two months regarding a certain person's actions and Jagex's response to that (I won't use this thread to justify or argue against the response), since there was quite the uproar and misconceptions being made. Another situation: rumors of Jagex mods having informed players of the climbing boots price change before the update came out (again, not using this thread to argue or justify any position here either). Although I'm quite sure there are many more examples, but these are the ones that popped into my mind. Another possibility: the feeling that Jagex doesn't care how the game is doing so long as they're gaining money and will push any means to get it (adverts in-F2P-game to join members after attaining a certain level in a skill, the Refer-a-Friend program, members' loyalty programme, the promotions for the game cards, etc.). (No I'm not calling Jagex a bunch of greedy pigs, and again, not going to use this thread to discuss the points for this.) I think that's where this tweet is pushing at.

Trust in a company is not something you can make spring up overnight. It makes no sense to try to get people to trust you. The only thing that people will trust are actions. The only reason why they would mention this now is because their actions have been met with a lot of skepticism by their recent memberbase--not enough to quit but not enough to give the happy word-of-mouth they'd like. Getting tripped over the fact that it seems like they 'didn't try' in the past is silly...because they simply didn't. They just reliably churned out game content, measures of innovation, and other things. Unfortunately for them, now it's hurting their perception.

hzvjpwS.gif

To be fair, this is probably a more accurate description of what Jagex is actually doing :lol:

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

To be fair, this is probably a more accurate description of what Jagex is actually doing :lol:

Thrusting themselves into the arms of an unhappy, insane community of players? :blink:

Thrusting themselves into the arms of an unhappy, insane community of players? :blink:

And then we strangle them with our arms :lol:

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

And then we strangle them using our arms :lol:

I'm not sure if it was the smiley face or the text, but I busted out laughing. :D

Turnpikes.png