Oct's blog - 106/120 Slayer, 113 Magic!

YES it's blogtime! Figured I'd start one here because whynot, and a nice way to keep track of things too :)
I guess I'm a third year/unemployed/Open University/Durham university student, or something, and call me Dan!

Oh, and I overuse smilies :D

Soooooo I guess most of you know me to some extent/see me ingame etc, I'm almost always on w119 so say hi if you see me :D as for clan chats I'm basically always in Ezkatons fc (Ezzy <3<3) and the EoE CC :D

My overall goal is probably max/completionist cape probably, but I'm not really bothered about getting it anytime soon, for now its mostly getting 90+ all I think! K so I got max cape :P Comp here I come

Starting Stats:

startingstats.png

Current Goal - 99 Runecrafting and Agility through effigies from Glacors!

These have to be my favourite boss in the entire game by far :D and its great to see my cashpile shooting up like it is from them too! I'l probably try go for 90 mining and agility while doing these, for 90+ all and so I can do basically do all my effigies myself.

A few numbers: (last update: 13/10)

Slayer-icon.png 6213
Starved_ancient_effigy.gif 78
Clue_scroll.gif 6 (Elites only)
Shards_of_armadyl.png Lost count!
Armadyl_battlestaff.gif 2
Ragefire_boots.gif 6
Steadfast_boots.gif 6
Glaiven_boots.gif 10
Skull.png 6

And a few pictures from them sofar:

[spoiler=Glacors :D]dropdropdrops.png
glacytes_combat.png
b2b2beffigies.png

I'l keep these updated I guess :)

Past/Ongoing Goals - 99 a month for a year

It was probably crazy to make this goal in the first place, but here's the rundown sofar:

Jan - 99 Hitpoints
Feb - 99 Magic
Mar - 99 Summoning
Apr - 99 Attack, 99 Strength, 99 Defence
May - 99 Firemaking
Jun - 99 Dungeoneering
July - 99 Ranged
Aug - 99 Slayer, 99 Crafting
Sept - 99 Herblore

As for other goals, I'm still upto date with my '99 a month for a year' goal, and I'l post things in here soon I guess :) Thieving for next month most probably, unless I do an inhuman amount of glacors. I'm usually fairly free to go bossing and such, and I'm more than happy to take people to try bosses if they're unsure on anything there :) - I can't actually remember the last time I wasn't a tank at a boss :P

More stuff to come soon!

In other news...

FINALLY starting to play Bioshock 2 today :) I know I'm very behind on console gaming, but been putting this one off down to friends saying its not quite as good as the first.. but its gotta be fun still, right?

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

<3: <3:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

<3: <3: <3: <3: I win.

Also started playing Zelda 2 yesterday, its so very difficult yet awesome :D those free NES games are pretty epic on 3DS, and NES Open golf was actually much better than I expected!

Still trying to get the hammer though, not so far into it yet...

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Also started playing Zelda 2 yesterday, its so very difficult yet awesome :D those free NES games are pretty epic on 3DS, and NES Open golf was actually much better than I expected!

<3: <3: <3: <3: <3: <3: You were saying?

And :P haha sounds good man! I kinda did drinking last night, as you know, and it didn't go well... Half a bottle of Capt Morgans Spiced and then a trebel? D: Ugh! I'm never drinkeneering again...

But sounds good for you! Get back to uni soon please? <3:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Good luck with Glacors! I can't wait till I'll be able to try them out. :)

How big is your bank at the moment? Must be quite alot, considering your stats. :P

I tend to keep it around 200m, but its growing nicely at the moment due to glacors :) Might post a bank pic if you want, never done one before but I doubt I'd keep it upto date, since it really doesn't often change much :P

And :P haha sounds good man! I kinda did drinking last night, as you know, and it didn't go well... Half a bottle of Capt Morgans Spiced and then a trebel? D: Ugh! I'm never drinkeneering again...

less trebbles and more quaddies I say :D Can't wait to be back for all that even though it might be a tad odd though.. 50" TV is good by me though! :D more than enough reason to be at uni! I'l make sure to send becky your regards ;)

And haiii there greens, get back to DG :P

safersbanner.png

less trebbles and more quaddies I say :D Can't wait to be back for all that even though it might be a tad odd though.. 50" TV is good by me though! :D more than enough reason to be at uni! I'l make sure to send becky your regards ;)

And haiii there greens, get back to DG :P

Dear God... Quaddies... I'd have been even worse... I mean c'mon:

[hide=Content of an Adult Nature]dsc00148x.jpg[/hide]

I had actually drunk more than I thought... I swore it was half the bottle... When I found it today in the fridge exactly where I had put it (I assume no one has drunk from it) and that is even less than half the bottle left! D:

Yeahs... it's strange being back at uni... And for some reason I've not been sleeping very well at all >.< And hell yes! 50" TV... Ima come up one weekend just to say hi to the TV ;D And thank you! ;)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

So, I haven't really been playing RS that much atall these past few days - trying to catch up on console gaming before I run off back to uni next week :)

However, thought I'd post up these. I'm not exactly sure when I started rune, aside from knowing one of my friends in year 7 introduced it to me, which must've been a good 7 years ago now. Started playing for real I guess in 2006, and since then I've always done a screenshot of my levels on Christmas eve each year (god knows why then, why not new years? :S)

ChristmasEve2007.jpg

ChristmasEve2008.jpg

Christmaseve2009.png

Christmaseve2010.png

Funny thing is, I remember them like they were yesterday, funny how time flies. Oh, and a photo from the day I got my questcape :)

QuestCape19-04-08.jpg

In Other News..

I finished the original zelda game last night! :D I've started it loads of times but never seen it through, final boss was a bit peasy though. Starting Zelda 2 today and its so very difficult and odd and side-scrolly yet awesome :)

Also finished Bioshock 2, which was amazing! Don't see what I had to worry about thinking it ended weirdly, thought it worked fine and big sisters ARE PURE EVIL.

safersbanner.png

So Zelda: Four Swords came out yesterday on the 3DS store :D basically is ruling my life now and major nostalgia'ing over it all :) Did a glacor run today, +31 kills +3 shards, nothing major really.

I'l get back into it all soon but tomorrow is DOCTOR WHO! Hopefully it wont dissapoint anyway...

Bit of an old picture :P

KBD.png

safersbanner.png

Combination of the tip.it effigy calculator and figuring out average RC xp/effigy too, It's probably an overestimate anyway (Y)

So I can't really get into playing rune atm, kinda at a massive loose end in general. However did troll invasion and cashed in two lots of pengs (~2 effigies there) for a bit more RC xp :) Oh, and got 88 Mining, so now all 88+ :)

This is an old one:

SteelDragonSlaying.jpg

Also a little bored of my current desktop, any suggestions? My icons get thrown all over the place and messed up down to switching between one and two screens a lot btw.

desktop051011.png

EDIT: Two trips of glacors, +2 effigies, +8 shards, 62 kills.

safersbanner.png

i wish i was actually good at bosses, lol, anyways good luck on all those effigies! :)

i wish i was actually good at bosses, lol, anyways good luck on all those effigies! :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update time :D haven't really done much since back at uni and all the fun that goes with that :/

Few random levels - 2420 total

97 Smith and 95 Con banked

Quick bank check seems to be ~280m which ain't bad, like 15m is going into above skills though.

+78 Glacors, +2 effigies, +2 glaivens, VERY happy with that :D

Bought an ABS and its basically now my favourite weapon evveerrrrr, so much damage :D also ground my shards into runes since its better to put them into those by far now

I'l keep track of total shards now instead.

Oh and also got into barbarian fishing/low alch mining and its great :D don't really need the fishing xp that much but pushing for 90 mining soon for 90+ all yay!

191210Capes-1.png

Me and Ezzy <3 you need to get on rune more!

safersbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd chat on here rather than pester you by text... Which then again after I post this I might well just do for the sake of it :P Looked up Enaid's Glacor guide, chatted to her about it... Dunno how, but I hate them more after trying to understand them than I did before. I really don't think this is a good boss for me. They seem frustrating, awkward, annoying, I have to learn to soul split them, I can't do them efficiently, I'd have to try and do the melee way, I don't have a steel titan, my robes would be crappy and rubbish for them, *insert other reasons why I hate the things* and therefore there is no point in me killing them as my kill per hour rate will be utter... caaahhhhbaaahhhgeeee... I dunno, I wana give them a try but they just seem too much effort to even bother with trying to get my head around, sounds like those who have it down (like yourself) are the ones bothering to kill them, whereas others (like me) just hate them because they're so... Awkward.

Grats on becoming rich though nub... Share I TB'd? Also start 99ing more! Deo is maxing on the 5th!

And yeahs I need to rune more :( <3:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Thought I'd chat on here rather than pester you by text... Which then again after I post this I might well just do for the sake of it :P Looked up Enaid's Glacor guide, chatted to her about it... Dunno how, but I hate them more after trying to understand them than I did before. I really don't think this is a good boss for me. They seem frustrating, awkward, annoying, I have to learn to soul split them, I can't do them efficiently, I'd have to try and do the melee way, I don't have a steel titan, my robes would be crappy and rubbish for them, *insert other reasons why I hate the things* and therefore there is no point in me killing them as my kill per hour rate will be utter... caaahhhhbaaahhhgeeee... I dunno, I wana give them a try but they just seem too much effort to even bother with trying to get my head around, sounds like those who have it down (like yourself) are the ones bothering to kill them, whereas others (like me) just hate them because they're so... Awkward.

Grats on becoming rich though nub... Share I TB'd? Also start 99ing more! Deo is maxing on the 5th!

And yeahs I need to rune more :( <3:

You don't need to have exactly "the most efficient" gear, levels and setup to do Glacors rather profitably. I personally don't have void set, unicorn, or steel titan. Soul splitting is not too hard after you figure it out for a while. And Glacors are very easy to safespot while you kill Glacytes, if you think that is too much to handle. Even safespotting the Glacytes, and without void, titan or SoA I can get 40+ kills /hour with relaxed pace. And upto 45+ per hour not safespotting. Of course that is 15-20 short of what people can get with extreme attention, maxed levels and best possible gear, but it still is over 3m geepees per hour in the long run.

Not to mention it can be upto 300-400k overall experience per hour (including summoning charms and effigies). So you shouldn't give up yet, unless there are better ways for you to make money, and you don't either need effigies/charms/magic experience. :thumbup:

All I wish I was having same loot ratio as Octarine has... :pray:

u5zhkTY.gif

Thought I'd chat on here rather than pester you by text...

Yet you still ended up texting me about it like 15 mins later :P

My brother gets a great killrate and has basically none of the useful things for glacors (not even a fire titan) and uses fire wave too so they're very accessible regardless to be honest :)

Thought I'd do a little update with my setup/inventory whynot, managing to easily push 60kills/hr now, I usually get slowed down by skype/disconnects :P

Haven't updated the OP in a while, so here are additions since the last update:

+859 kills, +10 effigies, +66 shards (crafted into runes), +Steads x3, + Glaiven, +Pengs x3

VERY happy with those :D managed to buy a virtus top with recent profits while keeping the rest of my gear (bandos/arma/spec etc) so thats a nice bonus, trying to gather a full virtus set because I dont really know why.

glacorssetup011111.png

^Hourlong trip since that's how long the titan lasts, could fit more into it but that's about how long my concentration lasts too :P Setup tends to change all the time as I try to upgrade things, recently sold my arcane as an incentive to get up and finally get a CSB

Upcoming goals: CSB (ohai EoE), 94 Runecrafting, Virtus robe bottoms

Edited by Octarine19

safersbanner.png

Well I've been trying these Glacors... Last night killed 3, chewed through 2 and a half brews, used pony until it couldn't be used anymore and my special on my EE was gone... So I died. Today I tried them, got 12 kills, then got killed... These things really don't like me :(

Ah well... Time to be apathetic with bossing until they release something else I can't do.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Well I've been trying these Glacors... Last night killed 3, chewed through 2 and a half brews, used pony until it couldn't be used anymore and my special on my EE was gone... So I died. Today I tried them, got 12 kills, then got killed... These things really don't like me :(

Ah well... Time to be apathetic with bossing until they release something else I can't do.

Keep trying, you'll get the hang of them. I did brutal my first couple of trips and now they're very easy.

Trollbomber.png

Keep trying, you'll get the hang of them. I did brutal my first couple of trips and now they're very easy.

Everyone seems to improve with time, I'm always shocking whenever I decide to go back to TDS but pick it back up within a few runs or so. Though I'm still awful there, yet to get my first claw or shard drop :(

Hit the glorious 3k mark today! :D I'l update tomorrow with progress since the last one and such, and also decided to effigy-craft agility here too :D I love Glacors way too much :P

Sold a load of stuff today to buy virtus legs, likely a mistake but I'l build things up again in time.

safersbanner.png

Yeah, you've got some pretty nice drops for 3k kills. I don't have mine down to the exact number, but I'm probably in the vicinity of 400 kills or so and only 41 shards and an elite so far.

Just like you I decided I'm going to effigy my way to 99 rc and agility haha. I need a total of 232 effigies to go from 94 in both to 99 in both. 99 effigies so far.

Hopefully I can rake in some nice money like you with boots soon :P

Trollbomber.png

Yeah, you've got some pretty nice drops for 3k kills. I don't have mine down to the exact number, but I'm probably in the vicinity of 400 kills or so and only 41 shards and an elite so far.

Just like you I decided I'm going to effigy my way to 99 rc and agility haha. I need a total of 232 effigies to go from 94 in both to 99 in both. 99 effigies so far.

Hopefully I can rake in some nice money like you with boots soon :P

That's what we all hope, don't we, heh.

Shame, I'm currently somewhere along 1/800 with the boots.. Octarines 1/~250 seems too good to be true. :---)

u5zhkTY.gif

• 2 weeks later...

^I'l post the drop pics if you want, though I'm not a major fan of that since it'd be mostly clutter :P

UPDATE: +1058 kills, +19 Effigies, +1 death, +2 elites (junk loot), 2x Ragefire, 1x Glaiven, 1x Steadfast, +133 shards

Currently running a 355 kill dry streak so lets hope that stops soon, though I don't really mind

DG weekend led to 104 DG, been keying a lot more and getting back into that again, its great fun :) Thanks to everyone thats dungeoneered with me sofar this week!

Also led to chaotic staff YAY, so basically killing glacors as fast as I can now, 60k/h when not distracted (typing in skype etc) and trying to figure out how to make it faster..

I'd add a little pretty picture here, but none spring instantly to mind. Something may crop up later. I should probably start taking screenshots of floors and such toooo. Also congrats to my brother Hunter_Ghor for his first glacors boots drop yay :)

safersbanner.png