First 99.

Jruskey2013

Is it worth it to hurry a 99 just so I can have one? I'm 6 mil xp away from 99 fletching, and I really want a 99. But I want to be able to enjoy it too. I could get it in 2 weeks or so, but would it be smart? Or should I get a more respectable first 99? Decisions decisions..

I'd love input. Thank you guys

Unstabletaco.png

Just get whatever you want? No such thing as a respectable 99 lol, and if there ever was a time like that, its gone now. So just level up whatever you want, if you find fletching fun, go ahead and get 99. If you see it as pointless, don't do it. Personally, I've always just leveled whatever I felt like, and eventually that leads to 99 in the skills I enjoy or like. Or if you feel like forcing yourself to get 99s for some newfound respect from some imaginary person, go ahead and do that, not like anybody else has 99s right?

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

I don't have any 99's at 122 combat, and I have never regretted rushing anything. My highest skill is 93 strength and it will probably be my first 99 in a few months. I never really saw the entertainment in rushing a 99. The cape would be a nice reward, but having the trimmed cape is even better, so the grinding seems to never end. I would suggest taking your time. Try to get all the quests done, get some items you wanted and some non-99 skill goals.

Also, when I see a 99 cape for fletching, cooking, firemaking or something like that, I'm not impressed at all. I'm impressed by combat stats, and expensive skills like herblore and prayer.

Toby1knoby20.png

Er just get whatever you personally feel is a good first 99 then? For some people, 99 cooking and fletching are hard to get, for others its the combat skills. I myself would consider cooking and fletching more difficult than something like combat or dungeoneering simply because I find them really boring (yes combat is just watching your character fight I find that relatively fun). It's all up to your personal opinion, I don't know why you're asking us what a respectable 99 is if you're not getting a 99 for other people, as its all subjective.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

ive got 86 fletching, my highest skill currently and is the one i will eventually be going for a 99 in.

I personaly dont give a damn for what other people think about fletching as a first cape, i find it a simple easy 2 train skill and a good 99 to start on. When somebody sees a herblore or prayer cape they think about the money they put into it, not the effort. Respect doesnt matter, get the 99 for yourself, no need 2 rush it.

Tarun1998.png

My first 99 was Runecrafting, I never regretted my choice. I had a lot of fun Runecrafting and playing the Great Orb Project. My cape remains untrimmed and i still cherish those memories. I will say go for a 99 that will personally make you feel like you have accomplished something special, at least that is what I felt when I did Runecrafting. If you enjoy combat, go for 99 slayer as your first 99.

my first 99's were fishing and cooking didnt care what anyone thought, i used to think 99 prayer was awesome now everyone and their moms have it along with herb.If u want a 99 just go for it forget what anyone thinks otherwise why even play the game

phixcire.png

D.Drops=Skirt9 Med9 Spear2 Visage2 Legs6 boots35 shield half1 whip15 dbow5

phixcire.png

phixcire.png

Is it worth it to hurry a 99 just so I can have one?

No.

I could get it in 2 weeks or so, but would it be smart?

No.

Or should I get a more respectable first 99?

No.

I'd love input. Thank you guys

Going for skillcapes is boring. If you do some introspection, you'll probably discover that as long as you're having fun, you shouldn't care what level you are, right? Right. You are much better off training your skills evenly so that you can do quests, which are more fun, more efficient, and more useful.

The cape itself doesn't do anything. I have skillcapes and I never wear them. I don't regret getting 99 in the skills I did, per se, but if I could pull 10m xp off my 99 skills and split them evenly among my other skills, I would.

As far as 99s that are actually good, the only really good one is summoning. It's the only skill that offers a real, tangible benefit for the leap from 98-99, i.e. Steel Titans, which are badass. If you must go for a skillcape, that's the one I'd recommend. (It should get you a couple other 99s gathering the charms, anyway.)

Get any 99 that you would like, it's your character nobody elses, dont get cought up in the "non respectable" 99 (those who say that are idiots, trust me on this they are idiots and not worth your time), cause there is NO such thing as a respectable 99.

Runescape is all about time and money, nothing else, it's not a skill game like say counter-strike, wow or something like that, its just time and money :P.

So choose whatever 99 you would like to achieve first and go for it, congratz in advance mate;)

Most important thing is that you enjoy playing it.

Runescape Main: | + Combat 138 + | 99 HP | 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | Prayer 99 | Mage 99 | Slayer 90 | 99 Cooking | | 99 Fletch | 99 Summoning | Theiving 99 | Firemaking 99 | Woodcutting 99 | Agility 99 | Ranging 99 | Herblore 99 | Total skill: ~2350+

I only have 1 99, which is farming. I enjoyed every xp I got from the sill, and I still farm.

Getting 99 is an achievement for YOU, and nothing else matters. For me, getting 99 ifiremaking is respectable, as I find the skill VERY boring. Others will argue that it is relatively fast and cheap.

TL:DR (lol) Do whatever you want!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

If you decided to go for 'a 99' I'd go for one that felt special to me. In my case, summoning. Looking at your stats, with several unranked skills, I wouldn't say a 99 would be a good way to develop your account e.g. open up new things.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Get a 99 if you want it. And if you want it, get the one you want. I went with defence first, because I thought it was a good one.

I've got a friend who has the 90s cape with no 99s, because that's how he wants to play. It's your game, you follow your own path. Don't worry about what others think (=

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

No 99s are really respectable anymore. I used to get "Nice RC cape", but that was because I was in the first 900 people to get it, now there are 13k+ RC capes, mostly from buying runners at ZMI / effigyscape I'd guess. Hell not even completionist capes are all that rare; there are over 900+ people with maxed total now.

Just get the one YOU want.

No 99s are really respectable anymore. I used to get "Nice RC cape", but that was because I was in the first 900 people to get it, now there are 13k+ RC capes, mostly from buying runners at ZMI / effigyscape I'd guess. Hell not even completionist capes are all that rare; there are over 900+ people with maxed total now.

Actually completionist capes are still rare, I believe someone in the "200m all skills" in GD said that only 4 or so people have it thus far. Not sure how true that is but it can't be too far. Just the Castle Wars requirement itself is pretty tough.

Actually completionist capes are still rare, I believe someone in the "200m all skills" in GD said that only 4 or so people have it thus far. Not sure how true that is but it can't be too far. Just the Castle Wars requirement itself is pretty tough.

That's the trimmed completionist cape - over 500 people have the regular one I'd estimate (~900 people who have the levels for it).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Just do what you set your mind on. you don't ever really need a 99, just have fun at the game.

If you want one, just ask yourself:

What skill is closest to 99?

What skill is fastest?

Do I want a noncb 99?

Do I want a cb 99?(atk, str, hp, rng, arguably pry, mage, summ, arguably dungeoneering)

I hope I helped you.

Bep.png