28-Sep-2011 - Localised Clan Citadels

Saradomin_Mage

28-Sep-2011 - Localised Clan Citadels

Are you enjoying the new citadel theatres? Have you, perhaps, been encountering some unfamiliar faces on your way to the Clan Camp portal? Until now, players of the Brazilian, French and German localised versions have had to visit English worlds to give their clans a home in the skies. Those who have started collecting resources and exploring the near-infinite customisation options of the citadel and battlefield, as well as those who dared venture into the spotlight in the new theatres, had to do this on English game worlds – until now!

Today marks the arrival of fully localised clan citadels in Brazilian Portuguese, French and German. Players who wish to experience their citadel in one of those languages will be able to migrate it over onto a localised world, and an option is now available to set the ‘home language’ for a citadel! Finally, you can explore all the details and intricacies your citadel has to offer in your own language.

Due to technical complexities pertaining to the localised worlds, global matches for the TzHaar Fight Pits and the Burthorpe Games Room were, so far, also unavailable in languages other than English. This changes today; Brazilian, French and German players can now search globally across all their localised worlds for fellow players to have matches with!

If you haven’t yet given your clan a floating home with lots of space for parties and meetings, plenty of customisable features, your very own battlefield editor, and not to mention a magnificent view, you should gather your clan mates to perform the ritual now – don’t miss out! If you’ve already been busy exploring, decorating and skilling, you should visit the clan theatre. Whether you want to stage dramatic re-enactments of RuneScape’s history, or have a goofy evening of improvisational comedy with your friends, the possibilities are endless.

The RuneScape Team

The real update:

[hide]

Patch Notes

Graphical

Some swamp plants have been removed south of the pub in Canifis to make access between the trapdoor and bank easier.

A strange ladder connecting Meiyerditch and the wall surrounding Castle Drakan can now be used from any angle, and now has a world map icon.

Wildercress hoods now look like Wildercress hoods, instead of a coif.

The Herblore skillcape icon no longer clips behind the cape.

The abyssalbane bolts skill guide icon is no longer an abyssalbane arrow.

Some warped docks at the Void Knight outpost has been fixed.

Pirate swords now align correctly with their owner’s hands.

The hair on Pikkenmix's chathead no longer clips with his face.

Some missing polygons have been replaced on the underside of Baba Yaga's house.

The Clan Citadel kiln no longer loses its textures in certain tiers.

Changing shoe colour no longer affects the colour of the spikes on a larupia top.

The Gnome Champion is now using an updated gnome chathead.

The Easter cape no longer clips with the prince tunic.

Spirit tree teleports no longer hide players' capes.

God platebodies no longer clip with fire capes.

Quests & Tasks

The amount of Agility experience given when climbing over planks in Kethsi has been lowered.

Some text during Missing My Mummy has been updated to reflect the recent Prayer point changes.

Mizgog now has a table to place his beads on during Imp Catcher.

The Dwarven Army Axe now works correctly during Lunar Diplomacy and Kennith's Concerns.

The spelling of Azzanadra has been corrected during the battles in Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

A typo has been fixed on Veliaf from the Branches of Darkmeyer quest.

A local thug no longer wants you to ‘make’ his words after Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

Minigames & Distractions

Players will no longer receive two of the same black ibis items when plundering pyramids.

The resurrection ability from the elite Karamja task set in the Tzhaar Fightpits will no longer occasionally cause the player to take damage whilst being resurrected.

Hide and Seek penguins east of Meiyerditch are now recognised when giving a hint.

Miscellaneous

Aura durations are no longer shown as 0 minutes on free worlds.

The correct coloured Theatrical and Changshan clothes are now given from the Player Loyalty store.

The new recoloured items from the Player Loyalty store are now worth the same amount as the non-recoloured versions on the deathkeep interface.

The recoloured Staff of Light now allows players to use the special outside of combat, and works correctly with Slayer dart.

The Clan citadel Head guard no longer says ‘sad_subtle'm sorry’.

Empty Clan citadel loom descriptions now state that they are empty.

Water troughs at a furnace skill plot have had their descriptions corrected.

The chat filter now works correctly on the kiln, furnace and loom skillplots.

A typo has been fixed in the skill advance guide for glavien boots.

Arctic bear familiar dialogue has had an extra ‘if’ removed from its chat.

Ancient effigies now correctly give XP when a player boosts the requirements, but the boost wears off before the XP is claimed.

Trying to fish from a barbarian fishing spot now refers to the rod as a barbarian rod, instead of heavy fishing rod.

Players will no longer disconnect if their pet becomes really hungry whilst in a non-human form, such as a penguin suit.

The Magic Dart, Fire Blast, Snare, Entangle, and elemental bolt spells now cause the correct amount of damage while the chaos gauntlets are equipped.

[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[hide]

Patch Notes

Ancient effigies now correctly give XP when a player boosts the requirements, but the boost wears off before the XP is claimed.

[/hide]

Only good thing for me, though how would this work? A 5 second time frame (well in ticks) to start investigating the effigy once the boost wears off or something?

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Got a few friends who will be pleased about this

Edit: ninja'd

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

More dev time wasted on useless crap :thumbsup:

There was no dev time wasted on any of this. The citadels were done and deployed, all they had to do was have someone translate the text so people in those country's could read it in their native language.

If a dev touched this at all it would have been to make a window bigger or smaller to accommodate the foreign character set. Even then that's just changing a few variables.

They did not have an update ready this is just a band-aid update.

Whatever it happens....

Fools_Taco.png

They have a special team for translating, guys ;) so no time was wasted doing this (only some money by hiring those people for the team but they already did that in the first place).

Always nice to see patch notes though :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

... and there was much rejoicing ...

much-rejoicing_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

YAY! :rolleyes:

I will say two things on topic, namely:

1. While it's nice to see that, at least, we get some "free-be" content on what was otherwise a no-content week, I do hope that this doesn't mean that next week is a "no-content" week. I'm not saying that it will be, one way or another -- I am merely stating it for the sake of commentary; and

2. Is it just me, or is this week's content the kind of thing that should have been included with the original "citadels" package?

nyuseg.png

Citadels are not a waste, just because someone doesnt like an update don't mean it's a waste, ignorance.

Who the hell likes citadels? It was dead content after the first few hours; don't try to say that it's "omg still popular everyone likes it and participates!"

S2buxtG.png

Citadels are not a waste, just because someone doesnt like an update don't mean it's a waste, ignorance.

Who the hell likes citadels? It was dead content after the first few hours; don't try to say that it's "omg still popular everyone likes it and participates!"

I liked that I had to join a clan in order to complete the falador tasks /sarcasm (yes I am a completionist lol can't leave that one task behind). Joined a clan, got the task, got out of the clan.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Who the hell likes citadels?

Who the hell likes Runescape?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Probably because they take too many man hours away from skills.

Just as many people dont like degradable armour/weapons, citadels are frustrating for the same reason. The exception is that citadels are on such a large scale, it is not worth it to maintain like armour or weapons are.

wessan.png

I do and now that I can enjoy my Citadel in my favorite language I am happier.

@Roswell; Everyone here.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Probably because they take too many man hours away from skills.

That's not necessarily true. There's experience to be earned at the citadel -- but it is, of course, limited to those skills for which one develops plots.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

I do and now that I can enjoy my Citadel in my favorite language I am happier.

@Roswell; Everyone here.

Yeh, the only place there are no bots..... (well not in the citadel im at)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Since my original post was removed for "being irritating", I will rephrase.

I find this to be a POINTLESS update. I do NOT like it.

Gimme a new quest instead of a citadel update.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Since my original post was removed for "being irritating", I will rephrase.

I find this to be a POINTLESS update. I do NOT like it.

Gimme a new quest instead of a citadel update.

Consider it your own personal "no-update week" then if you are struggling to cope with this as a game update. We all arent going to like everything from a gaming company thats trying to cater to everyone. They are only human beings so they can't do everything perfect either... Except I think mod Chris...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png