Interracial Relationships. Yes or No?

Noxx

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end it's still going to come down to what you're attracted to at the end of the day. For example, I'm just not attracted to black women, yet I am to just about any other.

As for interracial relationships, eh, this is still a problem in 2011?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 2 weeks later...

This seems interesting - it seems that interracial marriages themselves are more taboo between certain races - i.e. it would be shunned upon for a Chinese person to marry a black person, but it would be okay with a marriage between a Chinese person and a white person. Would this be racial discrimination, or simply an expression of 'incompatibility' between these races?

I'm sure these problems arise with certain other groups too, but I quoted my own race as I'm most familiar with them.

It's more about cultural stigma than actual incompatibility or racial discrimination.

This.

I don't think I've ever seen a black/asian couple before. I personally would feel a little weirded out by that. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it is just way out of the norm.

No.

Destroying peoples lives and forcing them off the grounds they lived on for generations is okay, but a white guy and a black girl together is a no-go?

What's wrong with you?!

If you would have bothered to read maybe 3 posts down from my original post, an explanation lies there.

In all retrospect your post made me lol.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I'm simply going to say yes as I wouldn't exist and be who I am today. My mother is white and my father is black and have been married for 19 years. Whoever thinks you have to be selective with which race you have a relationship clearly has issue and have backhanded a few people in person who have questioned my parents relationship. There was a time where me and my brother was at the beach with my mum and a stranger said, "are those you're kids?", her reaction was odd when she discovered we were as if she swallowed sugar for the first time!

I have a problem with this issue.. The basic idea is fed by the thought of multiple races of humans, but in reality there is only one human race. The real issue is your prefrence of skin pigmintation, and really what a lame trait to be focused on. your decision to date or have a relationship with another person should not be based on such petty characteristics.

I have a problem with this issue.. The basic idea is fed by the thought of multiple races of humans, but in reality there is only one human race. The real issue is your prefrence of skin pigmintation, and really what a lame trait to be focused on. your decision to date or have a relationship with another person should not be based on such petty characteristics.

Actually scientists have been making new discoveries that what we call "race" is composed of more differences than mere skin color alone. When we classify people into Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid, common genetic ancestry has a correlation with shared cognitive patterns, habits, tendencies to react to certain stimuli a certain way, etc. (Too lazy to source so anyone can feel free to assume this is a fabrication.)

Actually scientists have been making new discoveries that what we call "race" is composed of more differences than mere skin color alone. When we classify people into Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid, common genetic ancestry has a correlation with shared cognitive patterns, habits, tendencies to react to certain stimuli a certain way, etc. (Too lazy to source so anyone can feel free to assume this is a fabrication.)

I see what you are saying, but in that case interracial could be two people with different ear wax, and i feel like these differences do not portray multiple races, but one with many variations

If two people love each other there is no reason they should not be allowed to be together.

Just curious, but do you hold this true of incestual relationships, for instance?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

If two people love each other there is no reason they should not be allowed to be together.

Just curious, but do you hold this true of incestual relationships, for instance?

I may not agree with it, but I do believe that they should be allowed together if they so choose, provided both are of legal age to do what they will with their bodies. I think the only legitimate reason why incestual relationships are taboo and illegal is because of the greater chance of genetic abnormalities occuring.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Then there's another factor to consider. Children. For lack of better wording i'll refer to them as half-breed or mixed-breeds. Sooner or later he's going to become confused as to why he's not one color, nor another, but a combination of both. Sooner or later he's going to wonder why his parents are not the same color. Although this may seem like simple matters, it could cause much confusion for a child.

Christ, you couldn't spend five [bleep]ing minutes of your precious time to sit your kids down and explain to them that, like hair and eyes, not everybody has the same coloured skin and that, like the aforementioned hair and eyes, the colour of your skin should make no difference and people shouldn't be judged based on it. People like you should have children if explaining something as simple as that is a big issue.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Black and white mixed couples make me smile, its not the 1950's anymore. Everyone has the right to live happily.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I can't really argue against it since i find Asian girls extremely attractive.

If other people have got a problem with it, it's their problem, not yours.

I suppose the problem in some relationships might occur because of religious beliefs or cultural tradition.

Asian females are amazing.

Yes.

girl-generation-02.jpg

I'll take the third from left.

Luck be a Lady

We're more often attracted to different races compared to our own because it's genetically favourable to partner up with such people. Unfortunately, social values quite easily overpower our natural tendencies.

We're more often attracted to different races compared to our own because it's genetically favourable to partner up with such people. Unfortunately, social values quite easily overpower our natural tendencies.

I just go for the ones who make my tighty whities, tightier whitier.

:mrgreen: What a classic response.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

The real issue is your prefrence of skin pigmintation, and really what a lame trait to be focused on. your decision to date or have a relationship with another person should not be based on such petty characteristics.

Erm, looks play a huge part in a relationship. If, for some reason, I'm not attracted to African American girls, how is that a problem? Skin pigmentation/looks are not a petty characteristics. If I'm not sexually attracted to a woman, the likelihood of the relationship working out goes waaay down.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting idea to go down the science route, except next time perhaps actually get it right - it's not just skin pigmentation that's different, prat, and I can say that without it being a racist opinion in any way.

Multi-racial relationships are common throughout every strata of society - from the high proportion in Britain's council estates up to Seal and Heidi Klum. It can be said therefore that there are both positive and negative connotations to it. Mostly I would imagine that the high proportion of white/black relationships (usually black male white female) in lower socio-economic bands in the UK is due to the fact that a higher proportion of the black minority are poor compared to the proportion of whites ( though obviously in total numbers there are more poor whites as there are more whites in total ). Would I enter a relationship with someone from a very different ethnic background? (E.g. Indian, Vietnamese, African as opposed to Italian, Swede etc). No I almost certainly would not. Primarily because I simply do not find myself attracted to them. I am attracted to people who share similar features to mine (height, proportion etc) - let's not forget some other physical differences, to those who can see what I mean when I say: there are more black male to white female relationships than vice versa - that's a good example ; ).

It is also very difficult to remove ourselves from the fact that mixed race youth tend to feature an incredible crime rate. A newspaper (respectable broadsheet) in the UK recently featured a multi-page article showing the pictures of 30-50 victims/purpatrators of knife murders in London over a set time frame. Incredibly they were all from ethnic minorities (some black, most mixed race. Obviously a large number of whites commit violent crime too, but a larger proportion of mixed race populations engage in it.

Also, I might appear outdated for this, but I simply enjoy racial identity, I like the idea that when I go back to Thailand (where I lived for three years) I will see Thais, and when they come here to the UK, they'll see Brits, like my 6"8 self. That's not to say I think interracial relationships are wrong, I would just rather they were not the pre eminent kind of relationship, and they won't be.

Polnar.png

The main reason mixed-race people commit more crime is because they're poorer. White people would commit just as much crime if they had as little money as these "mixed race" people to whom you're referring.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The main reason mixed-race people commit more crime is because they're poorer. White people would commit just as much crime if they had as little money as these "mixed race" people to whom you're referring.

This.

Where I live, it seems that the black and hispanic families are always poorer than the average white families. Part of this is because these two minorities don't have college degrees, and their children never have the drive to get good grades in school. I just wish that some of these kids would actually try in school. Not to sound racist, but the blacks where I live need to get their shit together, get good grades in school, and go to college. They are just making their race look bad when they just don't care about their futures. Maybe they wouldn't need to commit so much crime to get by if they would try harder to set a better future for themselves.