Interracial Relationships. Yes or No?

Noxx

It is also very difficult to remove ourselves from the fact that mixed race youth tend to feature an incredible crime rate. A newspaper (respectable broadsheet) in the UK recently featured a multi-page article showing the pictures of 30-50 victims/perpetrators of knife murders in London over a set time frame. Incredibly they were all from ethnic minorities (some black, most mixed race. Obviously a large number of whites commit violent crime too, but a larger proportion of mixed race populations engage in it.

The interesting thing is that in the United States, people of Indian and Pakistani descent (I think Brits call them Pakis?) are among the least likely to commit crime among identifiable racial groups. Why? Nearly all are immigrant doctors, professors, or engineers, and such people rarely commit crime. Specific immigration policies are an important part of how crime is distributed.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also very difficult to remove ourselves from the fact that mixed race youth tend to feature an incredible crime rate. A newspaper (respectable broadsheet) in the UK recently featured a multi-page article showing the pictures of 30-50 victims/perpetrators of knife murders in London over a set time frame. Incredibly they were all from ethnic minorities (some black, most mixed race. Obviously a large number of whites commit violent crime too, but a larger proportion of mixed race populations engage in it.

The interesting thing is that in the United States, people of Indian and Pakistani descent (I think Brits call them Pakis?) are among the least likely to commit crime among identifiable racial groups. Why? Nearly all are immigrant doctors, professors, or engineers, and such people rarely commit crime. Specific immigration policies are an important part of how crime is distributed.

Yup, and once again - these people are all or at least have been fairly prosperous. Crime rate is more strongly associated with income than anything else..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Be careful using the word 'Paki' in the context of Britain and British usage. In Britain, the only people who call Pakistanis 'Pakis' are uneducated white bigots who claim the 'Pakis' are stealing their jobs (when in fact they're happy scrounging off benefits anyway). To all extents and purposes, it's a racist term.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

A definite yes.

Mostly because I find women of other races very attractive. I have never known mixed race relationships to be a big deal, but perhaps that is just in Manitoba? I'm not entirely sure. I feel that if two people want to be together, nothing will stand in their way, especially something as minor as their race.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

You forgot an option: Don't care.

I'd pick that. To each his own, I don't care the slightest wether it's black-white-brown-purple-cyan, or even male-female or whatever combination of them. I neither encourage nor discourage certain combinations.

As for the whole South African situation: It's just racism that dates back from the Apartheid time.

*on a side note: pretty sad that the best-known Dutch word on the planet is Apartheid.....*

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

*on a side note: pretty sad that the best-known Dutch word on the planet is Apartheid.....*

That's very true.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

That's very true.

Sorry but Apartheid is not a dutch term.

It's not? Please enlighten me. It might be Flemish....

transcript80.png

Did The_Gabe ever tell us why he said no?

Try looking on page 2-3.

I see. He said he "doesn't support it" though, I wonder what that means exactly.

I would imagine that would mean tolerance without endorsement.

^

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

That's very true.

Pretty sure it's an Afrikaans term.

And if not, Afrikaners are the people who gave the word the meaning it has today.

Well, my brother has been dating an indian girl for the past 10 months. They're going fine, they're happy and just like any other couple. The colour of the skin should NEVER contribute towards the feelings you have. After all, it's what's on the inside that matters. :)

That's very true.

Pretty sure it's an Afrikaans term.

And if not, Afrikaners are the people who gave the word the meaning it has today.

Sure... but Afrikaans has dutch roots... the languaes is derived fom dutch.

anyways... looks like we're on the same page.

transcript80.png

Well, my brother has been dating an indian girl for the past 10 months. They're going fine, they're happy and just like any other couple. The colour of the skin should NEVER contribute towards the feelings you have. After all, it's what's on the inside that matters. :)

But... there's all sorts of smelly and squishy parts on the inside.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I figured this was worth posting here:

My last two relationships have been interracial. The previous one was with a Cambodian girl, her parents were super strict and she wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend. All her mothers friends were the same way with their kids, guess it's a cultural thing for them or something.

My current girlfriend is Filipino , her parents are cool with her dating whoever, and they seem super chill. I'm actually really looking forward to meeting them, they seem really fun.