Tip.It Times - 2nd October 2011

tripsis

noob article.....

well, i admit, being a noob in P2P would not be something i would want to go through again. but i had a blast when i did it the first time.

i can see how it would be very scary to start as a noob now, way more to do when i started, but a lot easier than when i started too.

i believe your problem may be the fact that you consider P2P the same as F2P. both F2P and P2P start at lumbridge. think about it, the same skills you earned in F2P are in lumbridge just like P2P is. you want lumbridge to be different in P2P? why??

a noob always starts the same in P2P as F2P and since you no longer needed the skills offered in both versions in lumbridge, you somehow think that P2P should stick to the limits of F2P has and keep players in lumbridge. personally i would think you would be sick to death to be stuck in lumbridge..... again.

i think you may have missed the point of becoming a member (to me at least) and that is more to do in more places.

the natural progression from F2P to P2P is to branch out from the "basic" skills after you have earned them.

i remember playing a week on F2P then went straight to P2P ASAP, yet most of my early playing was in lumbridge and al-kahrid, i finally wandered up to verrock (sorry bout the spelling on the city names) and even then i was afraid to venture to the west side of the town. eventually i spread out and went everywhere. you have already been to all the places in F2P so, if anything, you should want to go to new places to learn new skills.

so many places to go and do and yet you still want to stay in lumby.

i do see your point, i just whole heartily disagree.

thanks,

gompo

P.S. i still consider myself to be a noob and i probably always will be. i can never see myself doing all the content on RS, nor can i remember half of what i knew.

and.....

agility sure isnt as good as it used to be.... well it is easier to train, but not as worth getting higher levels as it used to be. i remember still needing energy pots at 99 before they nerfed it. now it seems i can run for days and it comes back so fast it is scary, even without musicians and rest. i kinda miss energy pots, strange fruit and using terrorbirds, tho i am sure no one else does. :lol:

No matter where you go, there you are.

StarTrekEnterprise1701A_freedesktopwallpaper_p-1.jpg

I would like to comment on the 1st article "noob again".

I have recently chosen to be a noob again. I had played RS from 2007 through early 2009. I built my account up to combat level 106 and total level about 1650 with like 220 quest points. And then due to some real life issues I left the game. And I gave my account to my nephew who, at the time also played RS, but wanted a stronger account.

fast forward to about 6 weeks ago... The friends I used to play RS with (and had been since playing another game with that is slowly dying) all started talking about how we missed playing RS. So we decided to come back to the game... BUT.. they still had their accounts. I didnt. So if I wanted to start playing again I had to start all over..

And its been extremely fun.

Now I guess you cant say im a noob since I have all the expierience.. but there was a lot about the game I had forgotten and had to remember or relearn. ANd because I had the knowledge from my previous account, I knew more effiencient ways to level up but I still have to redo all those quests and go through all the steps.

ANd like I said Ive enjoyed every minute of it.

I think one of the problems the author has, is they gave themselves a time limit and wanted to get x amount of stuff done in that time. WHere is the fun in that? I have always loved exploring the game, finding new things. And with the amount of updates RS does, coming back after 2 years, there was a lot of new stuff to find. I remember going to make air runes for the first time after doing rune mysteries quest... and wondering what the heck happened to the air alter and what all those new buildings were south of falador. I think that was when I decided to finally bring up tip it again lol.

Runescape has soooo much stuff to do, but it seems some people (like the author) bring the real world stress of wanting to just get stuff out of the way as fast as possible so they can rush to the next thing. This is a game.. sit back and relax. Enjoy exploring. Enjoy finding new things.

Even with the expierience of my past account I know I have much I havent done yet. Ive never played a game of castle wars. Ive never been to the god wars dungeon.

I do understand the author's mindset though.. if you let it, the goals of the game can take a life of its own. In all of us, there is a sense of competition. Wanting to climb leader boards or whatever. In my first account I no longer quested for fun. I would read the quest quide top to bottom and then follow the step by step guide. I just wanted to continue getting the quest points. This time around Im going by memory (for the quests I had done before) and using the in game quest journal as I go along. Only if I actually get stuck, do I bring up tip it.

When I first started playing RS, I didnt know there were fansites or quest guides or anything. I went around and talked to any NPC that would talk back. I looked at every store and building. Obviously thats not a very "efficient" way to play. But isnt one of the reasons we play games is to get away from having deadlines, burdens and such of real life?

My thought processes are kinda weird so I probably rambled in this post, so im sorry.. but I hope I got my point across.

All my comments are on the first article.

This discribed me exactly. No reason to become a member until I mastered ftp. I even had set goals I wanted to do as soon as I became a member which I found difficult to achive as stated in the article. ( I never intended to stay a member) However, my number one draw to the game was exploring. As a ftp player I talked to every single npc and walked very square inch of the free world. I loved meeting new charaters and it only made sense the more I explored the more quest I could start. Becoming a member reminded me why I liked the game. I had to explore to discover new things and abilities.

Fast forward to today. I completed all the quest, explored most of the world that I could and now am focused only on power training. I am no longer doing what I loved about the game and therefore am becoming discontent. Most clans/players are about training/making money or killing each other. Noone is interested in exploring making friends unless they are making mad xp or money.

While I disagree with the changes, this article has sparked my intrest to go back to the reason why I started playing.

First article doesn't make any sense to me. Your first days as a member are supposed to be your funnest and most exciting. Who cares that you have to walk 20 minutes to get to the gnome stronghold, when it's the first time you walk there you're discovering everything and are in awe, excited, although probably overwhelmed, at all the things you have left to do and discover in members. But if all you feel for members is annoyance, and a sense that you have to "work" your way back up, then maybe it's time to move on to another game.

2480+ total

I'm not sure how seeing different buildings and trees is supposed to inspire awe. Maybe the thing that inspires awe is the vastness of the game map, but that to me is only a nuisance.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

You're not in awe at the trees silly. You're in awe at the caves, the cities, the monsters and all the new things, but then again I'm sure there are some people that don't have natural curiosity and can't get immersed in whatever game they are playing.

2480+ total

I just want to mention that I believe it's 10% of your summoning/agility for the "Did you know" tidbit on citadel battlefield power ups. I am 90 summoning and it gave me 99.

And holy crap I really need to change my sig. That is HELLA old and inaccurate :x

Edited by Daynuhlicious
absy2pm9.png