05-Oct-2011 - Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game!

Pinata

You know, I was just submitting my old ideas. However, in the process of writing about the Spirit Bow, I wondered if it could be made more mini-game like. Thinking more on that, I thought why not a mini-game where you're growing and chanting weapons and armor for an Elvish army. Ended up just creating an idea for an entire minigame for people with skills from 70 to 99 with bonus awards that allow players to grow their own tradeable crystal armor and weapons. Even had a simple method for players recharging degraded items themselves.

I know it won't get picked by Jagex as an idea, but I thought it was cool how easy it is to think of useful minigames with big impacts in the actual game. Of course easy ideas don't mean easy to program or implement, but what can you do.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dungeneering reward update that does something with charms....either picks them up turning them in xp(like herbicide) or just picks them up for you

I hate picking up charms all the time.

Or is this combat related again? (like summoning is combat hahaha)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

For any pointers, Jmods in the thread gave these as an example:

- Herblore Habitat (Jadinko lair)

- Prayer renewal potions and Extreme potions

- Living rock caverns

So that's what you should be aiming for. Medium-sized areas that cover plenty of skills and tie it together neatly.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

For any pointers, Jmods in the thread gave these as an example:

- Herblore Habitat (Jadinko lair)

- Prayer renewal potions and Extreme potions

- Living rock caverns

So that's what you should be aiming for. Medium-sized areas that cover plenty of skills and tie it together neatly.

As simple as it sounds it really isnt - Most people are just suggesting things that Jagex are to dumb to even notice about thier own game and fix's for that.

To create a whole new area of a skill is hard for the average player to think up.

I personally can think of many things jagex should do but do they do not warrant a 'new' way to train/use a skill.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

LRC is fishing/mining/combat, HH/Lair is herblore/farming/hunter/woodcutting/firemaking/fletching/combat, potions are all herblore, Livid Farm is magic/farming/tiny collateral xp, Artisan's is smithing, Lava Flow Mine is mining.

Of all these updates, only LRC mining, HH hunter and extremes are used in efficient maxing out. LRC fishing, Lava Flow and HH firemaking are used as 'relaxed' methods. Livid is almost only done for the spells.

Point being that it's quite likely that these updates lead to nothing anyway, since half the skills involved offer only sub-par methods.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

What about adding the ability to "customize" weapons and armor for your personal use? This'd give players high level smithing and crafting additional incentive to use those skills.

Taking a chapter from World of Warcraft, perhaps high level crafters can craft cosmetic pieces to be attached over the armor in which they're wearing, similar to ornaments for the Dragon Platebody. Each piece may add a few % of damage absorption if one wishes to make it statistical relevant. So smithing -> warrior armor, crafting -> mage/ranger armor.

Thus, customizable ornament pieces are tradable (create commodity), are consumed upon use (ensues adequate supply/demand), can only be utilized by the people with the skill level (incentive to train skill). Make 'em moderately easy to obtain and you can tie in hunter/farming/mining/agility too to add additional interactions with other skills.

LRC is fishing/mining/combat, HH/Lair is herblore/farming/hunter/woodcutting/firemaking/fletching/combat, potions are all herblore, Livid Farm is magic/farming/tiny collateral xp, Artisan's is smithing, Lava Flow Mine is mining.

Of all these updates, only LRC mining, HH hunter and extremes are used in efficient maxing out. LRC fishing, Lava Flow and HH firemaking are used as 'relaxed' methods. Livid is almost only done for the spells.

Point being that it's quite likely that these updates lead to nothing anyway, since half the skills involved offer only sub-par methods.

Don't forget sawmill training! Artisan's workshop is more of an optimization thing in which you get more exp for your materials, but it's all moot compared to goldsmith :P

What I would really like would be some kind of sensible way to train summoning or runecrafting without the excessive costs/useless item production/pack mule syndrome.

8f14270694.jpg

Don't forget sawmill training! Artisan's workshop is more of an optimization thing in which you get more exp for your materials, but it's all moot compared to goldsmith :P

What I would really like would be some kind of sensible way to train summoning or runecrafting without the excessive costs/useless item production/pack mule syndrome.

Sawmill was released alongside other high level woodcutting, which includes Ivies.

You don't call extreme potion update a failure because Spec restore doesn't get used often, do you?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

A new Runecrafting/Agility/Construction activity would be pretty awesome.

I'm imagining something where you actually go inside the source of the altar's power (construct some planks on the stonehenge structures, activate the altar and jump in using agility) to go to a new training area. The training area will be floating over an abyss. New platforms continuously appear, and orbs of colored energy flow towards the center column. You must jump around making sure that only the colored energy that corresponds to the rune you're making makes it through. You do so by building filters: red energy that goes through a blue filter gets completely destroyed, but orange energy that goes through a red filter turns dark red.

For every correct energy that goes into the center, you gain RC XP equal to the rune, and if you power it enough, when you leave there will be a reward that is lying on top of the altar for you to take. It can range from new rewards such as *real* law and nature battlestaves to catalytic runes. The main reward is a rune pouch that can hold an unlimited number of runes and spells can be cast from inside of.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

A mining version of bonecrusher/herbicide that destroys all ores you mine and gives half the smelting xp.

Feel free to submit it. I haven't.

That sounds like a better thing to add to Adze like with the burning of logs. :)

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

BACON!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

What about that idea about the high level non tradable armor, there was a thread somewhere . . .

That was what the high level Smithing revamp *should* have been, not Artisan's Worhshop. <_<

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

I would just really love a belt slot.

Think of all the different belts you could make (a belt for each skill/skills with higher teirs that hold more).

Anyone fancy making an event and writing it up to Jagex?

70+ all skills. 17/24 skills 75+

I actually like this project - it's essentially requesting innovation from it's very own players. I'd like to see something inventive like the idea of 'Charmchompas' as a Dungeoneering pet - a passive way to obtain charms with a small drawback (that it requires charms to continue harvesting).

I like how we can only wear one ring.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

BACON!

Frick yes. Use it as an additive to other healing stuff we have now to give more healing in exchange for Constitution dropping or something. Saradomin Brew with Bacon and Pickles :D

On a more... serious note, there are quite a few really good suggestions in this topic thus far - although many of them probably fit Jagex's definition of 'elite' content as opposed to 'high level' content. And Runecrafting really does need something to make training it normally better than effigies - both efficiency and entertainment-wise.

Then again, they list charm sprites as a good example, and that's pretty much dead content, so I wouldn't get my hopes up...

a70c7.png

Okay let's see what skills DON'T need high level improvement:

Cooking (The skill is practically full)

Fishing (Same as above)

Herblore (Extremes, ovl's etc.)

Attack (combat stat doesn't fit reqs)

Strength (same as above)

Defense (same as above)

Hitpoints (it will forever be hitpoints not constitution oh and same as above)

Prayer (same as two above)

Magic (same as above)

Ranged (same as above)

Firemaking (What more could you add to burning stuff? Besides arson...)

Woodcutting (Whatever update that would happen would be used for 1 week then everyone goes back to ivys)

Thieving (This skill is good for now, don't break it)

Summoning (Same it's good, don't break it, unless a high level blue charm pouch is added)

Skills that need high level improvement but don't fit medium to small:

Smithing (Needs to be reworked, far too large)

Mining (After rune, what then?)

Dungeoneering (what about the level 100+ items, they would have to be released in one large batch with the last floors)

Skills that need high level improvement and fit medium to small size:

Runecrafting (Needs something but idk what)

Agility (I want a new high level arena!)

Construction (a new room perhaps)

Hunter (wooo more charm sprites)

Farming (recently got a new update but it could absolutely use more allotments etc)

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

To be honest, I'd like to see them add some good food to cooking that ISN"T a fish. It doesn't really make sense that all the things that require multiple steps to make and cook heal less (at least, per bite) than a fish which only requires one. It would be nice to see something that takes a few different steps and ingredients from more than one skill (or maybe just farming and fishing) that could compete with rocktails or maybe even surpass them. Of course, it'd have to be untradable it avoid completely nuking fish prices... *Runs off to suggest a rocktail sandwich*

Of course, being able to customize armor or make good armor from smithing would be a great addition as well and has been suggested for a long time, but since Jagex said they don't want it to directly influence combat I guess that's out. :/

I also think that farming could use another update. I know farming recently got an exclusive herb (which is great until you consider that it recently lost it's exclusive tortsols thanks to jadinkos and temple trekking) but it still has a lot of room for growth, especially in the allotment and hop patches. I'd love to see them add a crop that could be grown from them that would actually be useful to the average scaper.

To be honest, I'd like to see them add some good food to cooking that ISN"T a fish. It doesn't really make sense that all the things that require multiple steps to make and cook heal less (at least, per bite) than a fish which only requires one. It would be nice to see something that takes a few different steps and ingredients from more than one skill (or maybe just farming and fishing) that could compete with rocktails or maybe even surpass them. Of course, it'd have to be untradable it avoid completely nuking fish prices... *Runs off to suggest a rocktail sandwich*

Of course, being able to customize armor or make good armor from smithing would be a great addition as well and has been suggested for a long time, but since Jagex said they don't want it to directly influence combat I guess that's out. :/

I also think that farming could use another update. I know farming recently got an exclusive herb (which is great until you consider that it recently lost it's exclusive tortsols thanks to jadinkos and temple trekking) but it still has a lot of room for growth, especially in the allotment and hop patches. I'd love to see them add a crop that could be grown from them that would actually be useful to the average scaper.

Tuna potatoes are quite decent ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!