the market

runelo

I was just wondering why the heck it costs more to make a rune platebody than it does to sell one? Its like 60+k to make one compared to the 38k to sell it. Not very cost effective.

I havent played much the past few years, basically just started back up but when i did play i didnt think the prices are like they are now. What gives? Is it the botting? Any insights or thoughts?

You no longer lose stuff when PKing. Also I can't remember a time when the materials required to make a rune plate = the cost of the rune plate.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Final products have been worth less than the combined materials to make them for years. It's kind of the inverse of real life, producing the item (ie: gaining xp) has more value than the item itself.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

All the value in the item is the experience gained.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The current price of rune bars is determined by the most cost effective way to use them for XP gain, which is rune platelegs or rune 2h swords (about the exact same). You lose a very small amount of money smithing plegs/2h swords compared to platebodies. Nobody smiths rune platebodies, and there are already enough in the game to easily meet any demand for them.

Notice that the GP/XP for rune bars is about the same as adamant bars being smithed into platebodies. They rise and fall together.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Kind of funny that you mentioned this. I submitted an idea to jagex about a skill Improvement to smithing that involves finding armor design drops. These designs could then be used to learn how to create different types of armor that offer better defensive, offensive and strength attributes.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Final products have been worth less than the combined materials to make them for years. It's kind of the inverse of real life, producing the item (ie: gaining xp) has more value than the item itself.

Except farming (seeds--->herbs).

Except farming (seeds--->herbs).

herbs---->herblore

Herblore xp > Farming xp

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX