Your Biggest Ingame Regret?

Kirschen

When I was an arrogant 9-year-old and I killed one stinking thing, I went up to Varrock and tried to kill a thief. Didn't work out well, since I had started the game 30 minutes ago. :-)

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a dramatic 'quitting' dilemma and losing some great friends once we disconnected. The community of RuneScape used to be ten times better in the past but now it's miserable.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not learning how to trade back in 05 or so when I first played... But then again I was only in elementary school, but still it is a complete fml on my part as I struggle to search for some cash to get skills to 99.

Ever going on Miniclip and playing the top rated game. I kid I kid ;)

Erm let's see...

I sometimes regret becoming members. I love the pure F2P high level community, I would've loved being a part of that.

Apart from that, waiting with my most hated skills to do them last before maxing. Should've done thieving alot sooner cause it's killing me!

sigtsg99tq3.png

I trusted someone and they cleaned my account of 1.8b. Oh well live and learn

ohye and I got old vids of me playing from like 2009 which has hween set and santa in my invy, 60m all 4, green was like 8m lol red like 17m.

I went hardcore sold the rares and spent 50m doing yews/magics to 99 firemaking for my first 99 lol!

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

When I was a noob I was saving up to get myself any rare item on my old main account before I was going to quit it to play on my new pure, now my main. I had enough to buy 2 easter eggs at something like 4m each but I decided I wasn't going to buy them since you can't show them to anyone except in a trade. In the end I got lazy about making the last few mil for a mask and I decided to just hold onto my hard earned cash should I ever want to play on that account again :rolleyes: Needless to say, not a good move....

• 1 month later...

One regret was buying 99 herblore and prayer at extremely high prices before frost dragon bots destroyed the price of bones.

However my biggest regret was donating around 1 billion GP to friends and people in my friends chat around Christmas. Since now all they do is ask for money and treat me crap.

Cake....

Cake?

-Staking my first blue phat against like 300m with summoning on rules and not bothering to check that they had not changed their account :wall: :wall:

two level 130s almost same name, one 57 summ other 99 =(.

-deciding to log back in to wildy at like 30lp and divine risk without time to click protect item

-Going pking risking full virtus and divine with bad internet

I would be so much richer if I used my brain a bit sometimes XD

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I started playing around 2003-2004, I stopped playing by 2006 and sporadically played till October 2011 more or less, if I had kept playing all those years I am sure I would be at least maxed combat and pretty near maxing the account,so that is my biggest regret (As a side note, the account I am currently using is about 5 months old and I have already surpassed my first account, both in total levels and Combat level :wall: )

Dusk%20Soul.png

Letting myself get burnt out training prayer in like 2007. I made it to level 93 or so before I went crazy and ended up quitting the game for like a year. Dragon bones were like 1.8k back then. I had all the bones for 99 prayer but sold them since I was quitting. :thumbdown:

Not getting 99 crafting in 2007.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

My, didn't expect this thread to still be alive. :P

@Tripsis: I know several people who had that similar experience, although most didn't regret it because they quit for good.

Another regret I might as well add: Not getting fire cape when it was easier (as in without those nerfs). Then again, not having the courage to boss or learning to get involved with other players for bossing; would've been richer by now.

Uh... not sure if this is actually a regret but many many years ago I took my purple phat with me on a quest, Troll Stronghold I believe. Lost it cause I didn't bring enough food, decided to try to keep going in the quest and died (no home teles then). Now this may not be a regret cause it forced me to work my butt off to get enough money to buy a new phat, this time a green one like I always wanted. Also learned a bit of merching during that. Who knows what I would have done had I still had a purple. Probably would have trained woodcutting efficiently and not cut so many freaking magic trees... I know that.

icecube7.jpeg

Well it'd probally be selling my Blue partyhat before I quit. Now, I want a Blue partyhat but can't seem to get one in the Grand Exchange.

Haha, yeah good luck with that!

Err, my biggest regret would probably be not camping a boss before the effigy nerf. I decided to get all of my effigy skills to 97 before starting slayer/bossing. And I guess waiting like 3 months after juju potions came out to start my mega herb farming obsession; I could've made a killing.

And, like everyone else, not buying rares when they were relatively dirt cheap.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Well it'd probally be selling my Blue partyhat before I quit. Now, I want a Blue partyhat but can't seem to get one in the Grand Exchange.

Err, my biggest regret would probably be not camping a boss before the effigy nerf. I decided to get all of my effigy skills to 97 before starting slayer/bossing. And I guess waiting like 3 months after juju potions came out to start my mega herb farming obsession; I could've made a killing.

The effigy thing is one of the few things that went my way :D

(Well. Bit me in the ass less than it could have.)

I've stockpiled 52 now, and while I'd still like to get a few more between skilling, now i have a nice gap to train the opening skills and use them all. If i had skilled first and started collecting effigies after, it would have been shortly before the nerf I'm sure.

Might as well add a regret: Not questing. Quests bring awesome rewards such as TDs and the new awesome cape/easy 5m/h onyx, but i'm far too anti-quest to ever unlock them.

CNqWHdA.jpg

In my case, I bought one or two when they were cheap. I thought "a 15M Santa... I don't think I can make money off of this." Skip to current day. <_<

I never really tried the real profit-making methods the day they come out. I tend to use a bit of it to my favor, but I don't recall using any new method that comes out that week to the fullest, including the time I made 21M in two days when Jadinkos Lair came out and suddenly stopped, and it's worse that I never triy anything skiller-related despite how game-changing it can be. I need to actually learn my lesson and be more diligent (and maybe a tad hint of ruthless if the method involves combat).