17 October 2011 - Deathcon II (Halloween 2011)

Da_Latios

Death is planning the Halloween convention to end all Halloween conventions: Deathcon II. Everyone is invited to a celebration of the macabre, the malign and the monstrous that promises to be the best yet! He just needs some help setting up...

Deathcon II is being held in the clan citadel of The Horsemen: the clan founded by Death himself, Famine, War, Pestilence and an upbeat fellow named Frank. As well as getting Death out of the house, the citadel is the perfect venue to encompass the grand Deathcon II vision, and everyone’s pitching in. Beauty, the clan’s artisan, is working on the citadel’s decor, Frank’s planning a fantastic firework display on the roof and music is provided by Infinity: the Artist Formerly Known as Minstrel Web.

Anthropomorphic personifications of ubiquitous, abstract concepts though they are (honorary or otherwise), The Horsemen are a small clan. Beauty, Frank and Infinity will each need your help before Deathcon II can kick off with insidious style.

Once everything’s up and running, you’ll have the run of the whole convention. Be sure to say hi to Father Aereck and Dardar, who’ll be manning a gravestone store; pop in on Pumpkin Pete, if you can find him; and share a drink or eight with Punchy the Octopus. Be sure to bring Eek along too, if you have her from the 2009 event. Halloween is her favourite time of the year and she’ll never forgive you if you don’t!

The event is open to everyone, free players and members alike, and will run for three weeks. All attendees will receive a Deathcon II lanyard to access the Horsemen’s citadel, and those who complete the tasks set by the organisers will receive an exclusive in-game t-shirt and a new emote. Members who complete the tasks will receive a bonus hourglass item, which can be wielded in the shield slot. These items will only be obtainable during Deathcon II, though, so be sure to get them while you can.

As you may be aware, there’s another major convention happening during Deathcon II: Runefest! Beauty’s sister Fame has something special planned in the theatre, which will remain closed until October the 29th. All will be revealed during Runefest, to attendees and non-attendees alike.

Mod Srowley

How to start Deathcon II:

Speak to Frank outside the Clan Camp’s western entrance.

Requirements:

None, although you’ll need to be a member to claim your hourglass.

In Other News...

- Members now have the opportunity to obtain a wicked hood, courtesy of the ZMI, from Tam McGrubor in Varrock. As well as giving a magic attack and magic defence bonus, the hood has a range of Runecrafting functions usable on a daily basis, including free runes, free essence and teleports to altars, as well as the ability to access them. Finally, it can be upgraded with talismans to expand its repertoire of rune types. Speak to McGrubor for full details, or see the manual.

- We’ve made a number of technical changes to the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon resource area which will make frost dragon killing harder and less profitable for bots, without impacting upon the experience of legitimate players. This is just the first in a series of initiatives we’re taking to tackle bots for good.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death is planning the Halloween convention to end all Halloween conventions

>End all Halloween conventions

>No more Halloween events

>RS must die before October 2012.

Official announcement that RuneScape will close within twelve months.

/overanalysis

The frost dragon nerf is pretty big. Dragons now range. A blue light appears around them, which can hit over 300 it seems.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The frost dragon nerf is pretty big. Dragons now range. A blue light appears around them, which can hit over 300 it seems.

Wow, this is interesting. Does this mean if we are supposed to flick prayers as we fight now? :P Not like I have fought against Frost Dragons in ages, ever since it became a bot fest. :smile:

u5zhkTY.gif

Ok, I visited dragons, a minute later I died.

Few new things:

Frost dragons have now a range attack, so they use all combat styles

It also has a new interesting attack I've never seen on any other enemy.

It summons like a blue sphere that flies around it for like 10 seconds, this attack is very accurate and hit mid 250s. It's also neutral damage so you can't protect from it, only way to avoid it is to move back a few steps.

The way I see it, frost dragons are [bleep]ed up, way more annoying to kill and range is now the best way to kill it.

Frost dragons can no longer be meleed, I've been hit over 350 damage from meleeing them, and that's avoiding the blue light and running back and forth to be in the dragon's melee range for only one tick. The 'without impacting upon the experience of legitimate players' is a lie, pure and simple.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Wow, this is interesting. Does this mean if we are supposed to flick prayers as we fight now? :P Not like I have fought against Frost Dragons in ages, ever since it became a bot fest. :smile:

...And this is supposed to have no impact on normal players? Did they change the definition of impact while I wasn't looking or something?

Read update: see Wicked Hood. Think: "Oh, finally something that makes Runecrafting suck less, let's see what it do-"

2 altar teleports per day, and a few free runes/ess.

2 teleports.

So much for thinking it'd be helpful. I mean, that's what, an extra 2kish xp that's a little bit easier than normal ZMI runs?

Also.

Weve made a number of technical changes to the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon resource area which will make frost dragon killing harder and less profitable for bots, without impacting upon the experience of legitimate players.

[sarcasm]Because making them impossible to melee and adding in a ranged attack has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on legit users who would be killing them.[/sarcasm]

a70c7.png

Anyone else think it's pretty weird that you get a T-shirt...? That's not very Runescape-eque now is it? The emote's pretty awesome though :)

screenshot323.png

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Wicked hood is such a tease:

Perma- "undiscovered" on soul rune button

astral unlocks via omni

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Horses in RS!!!

rs2e.png

93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning

I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.

Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.

[hide=Thanks to]Silvermist82, Byzantus, Eka-iridium, emers8529, Octarine, A Local Guy, ezeeipancake, and Thor ls Here[/hide]

Anyone else think it's pretty weird that you get a T-shirt...? That's not very Runescape-eque now is it? The emote's pretty awesome though :)

screenshot323.png

At least it's not a tshirt we put on our heads. We have enough head gear.

I kinda like it.

35b9enp.jpg

Just in case anyone gets the same sequence as me, here's one of the dancefloors ;)

screenshot320.png

Awwwww, here I was making a picture to help people... and you already did!

And yeah, I got the same sequence, might be the same for everybody?

By the way, anybody noticed the funky dance you do when you're idle on the dancefloor? Or is that on all clan citadel dancefloors? Teehee... </nub>

bluelight.png

Blue light is also glitchy. I'm too much of a coward to actually go in and get hit by it, but the general consensus is that this update may have done way more harm than good. There's at least three or four maxed out guys raging at the dragons at where I'm standing at the moment.

I'm going to see if I can grab a few more screens. Either I'm lagging or it's hitting more than once.

The new hood is massively useful for getting to Lunar spellbook. Can be used twice a day max, but that's usually sufficient. Need an omni-talisman to unlock it, though.

Also very useful for any Sawmill pengs if you teleport to Earth altar.

The free essence is also very convenient at any given altar. Supply be doubled with Elemental talisman, which are now unbuyable on the GE. That's 100/200 free runes basically.

I like it. I'll miss my tiaras, though. :(

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I guess on the upside, the event isn't totally bad.

Draw me like one of your French girls :rolleyes:

12706787.png

Also, a little thing notched into the woodcutting plot

sadgv.png

And finally, the text from reading the Ancient Gravestone. Any idea what the IX (Roman numeral 9?) could point to?

sade.png

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Read update: see Wicked Hood. Think: "Oh, finally something that makes Runecrafting suck less, let's see what it do-"

2 altar teleports per day, and a few free runes/ess.

2 teleports.

So much for thinking it'd be helpful. I mean, that's what, an extra 2kish xp that's a little bit easier than normal ZMI runs?

That's because being useful is not its purpose.

When you reach level 5 in Magic or Runecrafting you will be offered the hood on a flyer written by Tam McGrubor. You can then collect the hood from McGrubor himself at his booth in Varrock (orange dot on the map to the right). If you are a free player that has subscribed as a result of seeing McGrubor's advert, you will be able to teleport straight to his booth the first time you enter a members world.