17 October 2011 - Deathcon II (Halloween 2011)

Da_Latios

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, for frost dragons: when the blue light appears, stop attacking. It will hit 300+ if you mage too. It appears for about 5 seconds, every kill, unless you kill it quickly enough I suppose. The magic attacks are also very accurate, hitting easily on 112 mage def (Ahrim's etc.).

I'm not sure if you can even use a cannon now, because you can't stop it attacking when you have to.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Some people are claiming that it's reflecting the amount of damage in which you're doing/would have done. If that's the case, then I think it may be Jagex's attempts to simply slow down the rate of frost dragon killing.

Some people are claiming that it's reflecting the amount of damage in which you're doing. If that's the case, then I think it may be a way for them to simply slow down the rate of frost dragon killing.

That seems unlikely to me, as I'm very able to hit over 400 with melee and magic and never got hit over 400. They are very much slowing down the killrate though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The new hood is massively useful for getting to Lunar spellbook. Can be used twice a day max, but that's usually sufficient. Need an omni-talisman to unlock it, though.

Also very useful for any Sawmill pengs if you teleport to Earth altar.

The free essence is also very convenient at any given altar. Supply be doubled with Elemental talisman, which are now unbuyable on the GE. That's 100/200 free runes basically.

I like it. I'll miss my tiaras, though. :(

Just sold my ele tali instantly for 602k.

lxl_bluesky.png

The new hood is massively useful for getting to Lunar spellbook. Can be used twice a day max, but that's usually sufficient.

OMFG YES. And here I was preparing to go play GOP.

Also time to camp the Abyss for elemental tallys.

2 new items can be found in Quickchat: Golden scythe and a sock mask.

I saw them in the toy box before the system update that was like an hour ago.

Must be something you get for coming to Grim's event on halloween.

Does anyone know how member's holiday items work? I'm not a member right now but I finished the event already and got my reward. If I do become a member, can I get the hourglass from Diango later on?

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Does anyone know how member's holiday items work? I'm not a member right now but I finished the event already and got my reward. If I do become a member, can I get the hourglass from Diango later on?

It will probably end up being like the Wintumber tree and you not getting it because you weren't a member at the time.

Nope. It's now or never.

waroj.png

Haven't done the event yet but this made my day!

I love my new head pet. I feed him talismans and he shits out essence and runes!! Unfortunately I can't locate an Elemental Talisman to feed him at this moment... -.-

Here's to hoping that the gold scythe/sock mask thing aren't RuneFest exclusives.

I'd just like to add that the Pizazz Hat can suck it. I may just go pick it up again so that my new headpet can devour it as well!

2dgucz6.png

And finally, the text from reading the Ancient Gravestone. Any idea what the IX (Roman numeral 9?) could point to?

sade.png

Cat's have nine lives. Thus once used, it's finally dead. XD

I enjoyed the event. I won't be able to attend the actual party cause I am busy. Hope I can get the other items else how.

About the hood, I pulled out 5 death runes @ 72 runecrafting. Wish it gave me more, but maybe it gives more elemental runes. Also, it gives out pure essence, not rune essence. And last note, it eats tiaras as well, because it ate my omni tiara. Add another thing to the daily list of stuff to do. :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

And the hunt for an elemental talisman begins...

... And another concrete piece of evidence soul runecrafting will enter the game, rather soon hopefully.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Here's to hoping that the gold scythe/sock mask thing aren't RuneFest exclusives.

The gold scythe is probably their appreciation item for winning the Golden Joystick again...yes, I know they haven't won it yet but I'm sure they're supremely confident. Why else would they hold RuneFest the weekend the winner is announced?

Maybe the sock mask is for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Or perhaps they've devised a new random event and that's the reward.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The gold scythe is probably their appreciation item for winning the Golden Joystick again...yes, I know they haven't won it yet but I'm sure they're supremely confident. Why else would they hold RuneFest the weekend the winner is announced?

Maybe the sock mask is for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Or perhaps they've devised a new random event and that's the reward.

Both the Sock mask and the golden scythe was in the toy box, random event rewards goes in the fancy dress box.

So the knowledge base says that the wicked hood produces 100 of a free-to-play rune everyday, or 5 members runes, and you can use it twice if you have an elemental talisman. On first reading I though this meant I could get 200 free law or nature runes per day, but now I think it means runes which free-to-play can craft, not those they can use. Is that the way it is?

Flyingjj.png

So do you just need omni and elemental tallies to max out the hood? Or does omni only cover part of the other tallies.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

The new hood is massively useful for getting to Lunar spellbook. Can be used twice a day max, but that's usually sufficient. Need an omni-talisman to unlock it, though.

Also very useful for any Sawmill pengs if you teleport to Earth altar.

The free essence is also very convenient at any given altar. Supply be doubled with Elemental talisman, which are now unbuyable on the GE. That's 100/200 free runes basically.

I like it. I'll miss my tiaras, though. :(

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I thought that hood is crap, but it will be awesome for switching to lunars tbh. Well, still crap for RC XD

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

BST is the same as GMT right? Not good at converting when it comes to alt names.

I will assume the Oct 29th event will give us the golden scythe and sock mask displayed in the toy box.

BST = British Summer Time

It's the timezone Britian is in while the clocks are forward for the summer and is 1 hour ahead of GMT

(Hence pengs etc reseting around midnight GMT, but in summer they reset around 1am BST)

But BST does get called GMT still, worst case scernario is you turn up an hour early.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So the knowledge base says that the wicked hood produces 100 of a free-to-play rune everyday, or 5 members runes, and you can use it twice if you have an elemental talisman. On first reading I though this meant I could get 200 free law or nature runes per day, but now I think it means runes which free-to-play can craft, not those they can use. Is that the way it is?

By free play they mean anything a non-member can craft. In other words, if you can use normal rune essence to craft it, you can get 100. If you need pure essence (a la membership) then you can only get 5 per use.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000